• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Game of Thrones

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
Started the show a couple weeks ago, finished it the other night. Hoping to read the books and see what's what. I got them, just need to make the time.

So much bitching about the last episode, kinda funny. Not every ending is a happy ending and I'm super happy that it wasn't that same, cliche, happy ending bullshit.

Politics at the start, politics at the end is how I felt.

UnderBro

Bronze Member
What in the Seven Hells are you blathering about?

1st- Targeting unarmed civilians is a war crime. Its also inhumane.
Did the people of Kings Landing ask the Targaryan bitch to be their Queen? No.
Did they ask that Lannister woman to be their Queen? No.
They had nothing to do with any of it. They were innocent. They were not a threat nor were they ever.
The battle was between Daenerys Targaryen and Cersei Lannister and their armies.

Add to that the battle was over and the Lannister Army surrendered therefore any killings after that were no longer an act of war but an act of murder.

Add to that although Daenarys won the Iron Throne she still spoke of continuing military attacks which would have led to so many more people killed.
In order to do that she would need a lot more soldiers than just what was left of the Dothraki and Unsullied.
How would she have gotten them? By threat of death of course. Fight for me or die.
Only one word for that- Tyrant.
Jon did the right thing by killing her.

Yes, exactly. :hatsoff:

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
Started the show a couple weeks ago, finished it the other night. Hoping to read the books and see what's what. I got them, just need to make the time.

So much bitching about the last episode, kinda funny. Not every ending is a happy ending and I'm super happy that it wasn't that same, cliche, happy ending bullshit.

Politics at the start, politics at the end is how I felt.

The bitching wasnt about the outcome but how it came to that outcome. It was very very very rushed and poorly written. It needed at least 2 or 3 more seasons but the 2 goofy writers wanted to get it over with asap so instead of passing it off to competent writers they took the money and ran.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
What in the Seven Hells are you blathering about?

blah-dy blah-dy -blah-dy

Jon did the right thing by killing her.

Torching King's Landing was about on par with torching one of those slum ghettos that georges likes to drone on about in P&R, din't those fuckers cheer...

Yeah, they cheered. Fuck 'em.

Drogon for MVP though. I want to believe he realized with Dany's body the true cost desiring the Iron Throne. "Fuck this fucking chair. We're out from this bullshit."

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
Torching King's Landing was about on par with torching one of those slum ghettos that georges likes to drone on about in P&R, din't those fuckers cheer...

Yeah, they cheered. Fuck 'em.

I can't watch Ned Stark getting executed again. That man was like a brother to me.
Too bad Ramsey didn't capture Petyr instead of Theon.

The reason the maybe .0001% of the people of Kings Landing cheered is because they believed the lies they were being told.
Like when Americans cheer when the US bombs places like Syria, Iraq, Libya, and Germany.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
I can't watch Ned Stark getting executed again. That man was like a brother to me.
Too bad Ramsey didn't capture Petyr instead of Theon.

The reason the maybe .0001% of the people of Kings Landing cheered is because they believed the lies they were being told.
Like when Americans cheer when the US bombs places like Syria, Iraq, Libya, and Germany.

King's Landing is a slum, they tolerated the vile and evil shit perpetrated right under their noses, people that do nothing in the face of evil are complicit in that evil, just like our fellow Americans that cheer bombing Syria, Libya, Iraq, & Germany, et alia.

UnderBro

Bronze Member
King's Landing was corrupted because of bad leadership. Its kings didn't take ownership of the city's faults and try to fix things for the good of its citizens.

King's Landing is a slum, they tolerated the vile and evil shit perpetrated right under their noses, people that do nothing in the face of evil are complicit in that evil, just like our fellow Americans that cheer bombing Syria, Libya, Iraq, & Germany, et alia.
The Americans from the 1940s that cheered bombing Nazi Germay were evil? Okaaaay.

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
The bitching wasnt about the outcome but how it came to that outcome. It was very very very rushed and poorly written. It needed at least 2 or 3 more seasons but the 2 goofy writers wanted to get it over with asap so instead of passing it off to competent writers they took the money and ran.

If only there was a series of books so we can get the full enjoyment out of it.

