• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Falling Down is the best film ever!

Its a really good movie. But a long way off being the best ever. The biggest flaw for me is the revelations about D-Fens' character, that he had a history of violent outburst to the extent that he has a court order against contacting his wife & child. It takes away from the idea that this guy could be you or me or anyone on the street.

Probably studio editing.

We've all had those days, God knows I have.

So many hilarious quotes in that movie.

Panhandler: That's a hell of a way to treat a vet, man.

Bill Foster: You're an animal doctor?

Panhandler: No, a vet. A veteran. I was in 'Nam, man.

Bill Foster: What were you - a drummer boy? You must've been 10 years old.

Panhandler: I meant the Gulf. I meant to say the Gulf. Jesus. Come on. All I'm asking for is a little change. I haven't eaten in three days.
[has a sandwhich in hand]... Well, I mean, except for this

Bill Foster: Why am I calling you by your first names? I don't even know you. I still call my boss "Mister", and I've been working for him for seven years, but all of a sudden I walk in here and I'm calling you Rick and Sheila like we're in some kind of AA meeting... I don't want to be your buddy, Rick. I just want some breakfast.

Captain Yardley: I never liked you. You know why? You don't curse. I don't trust a man who doesn't curse. Not a "fuck" or a "shit" in all these years. Real men curse.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Not the best ... but it's a good film. There were several good scenes. The ones I remember clearly were the "too late for breakfast scene" at the fast food place [described already] and "we're bringing prices down to 1973" at the Korean grocery store. :)

Great film, wouldn't say it's the best ever.... but it is one of a select few that i make sure i watch at least once a year :).

Amazing song too...;)

:1orglaugh I can bring up a good handful of songs with that title, but this song actually is based on the movie.
Check out the lyrics.

The freeway is jammed and it's backed up for miles
The car is an oven and baking is wild
Nothing is ever the way it should be
What we deserve we just don't get you see

A briefcase, a lunch and a man on the edge
Each step gets closer to losing his head
Is someone in heaven, are they looking down
'Cause nothing is fair, just you look around

Falling down (6x)

He's sick of waiting, of lying like this
There's a hole in the sky for the angels to kiss
Branded a leper because you don't fit
In the land of the free you can live by your wits

Once he built missiles, a nation's defense
Now he can't even give birthday presents
Across the city he leaves in his wake
A glimpse of the future, a cannibal state

Falling down (6x)

The freeway is jammed and it's backed up for miles
The car is an oven and baking is wild
Nothing is ever the way it should be
What we deserve we just don't get you see

A briefcase, a lunch and a man on the edge
Each step gets closer to losing his head
Is someone in heaven, are they looking down
'Cause nothing is fair, just you look around

Falling down

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Falling Down was even more inspiring than the first Rocky movie and Taxi Driver.

Inspiring? :confused: It was imo Douglas' best performance, though. A helluva lot better than that shitty Wall Street dinker he won an Oscar for.

Elwood70

Torn & Frayed.
Inspiring? :confused: It was imo Douglas' best performance, though. A helluva lot better than that shitty Wall Street dinker he won an Oscar for.

I completely agree; and Falling Down is a film that should have had the cultural influence that Wall Street had.

Favorite part is when he gives the old bastard at the golf course a heart attack and watches him die:1orglaugh:1orglaugh

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
I saw it maybe 1 1/2 times it was pretty much meh.