• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Is Branson finally the man to take on Sky TV.

Richard Branson recently bought NTL and Telewest cable company. The name of the new company is Virgin Media. Sky TV is shown on the network and works just the same as Sky TV. You decide which channels you want and pay a subscription fee for them. Some channels which they call 'non-premium channels' are on there. Now these come in a basic package for a set free. This is what you get no matter what channels you want. The starting point for you too add too. These are supposed to be the cheapest channels.

But here's the story of what has just happened with Sky TV, Virgin Media and this also is going to happen on Freeview next month...

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/fairplay/index.html

Now my question is this...

Will Richard Branson really go the full hog and actually try to take on Sky TV who only have one thing on their mind now days. Just how much can they screw out of their customers. The problem been recently is they've had no competition so could do as they please.

Take their flagship channel Sky One. This has repeated programs on all day except maybe 4 hours of new programs. This is one of the channels that they've hiked the price up on. So why should someone have to pay more money for a channel that you've mostly already seen before. Except for the 4 hours. Is this value for money and worthy of a price rise ?

*sobs and wails* as one of Richard Branson's customers who now does NOT have access to Lost and 24 (which I must say were just getting bloody good!) I can tell you it's a real BITCH of a problem.

Now our problem is do we switch to Sky (which is what Sky wants seeing as their customers have been down 20 % over the last few years) or stick with Branson? Will Branson be bidding for these top shows in the next few years? Decisions, decisions.

I was upset about losing the programs I watched on Sky One at first KittyKat. But I found out where I can watch them elsewhere.

Brason does have quite a few connections in the TV and media world. Both here in the UK as well as around the world. He has the money and personality to take Sky on so we will just have to see what happens.

But to be honest I'm not missing any of the channels I've lost so far. Plus I don't think I will return to Sky either. As I switched from Sky to cable many years ago. They didn't keep upping the price like Sky does.

Sky wants a monopoly, then they can charge what they want. This should be referred to the Monopolies Commission. Personally it's no loss for me as I hardly watch any Sky channels - but wtf there are loads more channels out there - besides you could always switch the box off and go and do something interesting.

Branson is nearly always successful. I think he will eventually become legitimate compitition for Sky but not for a few years.

While i'm a Sky customer myself i hope Branson takes up the challenge and goes after Sky BIG TIME. Its about time their monopoly was challenged and i can think of no better and greater man than Richard Branson to take up the charge.

Go get 'um Dick!