• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Jason Giambi admits to steroids......

Well, another star admitted to steroids use. According to ESPN, Jason Giambi admitted in grand jury testimony in Dec 2003 that he took steroids and growth hormones. ESPN quoted the San Francisco Chronicle's Thursday Dec 2 edition.
So, what do you think? My opinion is that steriods and such while not having a direct effect on game performance do effect the health of the player which in turn translates to how he plays the game.
I guess short term affects of steriods seems to be bulked up "healthier" bodies that can be stronger and recover from injuries faster. Recovering from injuries and stamina is a HUGE part of the game and besides being illegal in the first place is the big part of cheating. You need to have strength and injuries occur but every athlete needs to deal with those issuesk the right way. I am a Yankees fan. I think Giambi is a fool for this.
I dont agree with the "if you're not cheating, you're not trying" arguement, though I can see why some would take this stand.
HMMM so how do you think Barry Bonds is feeling today? (NOT that I'm rushing to judgement, though didnt Bonds have a knee injury a few years back before 2001 he needed to recover from?)

Steriods do help with game proformance or else they wouldn't be taken them. Look at how hard these guys swing now. Or I should say, how hard they don't swing. These guys don't need to go all out anymore cause their so huge. Look at a little guy and see the difference in his homerun swing compared to guys like Bonds and Giambi. Steriods should be band, but unfortunitly MLB wants their players to take them. After all, thanks to the drug, baseball is now regaining its popularity.

Bonds was already found to have taken steriods. It was in the news for only a day. (MLB cover up?) I don't think he admitted to personally taking them, but his trainer/dealer said he did. The owner of BALCO denies it. All that BALCO stuff was true. I couldn't find the story that says he took it. These were the closest I got.

http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/news_story.asp?ID=105205&hubName=
http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/news_story.asp?ID=103156&hubName=

PLAYBOY also did a really good story about a secret agent going into the gym that Bonds works out at and the stuff he found I think led up to the conviction of his trainer.

I think we all knew giambi was on steriods, he came in some 20lbs lighter in spring training and said he just stopped eating fast food. Bull look at these b4 and after pics

Last edited:
Dirty Sanchez said:
Bonds is guilty as sin, and all his numbers/records should be thrown out.

I disagree with you DS.
To my knowledge taking steroids never help him hitting a curveball, he's just a great hitter, for the quantity of quality pitches he saw in the last few seasons, its remarkable the kind of things he could do at the plate.

bigdan1110 said:
I disagree with you DS.
To my knowledge taking steroids never help him hitting a curveball, he's just a great hitter, for the quantity of quality pitches he saw in the last few seasons, its remarkable the kind of things he could do at the plate.

Why'd he take them then? I'm not saying the guy didn't have skill to begin with. Steriods just help him by putting more power behind his skill. He's always been a good ball player. But without steriods, I highly doubt that at 42 he would be able to hit 73 homers.

jawso said:
Bonds was already found to have taken steriods. It was in the news for only a day. (MLB cover up?) I don't think he admitted to personally taking them, but his trainer/dealer said he did. The owner of BALCO denies it. All that BALCO stuff was true. I couldn't find the story that says he took it. These were the closest I got.

Dirty Sanchez said:
Bonds is guilty as sin, and all his numbers/records should be thrown out.

How is Bonds "guilty as sin"? He wasn't "found to have taken steriods". It's been alleged by the word of one guy that he took them. There is not even enough evidence for a case to go to court and you guys are ready to hang his ass.

Jason Giambi on the other hand was confronted with evidence in court and had to admit that he took them.

I don't understand the comparison.

big lu said:
How is Bonds "guilty as sin"? He wasn't "found to have taken steriods". It's been alleged by the word of one guy that he took them. There is not even enough evidence for a case to go to court and you guys are ready to hang his ass.

Jason Giambi on the other hand was confronted with evidence in court and had to admit that he took them.

http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/news_story.asp?ID=103156&hubName=

This sure does point to Bonds using THG in my books. Evidence is no match for high priced lawyers. Just ask OJ.

jawso said:
Why'd he take them then? I'm not saying the guy didn't have skill to begin with. Steriods just help him by putting more power behind his skill. He's always been a good ball player. But without steriods, I highly doubt that at 42 he would be able to hit 73 homers.

He was 36 when he hit 73 homers... since then he never hit over 50 in a season...

bigdan1110 said:
I disagree with you DS.
To my knowledge taking steroids never help him hitting a curveball...

That's correct - however they do increase his speed and strength, allowing him to swing the bat faster and hit the ball farther. That means a shot that'd normally be caught at the warning track instead goes off the wall for a double; a shot that'd normally go off the wall for a double instead becomes a home run. Undoubtedly, an athlete on steroids can do more than the same athlete who is clean.

big lu said:

I must confess I don't follow baseball so I'm a bit out of my element here... but nevertheless I'm fascinated by the topic of anabolic steroids. I can see, and also respect, why biglu sides with Bonds. For a man who's never been caught doing anything wrong Bonds receives an astonishing amount of abuse.

I, too, don't like the idea of judging someone on circumstantial evidence alone, but in this case the facts are too obvious to dismiss. Bonds' ability to gain a significant amount of muscle mass at his age flies against all we know about human nature. His ability to post career best numbers in his late 30's is not only unusual, it's unheard of. Either he's found the Fountain of Youth and is gulping down gallons from it daily or he's taking drugs.

The odds are most certainly against Bonds being clean.... so much so that it becomes increasingly difficult to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:
So what about Bonds and his relationship with strength coach Greg Anderson, who has been accused of steroid dealing? Guilt by association or guilt period? :dunno:

Look, as far as this whole steroids issue goes, if the only proof someone has to think Bonds took them is that some were delivered to him, then you're gonna have to do better than that. I'm not saying that he didn't take them, but just throwing accusations at him and saying his accomplishments have been 'altered' without proof or proof that come from third-parties that got iced beforehand...yeah, I can see the reliability in that. All I'm saying is that people are just reaching for stuff, and until the full report of the investigation FINALLY comes out, everyone needs to calm down and wait.