• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Bioshock! Anyone play this video game?

Bioshock is even more generic. I think it's a bit strange that so many professional reviewers praised it so much. As usual, only Edge Magazine give proper scores - they gave it an 8/10.

I think the game is far from generic, its a hybrid of open play and linearity with rpg elements thrown in too. It has moved the genre on a little imo as did COD4.

EDGE is very independant and honest with their reviews and as such its really the only mag worth reading with the possiblity of GAMES mag also but their made by the same company anyhow.
8/10 for EDGE is a great score but infact i still feel it deserved a 9.

EDGE is very independant and honest with their reviews and as such its really the only mag worth reading with the possiblity of GAMES mag also but their made by the same company anyhow.
8/10 for EDGE is a great score but infact i still feel it deserved a 9.
I think so too.
Edge is in my opinion the only major gaming journalism worth reading. They are very professional and knowing. Also, an Edge perfect 10 means something rather than just being a score for a good game.

Bioshock getting an 8 means exactly what I was trying to say. It's a very good game but hardly ground-breaking. Many games are at this level, worth playing but not something I would ever put on par with Half-life 2 or Halo (games that I would consider revolutionary).
I play a lot of games, and not just for recreation because I'm studying to become a game designer. So although Edge sometimes can be a bit too serious for casual gamers, I think it's the absolute best if you have a serious gaming interest :)

One of my favorites and game of the year in many reviews. One of a kind game with a interesting storyline!

@Blitz:

Giving me bad rep and naming me "troll" because of an honest answer,
is making you the biggest arse on the board!
I said what i liked:nice graphics
I said what I disliked: bad gameplay
I said what I did with it: garbage bin.
Each to his own, no need to be so dumb and offensive on it! Step away from your PC and taste real
life for a change, dumbass!
:ban:

oh Big words from a little kid, wow i am surprise, not !! yet more one liners did you go to school ? well, the point i was try to make in my first post was that you need to expand on what you had said, as one line's like you first post just proves you are a troll who is try to boost there post count by typing any old crap for the sake of typing crap, now if you don't like it fuck off because these are my views so don't tell me to repect what you say if you don't repect others views. Also Bioshock is a great game which more people liked and i think you are the first to say other wise.

:ban:

oh Big words from a little kid, wow i am surprise, not !! yet more one liners did you go to school ? well, the point i was try to make in my first post was that you need to expand on what you had said, as one line's like you first post just proves you are a troll who is try to boost there post count by typing any old crap for the sake of typing crap, now if you don't like it fuck off because these are my views so don't tell me to repect what you say if you don't repect others views. Also Bioshock is a great game which more people liked and i think you are the first to say other wise.

You asked an opinion, I gave mine.... You don't like it, you start cursing.... Who's the little kid. Furthermore, sending PMs with cursing doesn't make you a fullgrown hero, and isn't showing respect for other opinions. So don't start.
i have NOT attacked others on their comments, and will not, but you my friend asked for the reaction I (publicly) gave. END!

I read this week that they delayed Bioshock2 until 2010..........

Haha, sorry to bump an old thread, but I just finished this game for the first time & there are some absurd comments in here. I like a lot of different games, from Forza to GTA to Gears Of War + a TON of Arcade games. Comparisons are ultimately redundant, and to call this game "poorly executed" seems beyond opinion to straight idiocy to me. It was a great hybrid mix between FPS & RPG, I really hated the FPS genre for a long time because they felt too trivial & made me feel a bit nauseous & ADD (I hate feeling ADD - thanks BF3/MW3), and I honestly never really liked the trite leveling system/questing of the RPG genre, but after my brother pestered me to I got the game for $11 to give it a try. I don't regret a damn thing. It started with an extremely creepy atmosphere - things were generally VERY tense from the beginning, but the more progress through the game, the more the feeling of tenseness evolves into a sort of sense of God. The game gives you a great sense of accomplishment in the tasks you are given, even if a bit linear; the rewards can be phenomenal, and exploring & simply soaking in the immense detail is rewarding. I really enjoyed how the levels keep evolving, you really don't spend too much time in one area, and I really just enjoyed spending time searching through everything, inventing anything I could, hacking was incredibly fun, research via the camera was a GREAT incentive... One of the BEST features is how most of the game is told through the story & the information you are fed & find - there are so few cutscenes in the game it's almost bewildering! How anyone can say this game is poorly executed is just... Go back to CoD, child. You don't deserve a vast game like this.

I got BioShock 2 because it was brand new for $5 about 6 months before I found a good deal on this one (I knew I'd eventually get around to the games), so I am soon onto the sequel!

Haha, sorry to bump an old thread, but I just finished this game for the first time & there are some absurd comments in here. I like a lot of different games, from Forza to GTA to Gears Of War + a TON of Arcade games. Comparisons are ultimately redundant, and to call this game "poorly executed" seems beyond opinion to straight idiocy to me. It was a great hybrid mix between FPS & RPG, I really hated the FPS genre for a long time because they felt too trivial & made me feel a bit nauseous & ADD (I hate feeling ADD - thanks BF3/MW3), and I honestly never really liked the trite leveling system/questing of the RPG genre, but after my brother pestered me to I got the game for $11 to give it a try. I don't regret a damn thing. It started with an extremely creepy atmosphere - things were generally VERY tense from the beginning, but the more progress through the game, the more the feeling of tenseness evolves into a sort of sense of God. The game gives you a great sense of accomplishment in the tasks you are given, even if a bit linear; the rewards can be phenomenal, and exploring & simply soaking in the immense detail is rewarding. I really enjoyed how the levels keep evolving, you really don't spend too much time in one area, and I really just enjoyed spending time searching through everything, inventing anything I could, hacking was incredibly fun, research via the camera was a GREAT incentive... One of the BEST features is how most of the game is told through the story & the information you are fed & find - there are so few cutscenes in the game it's almost bewildering! How anyone can say this game is poorly executed is just... Go back to CoD, child. You don't deserve a vast game like this.

I got BioShock 2 because it was brand new for $5 about 6 months before I found a good deal on this one (I knew I'd eventually get around to the games), so I am soon onto the sequel!

3rd one this year!!

3rd one this year!!

What do you mean "3rd one this year"? 3rd trailer, perhaps? I'm afraid to watch because I've only logged a couple of hours into BioShock 2. That one is different, but as far as I'm concerned, just as cool. I don't like how the hacking system is now, it's too easy & not much fun - but the story is neat so far. Playing as a Big Daddy is great - I love having the Drill - and now having Big Sisters too, is interesting. The game has been made significantly more difficult from the original as far as combat goes, as well. Other Big Daddies aren't so easy to defeat. I am confused though, as all the areas of Rapture I've explored thus far in BS2 I never saw in the original BS. WHAT? Is Rapture really THAT big!?