• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Bush authorizes covert offense against Iran

S

sputnikgirl

http://www.counterpunch.org/andrew05022008.html

Six weeks ago, President Bush signed a secret finding authorizing a covert offensive against the Iranian regime that, according to those familiar with its contents, "unprecedented in its scope."

Bush’s secret directive covers actions across a huge geographic area – from Lebanon to Afghanistan – but is also far more sweeping in the type of actions permitted under its guidelines – up to and including the assassination of targeted officials. This widened scope clears the way, for example, for full support for the military arm of Mujahedin-e Khalq, the cultish Iranian opposition group, despite its enduring position on the State Department's list of terrorist groups.

:(

Awesome! More covert support for groups which we'll attempt to focefully remove from power in a decade or two! And, the best part, the government is hiding yet more shit from the people! That's fucking great!

I remember many of these ...

I remember many of these during previous administrations. But people only assume they came about during W. Funny.

Speaking from my background, honestly sounds like we've had enough with the supply lines of weapons into Iraq by rogue/deniable Iranian entities, and we're going after those. ;)

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
Covert huh? Must not be if its all over the net.

Well here we go, maybe WWIII can finally start!

jedi007gotham

Closed Account
Fact of the matter is that we need to. They are helping the insurgents in Iraq and keeping stabilization there impossible. More than anything else, however, a nuclear Iran is a nightmarish vision that if not stopped quickly is well on its way

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
Fact of the matter is that we need to. They are helping the insurgents in Iraq and keeping stabilization there impossible. More than anything else, however, a nuclear Iran is a nightmarish vision that if not stopped quickly is well on its way

OH I've known that for years! I still say we should have left Iraq alone and gone after Iran first! The whole world knows they have or are working on nuclear technology, and Iraq doesn't. So who does our genius master in chief decide to attack Iraq...:rolleyes:

Shocking that a country that borders another one has interests and might be supporting some against foreign invaders,truly shocking!:rolleyes: