• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Guy who needs help choosing length to trim pubes to - have never trimmed before...

Hey everybody - I need some advice, as the topic says, on trimming pubes. I hope that I can get responses from both guys and girls.

I have started talking with a woman recently who is absolutely awesome - has a lot of things I'm looking for in a "relationship" type of woman -- lots of professional and personal drive, respects herself, has lots of energy, is a good mix of someone who likes to lay around and someone who likes to take energy to get dressed up and go out, etc... so anyway, we've messed around in bed a few times, and she very politely asked what I thought of trimming my pubes down. She said that she had an ex who did it, and she strongly preferred it to an au natural look. The thought has crossed my mind before to trim my pubes down, but I've never actually done it. Today I went to Target and got a decent beard trimmer, and want to give this pube trimming thing a try... after all, anything simple like this that I can do to make her see me in a better light would be great. But I need some advice.

I don't want to shave my manhood bald, and the girl actually said she doesn't want this. What I want to know is how long to leave the hair. The beard trimmer I got today has lengths running from 1/16" to 1/2", and I don't know which to use. Because the girl's not around all the time, and doesn't want to *help* me shave, I don't know what she would find most sexy. What kind of length do you (guys) or your boyfriends/partners (girls) trim to, and what do you think looks best? If I feel like I look better in bed, I'll be better in bed, and she'll think I look my best too if I trim to the right length. Any thoughts or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Also - any advice on consequences of trimming? Does it make things itchy? Should I start putting shampoo down there for the first couple days to keep things soft? I really don't know what I need to know here...

Thanks in advance for y'all's help :)

- 7InchesOfRock
USA

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
Re: Guy who needs help choosing length to trim pubes to - have never trimmed before..

well, i dont measure first off. i do shave my nuts clean. it never itches or anything so i dont have that problem. im not sure if it bothers some, but seeing that im sensetive to itching it shouldnt be a problem.

as for the rest, i use small scissors. safety scissors is a good idea, just in case. i just grab and cut. not all the way down but close. you dont want the hair to be that short that its like a beard or something where they hurt, you want to let them give a little.

trimming does not irritate the skin at all, thats the benefit of trimming. since you are not making contact with the skin, the skin doesnt know you did anything.

doing it the way i do, things stay clean, theres no itching and theres no hair ending up in her mouth (which always sucks for the girl)

maybe someone out there measures, i dont though!

Re: Guy who needs help choosing length to trim pubes to - have never trimmed before..

Welcome to Freeones, 7Inchesofrock!

At the request of "she who will lick down there", I shave it all clean. Right after a shave, everything down there is nice and extra sensitive, too.

H

I shave my package. I use the Gillette Venus razor which is a ladies razor. The first couple times I shaved my balls with my Gillette Sensor Excel (new cartridge, of course) I noticed a few nicks. Nothing major. No serious bleeding or pain. Just annoying more than anything. And the blade dulled kinda quick. A girl I was with recommended the Venus and it really is the most incredible blade...seriously. It hardly ever dulls and it gets through thicker hair than the men's blade. Far far superior to the Sensor or the Sensor III.

The other thing I do, shaving routine wise and I've just started doing this and it's kind of relevent. I don't use shaving cream when I shave my face. I just loosen up the beard with hot water, after I shower, and use my Gillette Sensor Excel. I never get razor burn or cut myself. The blade lasts 3 TIMES LONGER than when I used shaving cream. I seriously could 2 weeks (14 days) without changing blades. When I used shaving cream..I'd get maybe 5 days..sometimes 6 before the blade would dull and it would suck.

Dudes if you've never tried shaving your beard without shaving cream...give it a shot. You'll be amazed and never use cream again.

Hmm... I hope someone else can provide some insight here... The girl specifically was turned off by the idea of shaving my junk bald. I just need a good length to trim it to :/

Titsrock - I may give that shaving without shaving cream thing a try, it sounds like a good idea if it can make my razor last longer.

And this is random and irrelevant, but for all of you who do use a manual razor to shave your face, especially a more expensive one like the Gillette Fusion (as I do), Mach 3, etc -- The replacement blades are sold for a hefty hefty markup at the stores. Razors are something that you *know* you will need. I have found that you can buy replacement razors on Ebay for incredibly cheap. You can find, for example, 40 blades for my razor for $65 including shipping. When blades cost $25 for eight at the store, this saves almost 50%. This saves me an incredible amount of money, and I highly reccomend it.

But back on topic - anyone else have insight into the length issue?

- 7InOfRock

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.

actually, you know what i do. i grab as far down as i can and thats where i make my cut. its short and consistent. grab, twist, cut. repeat.

dave_rhino

Closed Account

If you are using clippers, start with a grade 5, then work your way down the grades until you find a length you like.

I'm on a grade 3 i think.