Honestly, it's fucking TV, what does anyone expect? Just how movies leave out shit out out of books and drive fans crazy for nearly every fandom. There was no Peeves in the Harry Potter movies, and Sirus doesn't get killed by a killing curse in the books. The list is almost endless.

Last edited:

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
Me and millions of other people weren't talking about things from the book that were left out. There was plenty of that and it was accepted.
We're talking about a show that was great for 7 seasons then the final season was rushed and poorly done save the special effects.
Sure it was a tv show but they did ruin the final season. At least thats how most fans of the show feel.
People even feel bad for the actors who did such an amazing job developing their characters for 7 seasons only to have their characters destroyed in the final 6 episodes.

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
Me and millions of other people weren't talking about things from the book that were left out. There was plenty of that and it was accepted.
We're talking about a show that was great for 7 seasons then the final season was rushed and poorly done save the special effects.
Sure it was a tv show but they did ruin the final season. At least thats how most fans of the show feel.
People even feel bad for the actors who did such an amazing job developing their characters for 7 seasons only to have their characters destroyed in the final 6 episodes.

Did they though?

Honestly, the show seemed like they did more than enough if you ask me. I didn't find it poorly written. We should be happy it wasn't a fucking disaster of a show. See the original Witcher for example. Will they fuck up the next version? It's going to be a Netflix production, are we truly expecting greatness? I'm not. But I have the books, and a pretty damn impressive game. Perhaps the best game I ever played.

Movies and TV shows that are book based are nothing but fan service and should never be expected to full represent the author's full intention. People want to blow a bleeding artery expecting the team that made this production to spend their entire lives doing it when we should be just be grateful for what they did. They don't owe us a thing after 8 years of these people's lives were wrapped up in this project. The fans should let go and respect what they did do. All good things come to an end. I feel that if the show lasted 10 seasons, people would say the same thing and that's what happens when a show is that good.

I think the final season documentary summed it up the best. I'd give that a watch if you haven't yet. It was time for the show to end, there was no way they could top the last season's production. It's time for everyone to move on and if they want more, read the fucking books as originally intended, that's what I'm doing. I'm grateful for what they did want refuse to act like I'm owed something more. I paid 14.99 to watch the entire thing, I got my well beyond my money's worth.

All in all, people are so entitled these days. Sad to see such a supposed great fandom piss on the show like this. It just seems wrong and anyone crying about it is just spoiled. It would actually be amusing if it wasn't so sad.

The internet sucks.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
Ok then we disagree. Some people thought it ended fine and some people thought it did not.
I guess millions of people are wrong.
I guess millions of people are entitled and expect too much.
I guess we are all just spoiled and crying for not feeling it was done properly and could have been so much better.
We suck because we think they just took the money and ran in the final season and yes, screwed over hundreds of millions of loyal fans who made them all filthy rich.

We should not be able to think or have opinions. Just be like you and say , "I thought it was great'!.
If not we are just a bunch of entitled spoiled crying people pissing on those poor hollywood people who care so much about their work.
Shame, Shame, Shame.

We disagree that's all. I see no reason to insult the people who feel differently about it than I do however.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
Xfir
Xfire is that guy who.doesnt.actually.get.that.he.sounds.like.the.villain.from.any.given.movie/game/song/history.

"I have ethics, I must cleanse the filth from the world!"

Which is, to say, that he identifies with Dany ~ with emotion being fact, murder being necessary and revenge above all else. As the other 49 states in the U.S. understand to be Texas' state motto.

Also, it is as usual, a barrier to any actual discourse with them. You try to rationally explain anything and you'll get 'WE FOUND THE LIBERTARIAN!'

This is the point in my post where I would also try to compare reality to the fiction, and King's landing to New York, and make a point for both sides, but I already insulted Texas. (SO. I know that rationality is now off the table.)

Steve-FreeOnes

FO Admin / "rude, unnecessary attitude" (he/they)
Staff member
What is that against the rules? I don't know....just wanted to connect with serious fan and try to locate more content if possible. Not sure how this site works on messaging members or rules as new.
Wandering around the board randomly asking people about a model who has nothing to do with the topics and, here, replying to a post that's 10 years old. Even if you've never been on a message board before, surely common sense comes into play somewhere here.

You should be able to direct message people now. Keep this crap off the board.