• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Letterman over the line on Palin daughter?

jasonk282

Banned
We need people more like Don Rickles

Letterman says he now regrets telling that joke and admits he went over the line. however, Palin's husband went way over the line when he criticized Letterman for telling a joke about "raping a 14 year old" and an older man having sex with a minor. Of course Letterman did nothing like that, he was obviously talking about the 18 year old daughter who already has a child, not the 14 year old. so Palin's husband is more guility of going "over the line" than Letterman ever was.

bottom line - big deal over nothing. time to move on. Joke is a joke is a joke. some jokes are funnier than others. Letterman's joke wasn't that funny but the Palin's open themselves to the butt of jokes all the time with their idiotic statements and should accept it. their best comment would have been "no comment. we don't watch Letterman because he's not funny." :2 cents:

Facetious

Moderated
David is just bitter because he knows that he'll have to take a back seat to Conan's ratings so why no take it out on a republican governor :flame:

I really don't think that the washed up, bitter 'ol gap tooth meant to take a personal shot at the daughter(s), in fact I know he didn't. David's atrocious joke was really intended to damage the psyche of the mother . . . err Grandmother, that is. :D
The "joke" was not only in the poorest of taste, it was damaging to the public relations of the democratic party apparatus. IMO.

Letterman could improve his ratings immensely, if only he could become an equal opportunity insulter like Leno had been so steadily all of those years. Of course it's prolly all to late and long in the tooth for David.

David is just bitter because he knows that he'll have to take a back seat to Conan's ratings so why no take it out on a republican governor :flame:

I really don't think that the washed up, bitter 'ol gap tooth meant to take a personal shot at the daughter(s), in fact I know he didn't. David's atrocious joke was really intended to damage the psyche of the mother . . . err Grandmother, that is. :D
The "joke" was not only in the poorest of taste, it was damaging to the public relations of the democratic party apparatus. IMO.

Letterman could improve his ratings immensely, if only he could become an equal opportunity insulter like Leno had been so steadily all of those years. Of course it's prolly all to late and long in the tooth for David.

Is this Philbert?? Facetious this kind of incoherent rant is even beneath Philbert come to think of it.

He's mad over Conan so he picks on Palin??:confused:

Democratic party apparatus??? Letterman? So he doesn't give GOPers equal time??

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
#1 it was a cheap pussy shot.
#2 it wasn't funny.
#3 it was in bad taste. Whichever daughter he was refering to.
I didnt take it as an implication of being raped, but of her being a slut.
that is was he meant, that was what was supposed to be funny.
But he doesnt even know these girls, so he is he to imply they are sluts on national television?

Does the Tonight Show not have writer's? Does David Letterman write all of his own material? If people are going to get up-in-arms over this non-issue, blame everyone not just the delivery man.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
Where the fuck are the feminists at?
Shouldnt they be raising hell?
calling for his head?
oh no,the joke was aimed at a republican so they aint saying nothing.

Where the fuck are the feminists at?
Shouldnt they be raising hell?
calling for his head?
oh no,the joke was aimed at a republican so they aint saying nothing.

Why would feminist be involved in this debate anymore than the time when Rush suggested Chelsea was the WH dog or when McCain said Chelsea was the daughter of Janet Reno and Hillary Clinton??

David Letterman is a goofy comedian who in this case I believe went over the line. But McCain and Rush are leading voices (for some reason) in the GOPer party.

dont know what he said, dont care. people need to stfu and get a sense of humour.

Hmm, you don't know what he said but you assume it's benign enough for us to "get a sense of humour (sic)".:confused:

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
yeah, thats fucking right. if people dont like his humour, they should stop watching. related to my feelings about it, guess what: i dont watch his show. or any other talk/late shows either. i dont find pop culture funny. i think the jokes are cliche and boring. it doesnt matter what he said, he can say what he wants. im assuming it was supposed to be funny, and some people dont think it was. well guess what, tough shit. good for him for sticking to his script, im sure it was something he wasnt sure about saying but he did it anyway, and THAT is a beautiful thing.

yeah, thats fucking right. if people dont like his humour, they should stop watching. related to my feelings about it, guess what: i dont watch his show. or any other talk/late shows either. i dont find pop culture funny. i think the jokes are cliche and boring. it doesnt matter what he said, he can say what he wants. im assuming it was supposed to be funny, and some people dont think it was. well guess what, tough shit. good for him for sticking to his script, im sure it was something he wasnt sure about saying but he did it anyway, and THAT is a beautiful thing.

