• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!
Hey everyone,

So for the past few years I've been exercising semi-regularly and I'm strong, but not like "Don't fuck with that guy" strong.

I used to work a construction job but now I only have 15 lb dumbbells at home and they feel like cardboard tubes, so I'm thinking if I want to get bigger I need to get new weights. Any suggestions for weight lifting for someone on a really tight budget? Weights and gym memberships are expensive but I really want to get stronger.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Where's Stacked when you need him?

Check in, brah!

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Tension and isometric machines are cheaper than free weights, and they do essentially the same things.

Tension and isometric machines are cheaper than free weights, and they do essentially the same things.

They do, but I personally prefer working with free weights simply because you are forced to stabilize the weights which gives you more out of the exercise. At least it feels that way anyway.

shimmy2

Approved Content Owner
Approved Content Owner
you can join a gym in most cities worldwide for around $1 a day. just commit to it and do it. you dont need a trainer (yet) but I would have one of them write you up a workout plan you can stick to and give them a few bucks for that. Spend 2-4hrs a day at the gym everyday you'll see results. supplements and roids will work too but that is way too expensive to keep buying all that stuff in my opinion. you will stay trim and toned by just working out regularly but you wont get he-man big until you upgrade your diet and start being a gnc protein shake junkie. a lot of girls at my gym are hooked on CellucorD4 supplement it is $70 a bottle. I tried just 1 pill once as this girl insisted on it (doh, bad idea) and I was bouncing off the walls for 4 days straight. She takes 3 of them a day and has one of the nicest fit asses I have ever seen. But those supplements have side effects like you will be mentally sharper, have more energy, want to fuck every girl that looks at you, have a (much) shorter temper, and will be unable to get restful sleep. you will have to force yourself to sleep and feel tired when you wake up. so i would say do it without the drugs and be normal, or do the drugs and get all pumped up its up to you man just realize the tradeoff

Thanks for all the replies guys, I'll try looking harder for affordable gyms.

What do you guys think of home gym type things? I don't buy into the whole massive "bowflex body" marketing spiel, but might it be useful to tone up well?

The Penis Mightier

Kameltoe Harris = Poop
If you need weights but don't have them you'll have to join a gym. As someone stated bargain hunt and look for the best deal. Usually the longer commitment you have on your contract, the lower the monthly fees. I pay $15 per month at my gym. My original deal in 2001 dropped my monthly fee after the 3 year mark.

For cheap?

Well McDonalds does have a dollar menu. :dunno:

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Good one Whims.

Assuming you are getting the right nutrition to grow your muscles you either need more weight or more reps to encourage growth.

I'm not sure what your goals are but you can get pretty good results with calisthenics and an adequate pair of dumb bells or weight for a curl bar.

You need the free weight mainly to isolate your biceps, triceps and make leg exercises more challenging.

If you want to look somewhat like The Situation, which is gonna be pretty hard, you need to get that protein in your diet.
fc-italy-animated-emoticons-wallpaper-16-101x61.jpg

vodkazvictim

Why save the world, when you can rule it?
Don't overdo it - you WILL have to rest after an injury (which may cause PERMANENT damage) and that resting period makes it faster to excercise smart than to overdo it.
Trust me, I speak from experience.
Fuck your back up bad enough and you'll even shit yourself (thankfully that wasn't part of my experience).

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
Hey everyone,

So for the past few years I've been exercising semi-regularly and I'm strong, but not like "Don't fuck with that guy" strong.

I used to work a construction job but now I only have 15 lb dumbbells at home and they feel like cardboard tubes, so I'm thinking if I want to get bigger I need to get new weights. Any suggestions for weight lifting for someone on a really tight budget? Weights and gym memberships are expensive but I really want to get stronger.

A good, complete weight set with enough weights and bars, dumbells ect will cost some dough.
but you should be able to find a gym for about 40 or 50 bucks a month no problem.
nothin fancy, just basic weights, dumbells and some cable machines.
plus you gotta make sure youre eating enough carbs and protein like pastas and chicken breast, but basically almost any calories are good calories unless your now fat.
calories = energy and strength.
and just give it your all, hard and heavy, mostly weights with some machines..... hit 1 or 2 body parts per day.

oh, and learn by watching the big guys, do what they do.
most gym instructers i've seen (and i've seen many) just tell everyone the same things. things they read in a book.
after a while you will know what works for you and what doesn't.

oh and F the supplements. most of its expensive snake oil anyway. with the same money you can buy real protein and nutrition in the form of meat and eggs.

jay cutler has some good, no BS videos that can help
http://www.youtube.com/user/JayCutlerTV