• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Comparative Mythology: Jesus, Mithras and Osiris and other savior sun gods

The Hidden Story of Jesus ◦ Complete Documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcrygSAqfj4

http://jdstone.org/cr/files/mithraschristianity.html

a. The sun "dies" for three days on December 22, the winter solstice, when it stops in its movement south, to be born again or resurrected on December 25, it resumes its movement north.
b. In some areas, the calendar originally began in the constellation of Virgo, and the sun would therefore be "born of a Virgin."
c. The sun is the "Light of the World."
d. The sun "cometh on clouds, and every eye shall see him."
e. The sun rising in the morning is the "Savior of mankind."
f. The sun wears a corona ("crown of thorns") or a halo.
g. The sun "walks on water."
h. The sun's "followers" or "disciples" are the 12 months and the 12 signs of the Zodiac, through which the sun must pass.
i. The sun is "crucified," which represents it's passing through the equinoxes, the vernal equinox being Easter, at which time it is then resurrected.

All over the world are sites where this "god" or that allegedly was born, walked, suffered, died, etc., a common occurrence that is not monopolized by, and did not originate with, Christianity. At the time of Jesus, as for centuries before, the Mediterranean world roiled with a wide diversity of mythical creeds and rituals. Details varied according to location and culture, but the general outlines of these faiths were astonishingly similar. Simply put, the ancients' gods:

a. Were born on or very near our Christmas Day
b. Were born of a Virgin-Mother
c. Were born in a Cave or Underground Chamber.
d. Led a life of toil for Mankind.
e. Were called by the names of Light-bringer, Healer, Mediator, Savior, Deliverer.
f. Were however vanquished by the Powers of Darkness.
g. And descended into Hell or the Underworld.
h. Rose again from the dead, and became the pioneers of mankind to the Heavenly world.
i. Founded Communions of Saints, and Churches into which disciples were received by Baptism.
j. Were commemorated by Eucharistic meals.

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/buddha.html

More than two dozen story elements borrowed from the Buddha

1. Pre-existence. 2. Royal origin and genealogy. 3. Virginal Conception by mother/Virgin Birth. 4. Dream Vision. 5. White Elephant / White Dove parallel. 6. Annunciation to the Husband. 7. Annunciation of Birth by a Woman 8. Righteous foster father. 9. Marvellous Light/Star. 10. Angels and others at birth. 11. The Magi's´ visit 12. Giving of Gifts. 13. Presentation in the Temple. 14. Infant prodigy / precocious youth. 15. Nature Miracle. 16. The Naming Ceremony. 17. The Taming of Wild Animals. 18. The Miracles of the Bending Tree and Gushing Water. 19. The Fall of Idols. 20. Healing Miracles. 21. Sage recognition - Asita / Simeon parallel 22. Anna and Shabari/Old Women parallel. 23. The Appellation of King. 24. Mary / Mahâprajâpati parallel 25. Fast in wilderness / temptation by the devil. 26. Preparing the Way. 27. Reference to Signs 28. Offer of universal Salvation.

The World's 16 crucified saviors

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/biblianazar/esp_biblianazar_16.htm

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
mCMH0b9.jpg

You want to know when someone has no fucking clue about anything? When they resort to posting simple minded memes to shame and insult a person rather than refuting what a person has to say. I guess that's the true Christian way, right?

GodsEmbryo

Closed Account
Zeitgeist debunked.

You know, you really should start posting your opinions using words instead of hiding behind smiley's, links and vids... I have no intention of watching a 2 hour vid you just googled. If you watched the vid yourself it should be easy to give a quick summary of claims made in the vid. Care to share?

it's not unreasonable to argue that religions borrow from eachother or have roots in a common (or other) religion. Christianity nowadays alone has over 40,000 denominations. Some of them do not necessarily differ in doctrine or teachings but are different in organisation, while others share, reject or borrow certain parts of a common denominator.

Apart from saying that it's not unreasonable, I can't say much else, especially when it comes to these older religions. I've watched vids and read about these parallels before. Seems plausible. I watched vids and read counter arguments, including 20 minutes of the worm's vid on here. Sounds reasonable. But the thing is that I have to take these people's word for granted since I have no intention to read up on thousands of stories, mythologies, religions etc to see if something can be backed up.
For example the second link where christianity is said to borrow from mithraism. I remember reading mithraism also borrowed from christianity because the two religions were competitors to become the state religion for the Roman empire. It probably gives us a better understanding of how a society (including religion) evolved over time, but that's probably about it.