• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Could South Korea beat North Korea

I hang out with mostly Mexican people so we don't know how much more developed military wise. So if they were to fight one on one who would win.

Technology-wise, South Korea's got the edge, and it's a big, sharp edge. South Korea has a lot of US weapons and weapon systems, while North Korea has a lot of really outdated equipment.

But, you'll note that I said N. Korea has a LOT of really outdated equipment. It's outdated, but it works, and they have numbers on their side. I think if they came storming south, they would be hard to stop- initially.

Of course, with the state their country is in, when you take away a lot of the propaganda, if it turned into a shooting fight, I have to wonder how many of their troops would actually stay loyal after a week or so of the aerial ass-thrashing they would get.

Dominance of the skies would take a matter of hours.

Of course, I'm leaving out the possibility that N. Korea's big, ugly, older brother with fists the size of hams gets in the fray. And if China joins in- it's a whole different ball game.

H

North Koreas army is significantly bigger then the Souths.

Every man over 18 is basically required to into battle should a war break out.

South korea invests very little money in armed forces. They have strong allies so they dont need to, But should a ware between just the north and south repeat like in the 1950's then it would probably be North Korea victorious. north has ammased a huge amount of nukes which the south dont have

Technology-wise, South Korea's got the edge, and it's a big, sharp edge. South Korea has a lot of US weapons and weapon systems, while North Korea has a lot of really outdated equipment.

H

What rubbish. Go do some research before posting such crap. the north invests majority of its GNP into armed forces and equipment.

South Koreas invests an asolute minimum into such things. haha yeh sure the south has a 'sharp edge' entertainment and civilian automobile technology, but that has absolutely nothing to so with military communication systems.

You you have any idea how many Nukes Pyongyang has amassed since its last war? The south has basically nothing as they have to confirm to UN regulations, which North korea has refused to do.

Just have a look what happened in the last war between them.

Without the help of it's allies, the south would already have been overrun by North-Korea, but since there are still thousands of US troops in South-Korea and since North-Korea knows that the chances they'll win a war against the US are slim at most, even if they use hit & run tactics (unless they get help from China, but the relations between China and NK haven't been so good lately), it instead plays a game of bluff poker with varying success...

If North-Korea growls, we give it a bone to keep it quiet & if it doesn't want the bone and keeps on growling, we tell it to go back to it's dog house.

That's a relatively correct summary of how the world treats North-Korea.

Skyraider22

The One and Only Big Daddy
Without the help of it's allies, the south would already have been overrun by North-Korea, but since there are still thousands of US troops in South-Korea and since North-Korea knows that the chances they'll win a war against the US are slim at most, even if they use hit & run tactics (unless they get help from China, but the relations between China and NK haven't been so good lately), it instead plays a game of bluff poker with varying success...

If North-Korea growls, we give it a bone to keep it quiet & if it doesn't want the bone and keeps on growling, we tell it to go back to it's dog house.

That's a relatively correct summary of how the world treats North-Korea.

You are right abouttaht pretty much sums it up:thumbsup:

North Korea vs. South Korea in one-on-one would be a mismatch. NK would be a formidable opponent against anyone, at least for awhile. they have chemical weapons and a tremendous army. but SK has the USA which tips the balance. China is not happy with NK and wouldn't join the fracus but would seize the opportunity to score PR points. it will take some time for NK to join the world of civilized nations but once it happens, Korea will become re-united.

p.s. i am the only person i know who has something from North Korea - a very nice water-resistant cap with their mascot on the front. :wave2:

What rubbish. Go do some research before posting such crap. the north invests majority of its GNP into armed forces and equipment.

South Koreas invests an asolute minimum into such things. haha yeh sure the south has a 'sharp edge' entertainment and civilian automobile technology, but that has absolutely nothing to so with military communication systems.

You you have any idea how many Nukes Pyongyang has amassed since its last war? The south has basically nothing as they have to confirm to UN regulations, which North korea has refused to do.

I'm not so sure that you aren't the one that needs to do some research. Been there, done that, and the ROK is a pretty capable force. They have a total edge in equipment. Not a small gap, a HUGE gap. The North has the largest standing army (about 1 million) in the world but trains them very little. They rarely fly or live fire. The South on the other hand is very well trained and can muster something like 4 million troops if the reserves are called up. Kind of a scary place since the North can also muster something like 4 million legit troops also.

