• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Guitar Hero III vs. Rock Band

GHIII vs. Rock Band

• GHIII

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Rock Band

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
So which is better in your opinion. Personally I love GHIII and can't stand rock band. The timing is weird and the song list is dog shit! Even the metallica songs that my friends downloaded don't live up to what they could be!

Legzman

It depends if you play with a group of people. Gh by itself is fr better, but for a group of people RB is fun.

GHIII, only because the user interface makes much more sense. The hammer-on system in Rock Band is too hard to see for me. The drums are really the only reason to buy it IMO.

Legzman

It depends if you play with a group of people. Gh by itself is fr better, but for a group of people RB is fun.

I still prefer to take turns with the pro face-off, rockband was only fun for a couple hours. No replay IMHO.

GHIII, only because the user interface makes much more sense. The hammer-on system in Rock Band is too hard to see for me. The drums are really the only reason to buy it IMO.

More like the only reason to play it. I wouldn't buy it. The HOPO's in rockband are damn near impossible to see.

guitar hero all the way baby!!! and if u have both GHIII and II, it rarely gets very repetitive

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND

Legzman

guitar hero all the way baby!!! and if u have both GHIII and II, it rarely gets very repetitive

What if you have all 3? Rock the 80's doesn't even count in my book, I heard that sucked real bad!

I've got GHI and II on PS2 and III for the 360. I'm thinking about buying II for 360 as well. For the easy GS and to have a second controller.

What if you have all 3? Rock the 80's doesn't even count in my book, I heard that sucked real bad!

I've got GHI and II on PS2 and III for the 360. I'm thinking about buying II for 360 as well. For the easy GS and to have a second controller.
Rock the 80's wasn't too bad, there were a few songs worth playing, but nowhere near worth $50.

GHI was alright, but the Hammer-ons in it were really hard to do.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
I havent played Rock Band.. but I'm halfway into expert mode/fully thru hard mode on all three GH's.

Soo.. I'd like to say that GH is the best, but I wouldnt want to speak out of ignorance. I'm always looking for a new challenge.

P.S. DJ MAX PORTABLE MUST DIE! Fucking hell I hate that game. It's not easy on easy.. it's not possible on medium. I'd have to snort a dozen lines just to get thru a song without missing a dozen beats.

With that said.. no, I'm not plunking down any cash for such an unforgiving game. Let the koreans keep their damned game and try to one-up each other in the damned songs. I wouldnt download it with YOUR broadband connection.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
i like gh:80's because its the most fun to get drunk playing cause the songs are easy to get in to haha

I loved the 80s but I'm not paying the large price for the GH game with the FEWEST songs. Not only that.. they're from the EIGHTIES!!! It's not like they needed tons of prep time to ask the record companies for permission. Just.. program.. run the guinea pigs at Qual. Assurance for a week and ship it out half price. It isnt a huge deal. Or at least it shouldnt have been. Rocks the 80s is headed for the bargain bin and Harmonix/MTV doesnt even KNOW it yet.

Legzman

I'm still looking forward to more DLC for GHIII, though I'm sure we'll never get much. Except this little bit:
http://kotaku.com/346459/journey-to-boston-with-foreigner-+-new-ghiii-dlc
I forget where I found it, but it looks to be the best DLC by far if it ever comes out.

I'm also looking forward to GHIV, fuck rockband 2 unless they completely overhaul it and actually put some good fucking music with it!

I got Rockband and Guitar Hero 1-3 and when I was playing GH I loved it but once Rockband came in the picture I said fuck Guitar Hero. I'll still play it but it's not as fun as Rockband. I play drums for living and ofcourse love the rockband drums. Rockband is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better because it provides more realistic ways of portraying musicians the guitar and is by far the most boring and least realistic and I haven't played it much. Drums actually require talent and skill on the Expert difficulty. Singing is fun too but only if you can actually carry a tune. I'm surprised at how many people put Guitar Hero over Rockband. Maybe it's too hard cause it actually requires musical talent.