• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Can the United States win the World Cup?

If we do win I hope the trophy is put on display in some bumblefuck town on Rt 66. I think a spot halfway between the worlds largest donut and the 3 story house shaped like a shoe would be ideal. :thumbsup:

You know what a small percentage of Americans care about hockey and soccer compared to baseball, football and basketball?

What arrogance and close mindedness. The only sports that some Americans care about are the things that they are good at, and they pretend like others don't matter just because they suck at them.

Of course they are only better in those sports because no one else is really interested in playing them, and they are not good at the ones where they have real international competition.

I would imagine that those who feel it is somehow beneath this nation to engage in international sport see no merit to countries all over the world getting together to celebrate and practicing competition in a non-violent way.

Of course not all American sports fans are like that and it's amazing that the US soccer team has been able to grow so much in the past few years, thanks to their dedicated fans that stood up and continue to rally against public cynicism.

Never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never,never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
Nope...

(moving on)

It has nothing to do with hating the US. It just being realistic. Our best athletes play football and basketball. To much lesser extents they play baseball, hockey, and even golf. They don't play soccer.

Soccer was always one of the funnest sports to play. I was striker when I was younger and then in HS I was moved to middfielder. Spring and summer hockey leagues were hella fun, because I always played in the best leagues in the winter, so I always kicked ass in the summer and spring leagues. :)

roronoa3000

Banned
What arrogance and close mindedness. The only sports that some Americans care about are the things that they are good at, and they pretend like others don't matter just because they suck at them.

And the rest of the world doesn't?
Where are their football teams, so we can play them internationally? Oh thats right, they don't have any.

Of course they are only better in those sports because no one else is really interested in playing them, and they are not good at the ones where they have real international competition.

I would imagine that those who feel it is somehow beneath this nation to engage in international sport see no merit to countries all over the world getting together to celebrate and practicing competition in a non-violent way.

Of course not all American sports fans are like that and it's amazing that the US soccer team has been able to grow so much in the past few years, thanks to their dedicated fans that stood up and continue to rally against public cynicism

Nobody said the US shouldnt engage in international playing of soccer. Most just don't care. Only a small percentage find soccer interesting enough to watch and support because compared to the sports we are accustomed to in America it is quite boring to watch. The World Cup may be more exciting but your average televised soccer match in America is quite snooze worthy ending 1-0.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
Well if you watch a lot of those games you would never thought they would end like they do, I think atm every team can go on to next level

England was better at every position, save one!

That position is the reason that I don't think England is going to make it much (any?) farther than the US this time around. I was looking through the world cup champions for the last 40ish years, and all but one or two had above-average keepers. I think England's may be in or close to the bottom quartile, and I really don't see how they can handle a team with a polished offense.