• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Has WinMx become a pay site?

Just wanted to ask if anyone knew if P2P Network/software, whatever, known as WinMX had become a pay to use site?

Over the last few days, my version has not been able to connect to it's network and when I searched the web for winmx.com the website did not exist.

I saw something with Free WinMX download centre and they were charging 99 cents a month.

Anyone know what the news is here?

BrekkyDJ (Very confused)

Another one bites the dust... :eek: :crash: Back in my P2P mp3 stealing days, I used WinMX. It was alright, after the original Napster shut down.

Max

Banned
lol, yeah they will all go in the end I bet, on another news site it says WinMX got a letter saying basically "Shut down, or we will sue ya ass" so WinMX shut down and fleed the creators/head managers can not be found, some say they have fleed to Vanuatu lol

Wussies. They just set up a program. As far as I know they didn't centrally house anything on servers - if it is truly P2P then they shouldn't have anything to worry about. They don't control how people use the software.

Max

Banned
Nightfly said:
Wussies. They just set up a program. As far as I know they didn't centrally house anything on servers - if it is truly P2P then they shouldn't have anything to worry about. They don't control how people use the software.

I think it was ran on thier own servers :confused:

I was wondering why I couldn't use it........thats so gay. If morpheus gets shut down next I will find their lawyers :ak47:

Maybe the Chinese should host the next P2P network like WinMx, it seems to me that they're the only ones who can go around pirating stuff without being sued :rofl:

The only problem is that in China you cannot say "Freedom of Speech" without having your left testicle chopped off by a government censor guy named Kuan-Yin. :D :eek: :tongue:

Bugger to see WinMX go.

How they say WinMx was part of the illegal activities is like say if someone held up a bank, the gun shop that sold the gun could also be charged. Though the gun shop didn't know it would be used it a robbery, it was. That's the RIAA thinking.

Looks like I'll have to stick with TrustyFiles.

BrekkyDJ (now how the hell do I remove the winmx program?)

BrekkyDJ said:
Bugger to see WinMX go.

How they say WinMx was part of the illegal activities is like say if someone held up a bank, the gun shop that sold the gun could also be charged. Though the gun shop didn't know it would be used it a robbery, it was. That's the RIAA thinking.

Looks like I'll have to stick with TrustyFiles.

BrekkyDJ (now how the hell do I remove the winmx program?)

Or like blaming Sony because they made a VCR that somebody used to copy movies and then sold illegally.