• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Mildred Loving, matriarch of interracial marriage, dies

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080505/ap_on_re_us/obit_loving;_ylt=Ah0lPMoRoHc_mpG.qUUmmm5I2ocA

"RICHMOND, Va. - Mildred Loving, a black woman whose challenge to Virginia's ban on interracial marriage led to a landmark Supreme Court ruling striking down such laws nationwide, has died, her daughter said Monday.

Peggy Fortune said Loving, 68, died Friday at her home in rural Milford. She did not disclose the cause of death.

"I want (people) to remember her as being strong and brave yet humble — and believed in love," Fortune told The Associated Press.

Hard to beleive 17 states still had laws banning it as late as 1967.Farewell to an average person who made a difference and helped end a ridiculous ban.

I hear she was a Loving woman. :1orglaugh

Seriously, though, kudos to her. Like you said, it is very hard to believe that as late as 1967 there were still laws against interracial marriage.

Now we even have gay marriage in some states. Who will be tomorrow's champion of interspecies marriage? We're waiting.....

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
Sorry to hear of her passing - there was a report of her life and the repercussions of her marriage on the BBC news last year...RIP

Very smart lady, RIP Mildred Loving

RIP Mildred Loving.....i have the upmost respect for loving because i'm in an interracial relationship righ tnow. I'mb black and my girlfriend is portuguese.....its a beautiful thing

It's sick that we are still so backward that interracial or gay marriages are still considered unusual. SICK.

I totally agree. I hope everyone knows my crack about this leading to "interspecies marriage" was just a joke. I am 100% in support of interracial and gay marriage. People can't control who they are attracted to, so if they find the right person, I feel they should be able to get married. I feel that is their right.

jedi007gotham

Closed Account
I agree and fully support interracial marriage but am undecided about gay marriages frankly..... I am not for or against them really, i just think more discussion and debate is needed... I mean its incredible when you think that only 5 years ago the supreme court said you can't criminalize sodomy.... I believe that should have been decided long before, but we cannot change time.....I guess what I am saying is that gradual changes are almost always better and more stable than rapid ones and thus, if we as a country are going to go towards gay marriages we should move first toward civil unions and see where that leads us.... in otherwords, as with most issues, I think we should act prudentially in moving towards change

And another thing: it's none of your business, nor the government's business, whether gays fuck ass or suck cock or get married. None of your damn business. It has nothing to do with politics. Healthcare. Education. War. Tax spending. THOSE are politics.

NOT gay rights. NOT racial equality. NOT abortion.

Those are moral issues and should be each to their own. Religion and high-brow morality have no place in the politik of a free country.

And then there's immigration and gun laws. These things do NOT affect our daily lives. We need to focus political energy on health care, tax spending, war prevention, and education - the things which affect every one of us very directly. Immigrants and gun laws have nothing to do with anything, really.

It's so messed up how they have us fighting about these things. Even discussing these things. They are so clever at what they do.
Good to see You back,Fox.--However,I do feel that immigration and gun laws have a LOT to do with our daily lives.How can healthcare and education be provided or fixed with our immigration policies so messed up?--College and free Health Care to all illegal immigrants?----"sigh"------Anyway,back to topic,God Bless Mildred Loving.