• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Wow that game looks good but I hope it's doesn't play like the others

What do you mean? From the early stages of gameplay it plays exactly like the others (the last 2 were over-rated), shoot, take cover, shoot, run, shoot.

I hope they dropped the stupid grenade attacks from the last couple of games.

Looks like a good FPS.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
Blech. Call of Duty games are just-okay at their core. The level design is great. The atmosphere doesnt compare to Medal of Honor series. The scripted events are what annoy the hell outta me. Kills the replay value.

The multiplayer? Broken from the ground up. Still fun.. like playing CounterStrike. But alas, broken.

You're defending the Medal of Honor series? Brothers in Arms is a better series, although CoD 2 & 3 on the 360 could have been so much better.

The prob with MoH and CoD is that they're too similiar, while BiA had tactics and you had to think about flanking, covering fire and issuing squad commands.

Scripted events are way dull.

Well every series has it's ups and downs.
I've picked up CoD 2 for Xbox 360 a while back and I'm still enjoying it.
I think it's refreshing that they want to move the series from the WWII setting to modern times.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
The only original.. enjoyable.. and awesome WW2 games I've played in my lifetime? Original Medal of Honor on the PS1. It was absolutely priceless for it's time.

The second? Company of Heroes on PC. The only game that manages to get the feel of combat, military tactics and 'HOLY F!CK WE'RE UNDER FIRE!' feel to warfare that it deserves.

Call of Duty never impressed me. Medal of Honor gets worse with every incarnation. But the original, allied and pacific assault werent bad in the least. Still.. I'd rather play return to wolfenstein than Allied/Pacific. lol

Brothers in arms is nice, dont get me wrong.. but it's a watered down, squad-level version of Company of Heroes. When I play a WW2.. or even a wargame.. I know this fact: Infantry gets mowed down fast and I wouldnt want to play as an eleven bravo arcade style OR realistic style. (Arcade meaning you get shot with a bullet.. your health goes down 20 points. BS!) (Realistic meaning you take one shot.. you're down for the rest of the war.)

I wish they'd bring back Sniper Elite for the next-gen consoles. I miss judging wind, distance, posture, heartrate to pull off a realistic sniper shot.

Jesus, did anyone play Hour of Victory? That was so average it made me want to cry.

This looks a heck of a lot better than the previous games.

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
I've been tired of WWII shooters, when it comes down to it they are all basically the same!

Does anyone remember Full Spectrum Warrior? I would have loved to have seen a WWII version of that, although BiA comes close.

They're too arcade-like now and oh look there's another Medal of Honor game due out, has EA pumped new ideas into it.... unlikely.