• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Airliner crash in San Francisco

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
If I can't get there on wheels...I ain't gettin there.

I have to fly or I wouldn't get paid on many occasions. That said, I never knew there were as many people that seem to dislike flying as much as I do.

No details on casualties yet. Thoughts and prayers

Philbert

Banned
I heard alla dem folks got out before the fire got a grip...I hope so.

I have flown into that very airport at least 5 times. Initial reports are that the pilot hit the runway a little short and the tail broke off after slamming into the water.

A guy who was the plane tweeted that everyone seems to be ok. Good news.

Apparently the plane came in short and the tail clipped the seawall and it cartwheeled.

Reason #407 why I refuse to fly.

Philbert

Banned
Reporting 2 dead 61 injured...so close to an interesting story instead of a tragedy for some families. Damn.
Still...almost 300 people on board so that is a miracle of sorts, no more of a crash occurred and most survived.

Philbert

Banned
Over 14 years or so I flew a hundred or so times into Honduras, El Salvador, and Guatemala.
Mountains, turbulence and the occasional erupting volcano made it so interesting I laugh at fear of flying!
"Course I'm sitting here on solid ground right now...:D

Philbert

Banned
Reporting 2 dead 61 injured...so close to an interesting story instead of a tragedy for some families. Damn.
Still...almost 300 people on board so that is a miracle of sorts, no more of a crash occurred and most survived.

Reporting now 2 dead. 10 critically injured

I wonder how they were hurt so bad...so many got off the plane unhurt, what killed and severely hurt 63 passengers?

Rattrap

Doesn't feed trolls and would appreciate it if you
Don't get me wrong - that this happened is awful and I sure as hell wouldn't want to be on that plane. But of airplane crash stories, this shouldn't be the one that scares you from flying:
The crash comes after a remarkable period of safety for airlines in the United States. It has been four and a half years since the last airline crash — a safety record unmatched for half a century. That accident involved Colgan Air Flight 3407 (operating as Continental Connection Flight 3407), which crashed on approach to Buffalo International Airport, killing 50 people, including one on the ground on Feb. 12, 2009. Globally, as well, last year was the safest since 1945, with 23 deadly accidents and 475 fatalities, according to the Aviation Safety Network, an accident researcher.
And hell. Most of the passengers survived. That's impressive for an airline crash.

But hey, I've got nothing against not flying. If flights in Europe weren't oddly a fraction of the price (and time) as the trains, I wouldn't fly much either (a rough estimate of the cost to get me from Germany to England, which I'll be doing this summer, by train would probably be in the neighborhood of 400€ round-trip...at least. By plane with certain airlines, I can do that for 50€.) Airports are a pain, security measures are a pain, you rarely get to see much of interest, you can't take much stuff with you...

Yeah. Flying sucks.

My dad'd plane landed at SFO literally less than an hour before this all happened. It scared the shit out of me when one of my news apps broke the news. I'm currently in Mexico, and a huge feeling of helplessness engulfed me while the news article opened. Scary shit.