• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Jewel Staite (+20lbs. on the Firefly series)

For those that know me from the other forums, I rarely come to this one. I typically never go for celebrities, especilaly not actresses who virtually never appeal to me. And while this post isn't really any "Celebrity News," I'm just kinda interested in finding out if anyone feels the same way.

My brother finally convinced me to watch Firefly (thanx to NetFlix) despite the fact that I'm never up for much SciFi anymore (nothing ever seems to be original -- but Firefly surprised me in just 15 episodes!). Well, I quickly found myself falling in love with Jewel Staite as much as the show -- that smile was killer and her round cheeks combined with sweet, but not unfit curves, were just dreamy in a jump suit. I couldn't place why, I virtually never go for mainstream actresses. Yet she stood out to me again and again.

I finally finished off the series and saw the movie Serenity. All of the sudden, she wasn't as attractive to me anymore. It looked like she was thinner. I decided to watch the last DVD of the series with the documentaries and interviews and sure enough, there's Jewel Staite as beautiful as ever (definitely 2003 time-frame and not like her normal figure or movie profile) talking about how the director made her gain 20lbs. for the show. She mentioned that he wanted her to look more womanly and curvy -- of which I totally agree! Especially in that interview on DVD #4 -- damn she looked like a princess!

I guess that's why I virtually never go for celebrities. They are always thin and less curvy than just with merely another 20lbs. added. Had it not been for Firefly's director, I would have never been attracted to her. God she is just perfect with those extra 20lbs. -- cute as a button and beautiful as any woman. I mean I love brunettes and just those extra 20lbs. gave her perfect cheeks for draping her curly brunette hair. Does anyone else feel that way?

If you don't know who she is, here's her character page on Wikipedia at the size I love her for: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaylee_Frye

Pull up Google images to see most of her thinner forms (sorry, just don't go for her at those): http://images.google.com/images?q=jewel+staite

Last edited:
she was just lovely - morena (the companion) is far sexier tho :)

The Freeman said:
Her character had more "charisma" if that's what you mean. But I still think Jewel Staite was far more elegant and lovely -- especially in her interview immediately post-series where she was really "made up."

All the women on that series are quite Hot!!! I only wish that they had continued to make this Series.... I loved it!!!:thumbsup:

Definitely hotter during Firefly ...

She was definitely hotter during Firefly when Josh made her keep more of a "womanly figure" as she even sounded off on that in the interviews. For Serenity which came years later, she had returned to her pre-Josh size and shed those 20lbs., not nearly as beautiful (not unattractive, I'll fully admit) as those Firefly years.

This was a fantastic series, criminally cut short by tv execs. It was truly blessed with a great cast, both acting wise and eye candy wise.

You my friend are correct. Was a fantastic series that was cut short at least we got Serenity out of it. The cast is awesome. Great actors, blessed with talent and looks and great timing.
As for ranking the babes of Firefly Its Jewel, Morena , Summer and then Gina. Thats saying something as Gina is gorgeous.
Jewel does look better with a little extra weight.. not the harsh angles when she is thinner.

Re: Definitely hotter during Firefly ...

She was definitely hotter during Firefly when Josh made her keep more of a "womanly figure" as she even sounded off on that in the interviews. For Serenity which came years later, she had returned to her pre-Josh size and shed those 20lbs., not nearly as beautiful (not unattractive, I'll fully admit) as those Firefly years.

I agree with you assesment Prof. One thing I do need to mention though. Its Joss not Josh. Its minor I know but I know the guy and its annoying to see it misused. Otherwise spot on.

I don't think so, although Morena Baccarin is still pretty sexy in V. Jewel Staite is just perfect. Summer Glau, (River on Firefly, also Cameron on Terminator show) is the 2nd hottest of all the females.

What is Jewel Staite doing now anyway?

I loved Firefly, it ended way too soon. And although it was a good movie, I hate how they ended Serenity.

Science Fiction shows aren't as popular today because today's generation of viewers like shows to match their low IQ, such as all the reality garbage.