North Korean nukes are a wildcard. I don't believe they can actually weaponize their nukes. There is a huge difference between setting one off in a hole in the ground and achieving the miniturization, precision and robustness required to say shoot one on a missile. They might be able to fit it into a semi truck trailer but smaller than that... nah.

IMHO of course.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
If it was simply one on one, the North would easily win. The South may have better equipment, but the North has millions more men, as well as nuclear and chemical weapons. If a war broke out between the two, the South could only hold out for a short while before the North simply overwhelmed it.

But, when other nations come into play, the South would win easily. China would not come to the aid of the North, and the South would have the U.S., and many others, on their side.

p.s. i am the only person i know who has something from North Korea - a very nice water-resistant cap with their mascot on the front. :wave2:

What's the mascot, Kim Il-sung?

Mayhem

Banned
First of all, if the two Koreas go to war, the U.S. goes to war. We already have the force in place, and a few thousand contingencies for sending more troops. They are a staunch ally and there are all kinds of treaty commitments forcing us to get involved. If North Korea nukes, we nuke them, game over. If the North uses chemical or bio weapons, we nuke them, game over. And don't forget the mother-of-all-minefields that they have to cross before they invade anything.

Personally I've always felt (and I truly believe that this is a sound strategy) that if we go to war against N. Korea, we should just shoot food at them. Load up some Tomahawk missles with blankets rolled over two cans of Chunky Soup and a note that says, "There's more where this came from!", and launch it over troop concentrations. There would be such a huge surrender-fest and we could roll the M-1s right up Kim Jong Ils ass. End of war, one brand new free country.

Discuss.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
The question if South Korea could win against North Korea is as irrelevant as discussing if North America could take on Russia in a knife fight.

That's not going to happen.

If North Korea wants trouble, they have at least the US of A in that fight, probably a couple of additional fighters.

That's why thy are trying to push the limits, but I guess they are soon in for a little slap

no way. though i still wonder why NK is not destroyed yet.

there whole reason why was Iraq destroyed seems much more lower than NK already did

IMO

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS

I wasn't aware that we had an active North Korean general on this forum. Do I salute you ooooor...???

no way. though i still wonder why NK is not destroyed yet.

there whole reason why was Iraq destroyed seems much more lower than NK already did

There's no oil in North Korea, while there's plenty in Iraq. Afghanistan also wasn't America's problem until 9/11. And who read any article about Talibans and life in Afghanistan under their government, knows it really wasn't a nice place to live, much like North Korea. So, if they didn't fight Talibans prior to 9/11, why should they engage in a war with North Korea now?

IMO, I think that if N.Korea felt strong enough to take South Korea, that would have already happened. North Korea's economy is ravaged by decades of poor (communist) management and heavy investments in military. Sure, they may have many soldiers, tanks, etc., but how would they supply all those troops in the case of war? Waging war is a very expensive thing, and I don't think NK has the economic strength.

Besides, have you read Orwell's '1984'? Basically, among other things, he says that a totalitarian regime must convince it's people that they are poor because they all have to work together for a very important cause (in 1984, it's a perpetual war that's going on; in the case of N. Korea - it's creating it's huge military), otherwise they would get out of control and rise against the regime.

Also why do you think China would interfere in case of a war? What do you think is more important to China, huge American market or some shitty communist country?

The thought of this actually happening is just depressing.

What's the mascot, Kim Il-sung?

it's a friendly brown bear.

a friend of mine went there and it was one of the few things she could purchase as a souvenier. armed guards surrounded her tour bus while they were ushered into the only store they were allowed to enter - actually, she said it was the only store she saw during her one day visit and there was hardly had anything for sale in there.

Facetious

Moderated
A war like that really wouldn't have any winners.

I don't think of North K. as being an independent state, or country as it were.
N. Korea is an appendant satellite - like nation of the PRC, IMO.

Whenever I feel like I'm having a bad day, I quickly think about the pressure applied to the people of N Korea by that little platform shoed megalomaniac.
You'd think that a leader of a nation would develop some kind of policy to see to it that ''his people'' had sufficient shelter, food and water.
End Cannabalism Today Mr. ILL !