• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Lord Of The Rings

Aragorn does go one-on-one with Sauron, but it's through the palantir from what I've read

Really!? dnt like the idea of that, ah well aslong as Sauron doesnt whip out an MP5 i guess it'll be fine!:D

As for Boromir's revenge, in the extended TTT there's a scene with him in it. I'm not sure what it is, but I heard it somewhere.

lol! yeah its what i like to call the "Life is good" scene him and Faramir Are having a drink and chatting aboot how things are goin great, and at one point Bormir proposses a toast and he says "Brother, LIFE IS GOOD" lol! what i ment by Boromirs revenge was that, thats gonna be the sequal to rotk! jst to milk the license! :D

ROTLD said:
Sweet, check out Shelob!

http://www.theonering.net/scrapbook/group/1027/view/8928

I know what you mean about the new Star Wars trilogy, I still like them though - especially Christopher Lee in the last one, he's always been a favourite actor of mine.

Episdoe 3 should be good though, I just hope Boba gets to kill Mace Windu...

did you know peter mayhew is coming back into the third one? (chewy)....the galaxy sure is a small place

OptimusMike said:
Really!? dnt like the idea of that, ah well aslong as Sauron doesnt whip out an MP5 i guess it'll be fine!:D

lol! yeah its what i like to call the "Life is good" scene him and Faramir Are having a drink and chatting aboot how things are goin great, and at one point Bormir proposses a toast and he says "Brother, LIFE IS GOOD" lol! what i ment by Boromirs revenge was that, thats gonna be the sequal to rotk! jst to milk the license! :D

SPOILERS!

in regards to the sauron - aragon stand off -

In the book all Aragon does is put a mask on and then shows sauron the sword of kings nasil just to make him shit his pants from what i gather from the film they will do that scene (woohoo cause its quite dramatic and cool in the book) but without the mask

really looking forward to that.

the other thing is i read a spy report that sauron will take pshyical form in the end of ROTK so theres prolly gonna be a fight between him and aragon there or him and gandalf or him vs the pair...god knows.....that was just a rumor tho. However from what Legolas sez on the trailor 'he is here' makes me wonder if he's on about this very thing!!!!!!

the other thing is i read a spy report that sauron will take pshyical form in the end of ROTK so theres prolly gonna be a fight between him and aragon there or him and gandalf or him vs the pair...god knows.....that was just a rumor tho. However from what Legolas sez on the trailor 'he is here' makes me wonder if he's on about this very thing!!!!!!

Please say it aint so! its bad enough that they took the scouring of the shire out!

Chewie's back, that's pretty sweet. He'll probably be shown as an Imperial slave being helped by a certain plucky stormtrooper...

That "Sauron in physical form thing" has to be bogus. Nobody, not even Gandalf, could stand up to him.

BTW, I think the "he is here" thing means the dark forces, or maybe the Witch King. It could never be Sauron himself, they couldn't have him appear - even casual fans would no that no army could stop him.

It's gotta just be the army, or perhaps the eye.

Actually, it might be cool if it shows him taking form just as the Ring is falling into the crack...:nanner:

thats what i was thinkin.....mayb he could start whoopin ass and then when....

SPOILER

dur dur (hiding the name) falls in the dar dar (hiding the place) you have ding dong (hiding another name) quickly turn and look up at dar dar and then blow up!...sweet!

Cool idea, although the durs and dars had me thinking :)

I think it'd look cool if he imploded again like at the start of FotR.

Also, do you remember a scene from the book of Legolas (or anybody) riding the trunk of a Mumakil? I noticed that in the trailer, but couldn't think if it was in the book.:confused:

Two interesting new things for anybody interested:

1. From Ain't It Cool News - It seems there’s a strong possibility that many of the LORD OF THE RINGS cast will return for additional filming next year. Why? Won’t RETURN OF THE KING have already been released? Seems the extra footage may be used in the DVD Extended Edition for ROTK. Could this be more footage for the ending that fans are beginning to sweat about? The scouring of the Shire? Or could it be for a larger LOTR box set, the Tom Bombadil sequence that Jackson said (pre-FOTR release) he’d love to go back and film?

This sounds pretty sweet to me, I'd love to see the Bombadil scene edited in, I just don't know how many copies of the movie I can afford...

2. http://www.lordoftherings.net/legend/interviews/viggomortenson/

New interview with Viggo Mortenson (Aragorn) in which he discusses the Paths of the Dead!!! There's also a pretty sweet video that shows him entering the Path.

have to agree some of the changes from the book like in TTT wasn't the best but there are always reasons for that...1. the books hav been around for a loong time I dunno but people don't want the exact same thing regurgitated back to them all the time IE. Bands playing the same set live and on record, 2. being the books took what some 12years to complete...how do you put that all into film without making 12 different films? 3. Books don't exactly come in movie friendly script format when you're reading you can imagine what characters look like, what the places look like even though you're given some idea what they look like good writers give you enough to get you thinking about it and being curious. also different chapters can jump around to any location without needing a clean transfer from on location or character to another. IE you could have the meeting of the fellowship begining then switch to what is happening in another part of the world in a book in a movie that isn't so much fun to watch