• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Bush accepts slowing of economy.

WASHINGTON - President Bush said Friday that "it's clear our economy has slowed" and tried to reassure an anxious public that the long-term outlook is good.

"I know this is a difficult time for our economy," he said. "But we recognized the problem early and we provided the economy with a booster shot."

'It's clear' economy has slowed

No shit, Sherlock. What government think tank came up with that conclusion?

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
It's about time. :thumbsup:

He doesn't want to admit that he helped his big business buddies out and it hurt the middle class and most everyone else.

He needs to remember, it's the economy stupid! :wave2:

I think he should help the economy by selling all that oil he confiscated Iraq......while he was spreading freedom and democracy.:ak47:

WASHINGTON - President Bush said Friday that "it's clear our economy has slowed" and tried to reassure an anxious public that the long-term outlook is good.

"I know this is a difficult time for our economy," he said. "But we recognized the problem early and we provided the economy with a booster shot."

'It's clear' economy has slowed

No shit, Sherlock. What government think tank came up with that conclusion?

Translation: "I just spent the last 7 years raping your ass and guess what? I don't give a fuck, I'm outta here in 6 months, you fucking deal with."

^^^Pretty much. Anyone who has seen all the photos of Bush dancing publically at various public appearances pretty much indicates that he's phoning it in from here and doesn't give a fuck anymore. Frankly, the less involved he is in affairs the better. We never see The Prince of Darkness, Cheney, out in public anymore. Perhaps he's already retired to his big Wyoming ranch and counting all his Halliburton stock options....

bush has been watching the economy die for years ,i am sure he has had advisors telling him the news that he can't seem to grasp for himself but he just disregards it.

My only comment is that reading some of the comments here from even people who are very much usually sympathetic to the pubs is there any doubt why all the polls show the country is really turned off to the pubs?
And that people like McCain as well as pub congressman and senators are in real trouble in Nov.I know in my own congressional district which has a multi term pub who just barely squeaked by in 2006 is now going to be an open seat in 2008.He has announced he will not be running again so he can spend more time with his family(yeah right lol).He knows he would be probably wiped out this time round and is getting out while the getting is good.Pubs in some places like NJ are really going to be an endangered species.

Remember way back (like a whole 3 months ago :1orglaugh) when Bush said the economy was in good shape and was going to do great?

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Oh yeah. I almost forgot....Bush is still president (ugh! now THAT'S a depressing realization!)

The quintessential lame duck if ever there was one. What a dead-from-the-neck-up administration this has been!!!! Total disaster any way you slice it. And now the final chapter is likely to be a recession. Thanks Dubya....you'll still be just fine financially while over a million homes are in foreclosure. A fitting layer of icing on a totally fucked-up cake!

And to think....the democrats are so fucked up with infighting that we may well see a continuation of the policies of the present regime perpetuated with a (God forbid!) McCain administration this fall.

Beam me up Scotty....

Facetious

Moderated
and the sob continues to give our money away (on credit) to the likes of African despots, allegedly for aids relief !

Ahhh, conservatism :rolleyes:

Well, there's always another rate to cut or tax to cut...maybe there's somebody somewhere we can pick a fight with, get Halliburton and Blackwater engaged..and THIS TIME..get the job done right? :dunno:

On a separate, though connected note...some CEOs of Financial Services companies were on Capitol Hill defending their pay raises and bonuses amid the mortgage collapse, foreclosure epidemic and their companies' stock prices going up in smoke...here's the article from CNN

Mortgage mess CEOs defend pay
High-profile execs tell lawmakers their compensation was a function of how the company did ahead of the mortgage crisis.

By David Ellis, CNNMoney.com staff writer
Last Updated: March 7, 2008: 4:44 PM EST

A Congressional committee scrutinized the outsized pay packages of Stanley O'Neal, Charles Prince and Angelo Mozilo and the chairman of their compensation committees against the backdrop of the mortgage crisis.

Grand Failure is just as hard to achieve too you know!

The ridiculous lending practices artificially inflated economic growth for years. Risk was priced very poorly and relied on a fake sense of reality. We are going to pay for it hard now. I'm not sure how much Bush had to do with this, although it is clear he did nothing to stop it and clearly benefited, but whoever the next president is is going to be starting in a hole they may never recover from.