• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Favorite old school Nintendo or Sega Genesis game?

Which are your favorites....

i always loved the First 3 Mario games, Duck Hunt, the first 2 Zelda games and Echo the Dolphin most. i also liked Sonic the Hedgehog and Bionic Commando alot

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
i was playing nes a couple minutes ago.

i just ordered a "new" nes game too. i cant wait for it.

of all the games, id have to pick mario 2 for an all time fav.

haha, i almost popped in bionic commando too.

Wow, just thinking back at some of the games I had, it's so hard to pick just a favorite. As bad as some of the games where, I loved every single one of them.

I mean, you can't go wrong with the original Super Mario Bros. that came with the unit! Whoa! What do you mean the princess is in ANOTHER castle?!? And remember tugging your controller up in the air when you needed Mario to jump really high?

And remember the original Legend Of Zelda game? The case was gold! You got a shield, then a bigger shield! And three different swords to use? Finding ALL of the Tri-Force pieces? I need more bombs!

Then there was the Mega Man games with all the crazy bosses and you get different weapons and stuff!

So many great memories and so many great games that paved the way to what gaming is today. Heck, gamers today wouldn't know how to play half the games from the original NES. I can hear them say "What do you mean I only get three lives and then I have to start over at the beginning???"

I think my all time favorite has got to be Super Mario Bros. 3. That game was just so well put together with the imagining and the levels. Flying though the air with the Raccoon tail, swimming super fast after you got the frog suit, even finally getting revenge on the Hammer Brothers by picking up one of their suits. I enjoyed hopping on the airships and taking down Bowser's kids! Good times :)

I had to look up this one game I used to own. "Abadox: The Deadly Inner War." It was so hard and I don't ever think I ever beat it. You basically fought the entire game in the intestinal tract of a giant alien organism. The game was so freaking hard. I don't ever remember getting sheilds or anything, but basically you got one-shot and if you hadn't hit the levels set save point, you had to start the level all over again, and crap was flying at you from everywhere!

squallumz

19934568_anonib.jpg

There was a game for the Sega Genesis I had at one point, but I don't remember the name of it. The game was really cool to me back in the day. It was a fighting game much like Double Dragon and Final Fight but one of the characters were on rollerblades. My buddy brought it over to check it out, and I ended up playing it for 4 hours non-stop that night.

My fav games growing up for the NES were Contra and Super Mario 3. I also liked Tiger Heli, Excite Bike, and Wild Gunman.

Notable mentions for the Sega Genesis are the game I mentioned above, Sonic, and Mortal Kombat.

squallumz

i never owned a sega. rented one a couple of times. my best friend back in the day had one though. we played sonic 2 and streets of rage usually.

never really got into that system. im sure they had some good rpgs id like to try now.

Yeah, I never played any original Sega games. I had a friend that had one, but I never touched it. I think he only had a few games for it, while I had like, 50 games for the NES

squallumz

playing street fighter on sega was a nightmare. you had to press start to switch between punches and kicks.

freeones_regina

Administrator
Never had a Nintendo back in the day but I did have a Sega Megadrive as it was called here in Europe and my favorite games were Streets of rage 1, 2 and 3, loved all 3 of them!

freeones_regina

Administrator
At that time I felt sorry for those with a Nintendo cos they would not allow the Mortal Combat games to show blood and there were other games they censored as well. That sort of censorship of Nintendo was reason for me to go for Sega.

On topic, despite Streets of Rage being my favorite Sega game I also remember hating it a lot of times back then. Because you could not save the damn game!
So many times I died being close to the end boss and having to start all over again.

squallumz

the blood code for mk was a huge win for sega. i remember playing mk on snes and being so bummed out. the fatalities were all dumb too.