• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2008 MLB Thread

Garza's going back out in the eighth!

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
I'm really not interested in this World Series at all. I'll still watch, but it's going to be soooo boring.

I'm really not interested in this World Series at all. I'll still watch, but it's going to be soooo boring.

Not sure how you can say the games themselves will be boring? Are they big market teams? No. But for all you know this series might go 7 games and every game going into extra innings or decided in the late innings.

How can you say it is going to be boring? Based on what?

Congrats to the Rays for not folding under pressure. Garza really pitched a great game.

ChefChiTown

Not sure how you can say the games themselves will be boring? Are they big market teams? No. But for all you know this series might go 7 games and every game going into extra innings or decided in the late innings.

How can you say it is going to be boring? Based on what?

I can say it's going to be boring because I don't care about either of the two teams playing in the World Series. Plus, the only interesting games the Rays have played in this year have been against the Red Sox; nobody else. Case in point...the ALCS. Every other series they've played in has been boring.

Also, most of the Rays fans that have magically come out of the woodwork in the past few weeks are some of the most fair weather fans I have ever seen in my life and I find that to be really, really annoying. I'm willing to bet that most of the so-called Rays fans didn't even know that Tampa Bay even had a baseball team up until about a month ago.

As for the Phillies...I don't care about the Phillies at all.

I don't care who wins and I don't care who loses. Actually, I do hope that the Rays lose, just so I don't have to listen to all of these fair weather fans talk shit, like they're die hard supporters (when we all know they're not). Then, when the Rays go back to sucking again next year, they'll have nothing to say.

I was telling Senob this earlier, but this is exactly why I hate Cinderella teams that make it to the Championships. Yes, it's a nice, feel good story...but 99% of the time, the Cinderella team completely sucks again the following year. Colorado Rockies, Florida Marlins, Cleveland Indians, and now...Tampa Bay Rays.

Screw the Rays. Go Phillies.

For once,I think that we completely agree on something.

I think that the main reason that I don't want the Rays to win is because of the fans.The fucking stadium is pretty much completely empty for the whole season,even toward the end when they were competing for the divisional title,and now all of a sudden,every one in the area is a fucking Rays fan when they get to the playoffs.Fuck the fans and the bandwagon that they rode in on!Seeing all of those pieces of shit out there rooting for "their team" like they were fans from the beginning makes me wanna fucking puke!

Now I do understand that there are some people who are true fans that actually go to the games,and unbelievably,there might even be some season ticket holders,but my main gripe is with the "Johnny-Come-Latelys" and not the ones that have stuck it out for the past 10 years of misery.

Also,don't let my fury for the fans be mistaken for hatred for the actual team(with the exception of Matt Garza.If I have to see that fuckin' guy spit one more goddamn time while he's pitching I think I'll stab my fucking eyes out).I think that what they have accomplished this year is pretty damn impressive considering their past futility coupled with the fact that they are playing in the toughest division in baseball.

So,all that to say,
GO PHILLIES!

I can say it's going to be boring because I don't care about either of the two teams playing in the World Series. Plus, the only interesting games the Rays have played in this year have been against the Red Sox; nobody else. Case in point...the ALCS. Every other series they've played in has been boring.

Also, most of the Rays fans that have magically come out of the woodwork in the past few weeks are some of the most fair weather fans I have ever seen in my life and I find that to be really, really annoying. I'm willing to bet that most of the so-called Rays fans didn't even know that Tampa Bay even had a baseball team up until about a month ago.

As for the Phillies...I don't care about the Phillies at all.

I don't care who wins and I don't care who loses. Actually, I do hope that the Rays lose, just so I don't have to listen to all of these fair weather fans talk shit, like they're die hard supporters (when we all know they're not). Then, when the Rays go back to sucking again next year, they'll have nothing to say.

I was telling Senob this earlier, but this is exactly why I hate Cinderella teams that make it to the Championships. Yes, it's a nice, feel good story...but 99% of the time, the Cinderella team completely sucks again the following year. Colorado Rockies, Florida Marlins, Cleveland Indians, and now...Tampa Bay Rays.

While this is a cinderella story, the Rays are set up great for the future. The oldest starting pitcher is only 26! Who knows where they are going to put Price, maybe keep him as a closer.

And by the way the last team that went from worst to first was the Atlanta Braves in 1991, and look what they did throughout the 90's.

ChefChiTown

While this is a cinderella story, the Rays are set up great for the future. The oldest starting pitcher is only 26! Who knows where they are going to put Price, maybe keep him as a closer.

And by the way the last team that went from worst to first was the Atlanta Braves in 1991, and look what they did throughout the 90's.

The teams I listed were set up for a great future too, but look what happened. I'm not saying that the Rays are a bad baseball team...obviously, they're not. What I am saying, is that the chances of the Rays staying a good team throughout next few years aren't good.

After the Marlins went to the World Series, they sucked the next year and have continued to suffer since then. After the Rockies went to the World Series (last year), they completely blew ass this year. After the Indians went all the way to the ALCS (last year) and went up 3-1 on Boston, they completely suck now.

I can't guarantee it, but the same will probably happen to the Rays.

PS - When your best player is a rookie, you're in some serious trouble.

Last edited:
Although my friend Chef may disagree, I think this will be a good World Series. As for my own rooting interest, I haven't decided who to root for. All the out of the woodwork Rays fans put me off to that team, plus they knocked off the Red Sox who are my third favorite team. Then again, the Phillies beat out the Mets (my favorite) and the Brewers (my second favorite). But I find it hard to hold it against a team just because they beat my favorites. I'm not much of a revenge-seeking fan.

