• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

>>> Get a Sneak Peek into the New FreeOnes

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
For longer than I care to admit, we've been working on a "new" FreeOnes. Frankly, the old code base is from when the dinosaurs walked the earth and we want to get FreeOnes onto a new, modern code base that runs faster, it tons more flexible and will allow us to actually start making cool new features again.

Please visit the FreeOnes Beta Site!

Since I want an honest opinion on the new site, I'm not going to say much about the build or why we did things a certain way unless you ask. I will say the following though:

- This is our public production version of the site. It updates everyday with the same information from the current site.
- Not everything from the old site has made it to the new. We have the 4 big core features of babes, photos, videos and links. Thinks like rankings and user accounts are still to come.
- Don't freak out about the colors. In a few weeks it'll be switched to the regular freeones colors (but you'll be able to switch it to the dark colors if you like that better!)
- This is NOT about the board so please don't ask questions or comments about what we're going to do with the board. We're tackling the main site first.

So go forth, check out the new site and let us know what you think so far!

https://www.freeones.vg

>>> Read more about the new build here

Last edited:
Not bad, so far.

One small thing that many will see as picky. But in the "Name" pull down menu there's plenty of space, it would look better with full words instead of abbreviations.

Descending/Ascending.

I may have more nit picking later. Stay tuned. :D

Petra

Not bad, so far.

One small thing that many will see as picky. But in the "Name" pull down menu there's plenty of space, it would look better with full words instead of abbreviations.

Descending/Ascending.

I may have more nit picking later. Stay tuned. :D

Name pull down menu??

with the descending/ascending in the sort by filters we're currently working with the designer to do something better since I hate it. ;-)

Took forever to load on my phone, can only imagine how slow on my laptop. I'll check later

Petra

Took forever to load on my phone, can only imagine how slow on my laptop. I'll check later

Thanks for looking!

Can you tell me what phone you're using, the browser (and if its up to date) as well as you're location?

Name pull down menu??

with the descending/ascending in the sort by filters we're currently working with the designer to do something better since I hate it. ;-)

That's handy then.

[B][URL="https://www.freeones.com/petra said:
Petra[/URL][/B], post: 10324502, member: 114093"]Thanks for looking!

Can you tell me what phone you're using, the browser (and if its up to date) as well as you're location?
Samsung Galaxy S9, chrome( up to date), Michigan

Petra

Samsung Galaxy S9, chrome( up to date), Michigan

Cheers, I'll have the tech guys look into it because it's really fast over here.

Three things:

-I wish there was a way for a site to remember settings like display: 72 per page, grid view or list view, sort by: ...
-"Since the beginning" filter is way too much.. maybe add past year, past 3 years, past 5 years and then since the beginning
-Social media links should be visible right away... or better yet, just put the entire profile tab to the right side under career tab

Overall, first impressions are really good, I won't miss the old layout that much :clap:

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
ANything,absolutely anything... is better than the old layout.
Except fallout 76. Srsly, fuck that game.
I would choose early 2000s newgrounds macromedia flash stuff over the old layout. Or F76.

Petra

Three things:

-I wish there was a way for a site to remember settings like display: 72 per page, grid view or list view, sort by: ...
-"Since the beginning" filter is way too much.. maybe add past year, past 3 years, past 5 years and then since the beginning
-Social media links should be visible right away... or better yet, just put the entire profile tab to the right side under career tab

Overall, first impressions are really good, I won't miss the old layout that much :clap:

- this is actually something we plan on doing, but saving setting like that will probably be a next year feature. First we're adding a feature so that you can save your search (which will be the foundation to be able to save other things)
- will discuss this with the team
- will discuss this with the designer

ANything,absolutely anything... is better than the old layout.
Except fallout 76. Srsly, fuck that game.
I would choose early 2000s newgrounds macromedia flash stuff over the old layout. Or F76.

I'm not going to argue with you there. I'm so sick of the old layout and trying to run a site with zero flexibility to do anything modern. This new build has been such a joy to work on.

There are no icons for the links, identifying if the linked content is a mpeg4 / flash / (default picture)?

Petra

There are no icons for the links, identifying if the linked content is a mpeg4 / flash / (default picture)?

We have the logic for this in the CMS but haven't started thinking about icon designs yet for the front end.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
Looks so fresh and so clean, clean, and is WAY faster than the old site

(Germany, Notebook, Firefox)

And it's nice to see the "Hall of Shame" is still around LOL

FreeOnes

Administrator
Platinum Member
Thank you so far for the input. Please give us more input about the new site.
We already have a lot planned to implement there, but it's always good to hear other opinions.

georges

Staff member
Can't see the board section and the hall of shame is a good idea. I find it quite strange to be very honest but easy to navigate.

Last edited:

Petra

Can't see the board section and the hall of shame is a good idea. I find it quite strange to be very honest but easy to navigate.

What do you find strange?

We don't have the board linked there since we're focusing on site functionality vs. the board (since there is more to FreeOnes than just the board...).

georges

Staff member
What do you find strange?

We don't have the board linked there since we're focusing on site functionality vs. the board (since there is more to FreeOnes than just the board...).

Ok then thanks for explaining because I was lost during one moment. Functionality wise it is very good, I rechecked it again and it is indeed faster to navigate than the actual version

Petra

Ok then thanks for explaining because I was lost during one moment. Functionality wise it is very good, I rechecked it again and it is indeed faster to navigate than the actual version

Keep using it and let me know here your thoughts. ;-)