I just want to see where you stand on these things...while it a comedian's right to say this...you would be okay with someone making a joke about Nicole Simpson's murder (for example)?

If you are...that being your point of view is your right.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
i couldnt give a shit if someone made a joke about anyones murder to be honest. i would be surprised to hear the joke you mentioned though thats for sure. its too early im sure. give it a few years, im sure someone will do it.

if they have the balls to say something "edgy" thats fine with me. hey, its their fucking audience! personally, thats probably the only way theyd get any amount of respect from me. agreeing with the joke or not. people make all sorts of religious jokes, anti-christian jokes, anti-jew jokes, anti-marriage, race jokes, etc. its up to us to either find humor in it or not. you can get offended, or not. its up to the listener. ive been raised though and even part of punk movement, and its surely been reflected in my thinking. ;)

joke about anything, joke about everything. tasteless jokes can be funny, offensive jokes can be funny, anything can be funny if the comedian knows their craft. for me letterman simply isn't funny but others enjoy his brand of humor, so be it.

Facetious

Moderated
Is this Philbert?? Facetious this kind of incoherent rant is even beneath Philbert come to think of it.

He's mad over Conan so he picks on Palin??:confused:
Wow, you certainly have learned the art of straw man set up and specious argument dialect but you apparently lack the skill to maybe read between some lines. "Rant" ? I typed the post rather calmly actually. Are you out of bipolar meds or some such ? RELAAAAX Now, where exactly did I say that he was "mad" ?

Look, with a superior rated Jay now out of the picture, Letterman has some work to do now that his ego will be challenged (in the ratings dept anyway) by a relatively younger fresher Conan.
Face it, there's a great deal of pressure today on the cranky, aging, 62 y/o Dave and his 11 - 12 writers as of late, so why not take a shot at this irrelevant, sooo yesterday, "republican cunt" who made a recent inconspicuous appearance at the Yankees game with her "slut daughter" ?

The whole thing is a ridiculous reach for Dave & Authors, I mean, did palin make some grand appearance at this ball game ? You know, the chaufered, body guarded up, black Caddy Escalade with bright painted lettering on the side reading, "Sarah Palin • I'M HERE" Roll out the red carpet :rolleyes:
So BFD, the woman is at a ball game in New York with her daughter :dunno: Why the fuck should we have to know about it ?

So he doesn't give GOPers equal time ?
Duh ! Leno insulted both political parties fairly equally and tepidly e.g. with much less invective than the losing competition.

Dude...it was news. She's a national public figure. Dave always makes jokes about public figures who are in the news.

And I find it funny that no one seems to have a problem with the Palins making comments in return about Dave being a pedophile. "We better keep our 14 year old daughter away from him" were the exact words.

I guess if you feel you were insulted then you're allowed to say anything...even if it's worse than the original comment...in retaliation.

Somehow I doubt anyone will demand an apology from the Palins.

:cool:

I personally don't think so. If she hadn't gotten pregnant it would have just been mean and weird, but it actually made since since she didn't practice abstinence.

I didn't find it funny, though.

Also, the real joke is Bristol Palin as an abstinence spokeswoman.

Wow, you certainly have learned the art of straw man set up and specious argument dialect but you apparently lack the skill to maybe read between some lines. "Rant" ? I typed the post rather calmly actually. Are you out of bipolar meds or some such ? RELAAAAX Now, where exactly did I say that he was "mad" ?

Look, with a superior rated Jay now out of the picture, Letterman has some work to do now that his ego will be challenged (in the ratings dept anyway) by a relatively younger fresher Conan.
Face it, there's a great deal of pressure today on the cranky, aging, 62 y/o Dave and his 11 - 12 writers as of late, so why not take a shot at this irrelevant, sooo yesterday, "republican cunt" who made a recent inconspicuous appearance at the Yankees game with her "slut daughter" ?

The whole thing is a ridiculous reach for Dave & Authors, I mean, did palin make some grand appearance at this ball game ? You know, the chaufered, body guarded up, black Caddy Escalade with bright painted lettering on the side reading, "Sarah Palin • I'M HERE" Roll out the red carpet :rolleyes:
So BFD, the woman is at a ball game in New York with her daughter :dunno: Why the fuck should we have to know about it ?

Duh ! Leno insulted both political parties fairly equally and tepidly e.g. with much less invective than the losing competition.

I'm still not getting the mad over Conan so pick on Palin part (among other things).