In any event, this should be interesting seeing the good starting pitching of the Rays face the tough Phillies lineup. I look at the Rays starting pitchers, and I keep waiting for them to stop "overachieving", but it never happens. Will it happen, or are they just a lot better than I thought?

As for the Rays lineup, I'm really not impressed, but they find ways to win. Will the Phillies good pitching staff stifle the Rays offense?

I predict Phillies in 5 games, but I'm still not sure who to root for. Maybe I'll take a pass on rooting, and just enjoy the baseball. lol :D

What happens when all the players' contracts run out and they're looking for big money that the Rays can't pay them? Where are they going to get their talent from then? Can't get it from the draft quite so easily since they won't have the first overall pick EVERY SINGLE YEAR like they have since their inception. Plus, the fans ROYALLY SUCK BALLS, there's no way the Rays will be able to support an elite baseball team FINANCIALLY with fans like the ones they have. Prolonged success takes more than what the Rays have, period.

For once,I think that we completely agree on something.

I think that the main reason that I don't want the Rays to win is because of the fans.The fucking stadium is pretty much completely empty for the whole season,even toward the end when they were competing for the divisional title,and now all of a sudden,every one in the area is a fucking Rays fan when they get to the playoffs.Fuck the fans and the bandwagon that they rode in on!Seeing all of those pieces of shit out there rooting for "their team" like they were fans from the beginning makes me wanna fucking puke!

Now I do understand that there are some people who are true fans that actually go to the games,and unbelievably,there might even be some season ticket holders,but my main gripe is with the "Johnny-Come-Latelys" and not the ones that have stuck it out for the past 10 years of misery.

Also,don't let my fury for the fans be mistaken for hatred for the actual team(with the exception of Matt Garza.If I have to see that fuckin' guy spit one more goddamn time while he's pitching I think I'll stab my fucking eyes out).I think that what they have accomplished this year is pretty damn impressive considering their past futility coupled with the fact that they are playing in the toughest division in baseball.

So,all that to say,
GO PHILLIES!

Glad we could finally find some common ground. Love you zell :lovecoupl

if the phillies loose they will have lost a world series to every al east team thus setting another dubious record. i to wish the rays fans where better.

red001

The teams I listed were set up for a great future too, but look what happened. I'm not saying that the Rays are a bad baseball team...obviously, they're not. What I am saying, is that the chances of the Rays staying a good team throughout next few years aren't good.

After the Marlins went to the World Series, they sucked the next year and have continued to suffer since then. After the Rockies went to the World Series (last year), they completely blew ass this year. After the Indians went all the way to the ALCS (last year) and went up 3-1 on Boston, they completely suck now.

I can't guarantee it, but the same will probably happen to the Rays.

PS - When your best player is a rookie, you're in some serious trouble.

The Rockies were a true cinderella story. Their pitching was spotty last year, but a couple guys got on hot at the right time. Besides the Rockies arent even that young.

The last two times the Marlins won they traded away all their good players for draft picks and top prospects. Hence why they suck after winning.

The Indians would have been a good team if V-Mart and Hafner werent hurt all season. Nothing you can do about that.

The only true team that went from first to worst was the Detriot Tigers. They arent a young team though.

Why is it "serious trouble" when you best player is a rookie? He is only going to improve from here on out and continue to grow as an all round player.

ChefChiTown

Why is it "serious trouble" when you best player is a rookie? He is only going to improve from here on out and continue to grow as an all round player.

A lot of rookies do well because no one has figured them out yet. In Longoria's case, nobody knows how to pitch to him yet and because of that, his success has been exaggerated. I'm not saying that he is a bad baseball player, because he's not. He's pretty good. But, next year, after other teams have figured out how to stop him, he won't be the big time player that he is right now. Obviously, that is not a guarantee, as he could do well in the years to come, but, who knows? :dunno:

A lot of rookies do well because no one has figured them out yet. In Longoria's case, nobody knows how to pitch to him yet and because of that, his success has been exaggerated. I'm not saying that he is a bad baseball player, because he's not. He's pretty good. But, next year, after other teams have figured out how to stop him, he won't be the big time player that he is right now. Obviously, that is not a guarantee, as he could do well in the years to come, but, who knows? :dunno:

How can you say that?

No doubt its going to be more difficult for him next year. Every player has to make adjustments year in and year out. This guy was a stud coming out of college. All scouts have said he is going to be a star.

With that being said for every "over achieving" (in your eyes) star there are 30 prospects who dont pan out. They come to the big leagues and cant perform what so ever. So why when one does pan out...that every baseball analyst says is going to be a star, you dont think he will be?

I want to know what you see in Longoria, that would make you think he would not be able to follow up on it next year? And believe me the guy knows how to make adjustments. It dosent take teams all year to figure a player out. He has obviously made some good adjustments himself.

What happens when all the players' contracts run out and they're looking for big money that the Rays can't pay them? Where are they going to get their talent from then? Can't get it from the draft quite so easily since they won't have the first overall pick EVERY SINGLE YEAR like they have since their inception. Plus, the fans ROYALLY SUCK BALLS, there's no way the Rays will be able to support an elite baseball team FINANCIALLY with fans like the ones they have. Prolonged success takes more than what the Rays have, period.

Yes, but a majority of their players they allready have locked up for 5 or 6 years. So until then they will have success.

Then when they trade their stars away or let them to free agency they will get componsated for them.