• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

worst cover songs ever

I'm going to have to say Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds by William Shattner probably has to be the worse,or at least close to it.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
I'm going to have to say Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds by William Shattner probably has to be the worse, or at least close to it.

:rofl2: I think Shattner was on high on LSD when he sang that. What a terrible rendition. :rofl2:

:thumbsup: to you Zell.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
:facepalm:

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Here is one and I've got more...

"You Shook Me All Night Long" -- Celine Dion

She also applied her caterwauling to a cover of "I Drove All Night." Ugh.

"The Game" -- Drowning Pool

It's not really a cover, more a rearrangement. It follows a slightly different structure, the lyrics are tweaked quite a bit, notably the chorus. I actually quite liked "nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.... now it's time to die." It's like Drowning Pool's tribute to the Motorhead song, not a straight cover of it.

"We Will Rock You" -- Warrant (Sorry Jani, RIP)

Definitely not the worst version of that song. Ever hear of five tossers called, umm, Five? Or as they spelled it, 5ive?

The following acts should also suffer painfully for their crime of theft :

Matt Cardle - "When We Collide" (unnecessarily renamed thievery of Many Of Horror by Biffy Clyro)
Little Mix - "Cannonball"
Girls Aloud - "I'll Stand By You" and "I Think We're Alone Now"
Madhouse - "Like A Prayer"
Madonna - "American Pie" (fairly ironic, given the above entry)
Geri Halliwell - "It's Raining Me"
Mel B - "Word Up"
The bloke in the flat cap that covered "Mad World"
Jennifer Ellison - "Baby I Don't Care" - probably the worst offender since I was passionate about the original Transvision Vamp version.

Well, the worst offender other than anything done by Glee.

Samples are quite often worse than straight covers. The following songs have all been hacked up and turned into terrible shitty dance tracks or been soiled by Eminem, Kid Rock or some other shitehawk. It's even worse than a bad cover in my eyes.

Martika - Toy Soldiers
Aerosmith - Dream On
Dido - Thank You
Heart - Alone
U2 - With Or Without You
Depeche Mode - Just Can't Get Enough
INXS - Need You Tonight
The Cure - Close To Me
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama (fuck off, Kid Rock!)
Whitney Houston - How Will I Know
Hall & Oates - Out Of Touch
Boy Meets Girl - Waiting For A Star To Fall
Abba - Voulez-Vous (hacked up by fucking Madonna who shouldn't need help making decent pop!)
Steve Winwood - Valerie

There are countless more I'm too angry to recall. Yeah, I like my 80s pop.

Speaking of Valerie, that skag-ridden gutter trash Amy Winehouse sucked any joy I had for the original Zutons song and ripped it to shreds with her sharp talons of evil when she warbled her way through that Jools Holland-endorsed New Years' ruiner.

Not ALL covers are horrific mind. Some are decent if they are in a different style to the original. I thought Fenix Tx and Blink 182 did a decent job of speeding up, modernizing and rocking up Ordinary World and Another Girl Another Planet respectively. Johnny Cash's version of Hurt is very different to the Nine Inch Nails original, and I like it. I thought Lacuna Coil did justice to "Enjoy The Silence" - one of the most covered songs there is. I very much enjoy You Me At Six' take on Poker Face. Girls Aloud's version of Jump is decent. I was happy with Emma Bunton's version of Sunshine On A [NOBABE]Rainy Day[/NOBABE] as it was pleasant to listen to and introduced people to the song that wouldn't have heard the original.

My guilty pleasure without doubt is having been exposed to Wheatus' version of "A Little Respect" live and in person, smashed out of my mind in a field in Swansea 12 years ago, I find it impossible to hate.

To sum up - never love any song, ever. Because some cunt is waiting to ruin it.

And also add [nobabe]"rainy day"[/nobabe] to the list of everyday expressions that require the nobabe tag. Incredible.