• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

American wins Tour de France 2006

youwanttoshagme

Closed Account
Indurain will always be my hero because his legs did all the talking. There was no bullshit, argueing, snipeing, or ego. He had a bike. He rode it. He won. He was and is still a real gentelman.

Man you'd think people would stop the cheating crap and just freakin do it with what they got!

Tgunz262 said:
PARIS (AP) - Floyd Landis won the Tour de France on Sunday, keeping cycling's most prestigious title in American hands for the eighth straight year.

Yea. Go team go!
http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/5805080

I have this awfull feeling that outside the US, winning means sneaky, backhanded, doping and no matter how many times you get tested, because an American won again, he's a druggy. Fuck. Someone has to win.

American to be stripped of Tour De France 2006

That what this thread will need to be renamed if they strip Landis of the title, which is most likely what is going to happen. Because his B test (second drug test) has also proven to be positive. Already the cycle team (Phonak) he rode for has sacked him which is usually a sign that they have no belief that he's innocent. So it looks like all the stories was true about him that was doing the rounds before the Tour.

http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug=ap-landis-doping&prov=ap&type=lgns

********** said:
Exactly, I wouldn't be surprised if he did. I don't think he'd have any ethical problems with it. Lance never comes across as a particularly nice guy.

Sorry about that, probably deserved the slap down. Must have been in a rush on that particular day. Wont happen again, thanks for pointing out the error of my ways.

Its quoted the wrong post, oops.

youwanttoshagme said:
Indurain will always be my hero because his legs did all the talking. There was no bullshit, argueing, snipeing, or ego. He had a bike. He rode it. He won. He was and is still a real gentelman.

i agree with you..maybe he wasnt funny but he was a hard worker...and he wasn´t a mass media star...he lives where he ever lived and he keeps her private life out of the camera focus...

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
I remember Eddy Merckx as a kid, but apart from him, I haven't given much interest in cycle races like the Tour de France....

....loved the single from Kraftwerk, though....:)

om3ga said:
I remember Eddy Merckx as a kid, but apart from him, I haven't given much interest in cycle races like the Tour de France....

....loved the single from Kraftwerk, though....:)

Yeah even his son whose been riding the Tour is named after a 80's track "Axel F" as his sons called Axel Merckx. :D

btw...Armstrong only won Tour of France while Merckx and Indurain also won the italian Giro ( i think Merckx also won the Spanish Vuelta but i am not sure) ...Atmstrong only raced the tour fo france,nothing else...Tour is the most famous but... Vuelta is harder...both Merckx and Inurain raced the 3 grands... a thing that armstrong didn´t ...

About Landis...his team is so hipochrital...they did the same with Santi Perez and with many others...but..when many cases happens in a tema...is the fault of the riders or of the team???? i think the second...

BTW..why not changing the name of this topic?????

1-Americans didn´t won the tour..only one american did this time

2-Landis has been eliminated so the title should be:

A Spaniard won the tour of france 2006 (after 11 years)

EvaForU said:
btw...Armstrong only won Tour of France while Merckx and Indurain also won the italian Giro ( i think Merckx also won the Spanish Vuelta but i am not sure) ...Atmstrong only raced the tour fo france,nothing else...Tour is the most famous but... Vuelta is harder...both Merckx and Inurain raced the 3 grands... a thing that armstrong didn´t ...

As have many other riders so why just name them two. Oh and one of them was American too, so if your after a country war with other members don't go there.

EvaForU said:
About Landis...his team is so hipochrital...they did the same with Santi Perez and with many others...but..when many cases happens in a tema...is the fault of the riders or of the team???? i think the second...

Well it's both parties fault really, the rider who is knowingly cheating and the team for turning a blind eye or helping.

The reason I posted my post when this came to light was this. The same member was saying how if the Americans wins something in cycling people always say there cheating. First there was rumours before the tour started and in this case was proven right. So it made his post ironic. I wasn't getting at the fact he was American or anything like that, just don't go shooting your mouth off on these things till all the facts are in.

Last edited: