• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Disney to buy Marvel Comics in $4 billion deal

turtle825

Yippee-ki-yay, motherfucker!
Damn. All I have to say is, damn. It looks like Disney may be the big fish of the entertainment industry once this deal is completed.

Acquiring over 5,000 comic book characters is pretty impressive.

Here's the news.

Wow! I forget now, but which rival comic publisher did Marvel Comics purchase??

Lucrative deal certainly: cue film rights. No problem now!

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Disney wasn't a big enough monopoly?

I don't like this at all.

Disney wasn't a big enough monopoly?

I don't like this at all.

I don't have a good feeling about this either. I mean, if Disney wanted to appeal more to the younger male demographic, they should do something original that would target that audience, not buy out a comic book company.

And how will this affect Marvel's film franchise? The X-Men are over at Fox, Spider-Man is with Sony, and most of the rest of the characters are in the middle of a nine picture deal with Paramonut Studios letting Marvel produce their own movies.

I just don't have a good feeling about this at all.

Ultraverse

I'd like to see Image Comics buy them all.
I don't like shelving characters over money disputes.

DC could buy them and sell the Wildstorm characters to Image.

Yeah, but it was Jim Lee who owned Wildstorm, and he sold that to DC so he could go to work for DC. Ever since that merger happened, most all of the Wildstorm books have been garbage. There have been a good book here and there, but nothing to make Wildstorm stand out anymore. I don't even know why they're producing books anymore.

And let's not forget that Time Warner bought out DC a few years back. Ever since then, the only good DC movie that has come out has been the relaunched Batman universe. Everything else either sucked or can't get past the planning stage.

I suspect it's all about copyright and intellectual property; and ease of access for film-making from here on in. Astute business move.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Yeah, but it was Jim Lee who owned Wildstorm, and he sold that to DC so he could go to work for DC. Ever since that merger happened, most all of the Wildstorm books have been garbage. There have been a good book here and there, but nothing to make Wildstorm stand out anymore. I don't even know why they're producing books anymore.

Jim Lee sold out. The Wildstorm characters belong at Image.

Just look at the Wildcats comics before and after.

And let's not forget that Time Warner bought out DC a few years back. Ever since then, the only good DC movie that has come out has been the relaunched Batman universe. Everything else either sucked or can't get past the planning stage.

I just hope Image doesn't sell out. I doubt Erik Larsen will, he likes his creations too much.

I just don't have a good feeling about this at all.

;)

Mickey Mouse is now going to be the Sorcerer's Supreme Apprentice.

And Disney has announced a new show: That's So Kraven.

:cool:

You know, now that I've thought about it, I remember seeing a drawing about two or three years ago somewhere online of the Punisher.

Instead of the skull on his outfit, it was an white outline of Mickey Mouse's head.

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
Dr. Doom is set to take over the White House, President Obama has time to make one phone call. Who does he call? Team W!!!!!

Wolverine and Wall-E will save the day.

Finally a W who can kick ass and clean up afterward

This is going to be as bad as when Time Warner bought DC and Bugs Bunny started showing up in Batman comics!

Dogs sleeping with cats! Mass hysteria! :D

Nothing will change, except Marvel will have a larger budget. I dont think people realize just how much Disney owns that doesn't have the Disney branding on it? So, no. I don't expect to hear about Miley Cirus to play the Wasp in 'Avengers' movie anytime soon. ;)

In short, DC has WB backing it, now Marvel will have Disney. Whoop Dee F'ing Doo!

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
I suppose it makes great business sense, yet for some reason, I'm profoundly depressed at the news....:(