• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

What is FOX Thinking!?!?

I heard that Malcolm In The Middle, That 70s Show, Bernie Mac AND Arrested Development are all being canned by Fox! Now as for Malcolm and T70S, I understand that the cast has gotten older and the shows have to meet their conlcusion (I hope they get Topher Grace & Ashton back for the finale), but Bernie and AD are great shows! Why would they cancel them while crap like "Insert New Reality Show Title here" still get airtime. I guess their banking on Idol, 24 & Prison Break season 2, but IMHO, I don't know what they're smokin'...

Arrested Development is a super-funny show. I have hear that it may be picked up by HBO, which would really be good for a show that has such a bizarre sense of humor.

4G63

Closed Account
And The Simpson's keep on going. But the networks have been going down hill since their inception.

member20672

Closed Account
qweretyuiopas@ said:
Yeah really, Id kill someone if something happened to the shield
The Shield, maybe assault and battery. Now Nip/Tuck and Rescue Me, vehicular manslaughter with a side of arson:flame:

qweretyuiopas@ said:
Yeah really, Id kill someone if something happened to the shield

This is the last season of the shield.

If Fox had a marketing department with a damn. They would promote AD but no they promote shiot like american idol and skating with celebrities.

jod0565

Member, you member...
I have not watched tv shows like the ones described in a loooong time. I usually leave it on a news channel.
But, hopefully for those that do watch the shows, they'll come up with something better.

Fox Cancelled Family Guy...they brought it back...they cancelled Futurmama and are thinking about bringing it back....Fox keeps strange shows cancels good ones...as long as they keep 24 I'm Happy

Arrested Development is probably one of the funniest and best written shows on network tv. The cast is awesome. The problem is that they could never get good ratings, shows written in this style forces the viewer to think a little and well we all know that that American public are zombies when it comes to tv. They would rather plop down in front of the tv, not have to think, and just sit there. I know the majority of my family is this way and it pisses me off. I put on the history channel or a show that requires you to use your mind a bit and one of my dumb ass siblings will bitch that they need to see American Idol or some horrible reality based show. As for Arrested Development, I've read that they are likely to get picked up by another network, Showtime and ABC have expressed interest, but nothing is set in stone because the have not been "officially" cancelled by Fox yet.

Kingfisher

Here Zombie, Zombie, Zombie...
Yeah, I also get the feeling that this is the last season for The Sheild. But you never know.
I think 24 needs to end. It's the same plot rehashed and fed out, more presidental stuff, followed up with a psycho with some bio-agent.
But hey we get to watch pure vomit like Celeb's on Ice.
Actually I'd rather watch 24 then Celeb's on Ice. Keep 24. :)

Like was said, the biggest problem with AD is that you need to think. The majority of the jokes are not overly obvious, so many don’t get it. People are lazy, so watching a comedy that requires thought is out of the question.

I won’t shed a tear for Malcolm or T70’S. And while Bernie had its moments, I think there was only a limited amount of plots it could go with. But AD, that is a true gem. It might very well be better served if it goes elsewhere.

The best line from AD, which I missed the first time (because I wasn’t paying attention), went something like this

George Sr. was at a Ford dealership looking for a car (they never did explain why he was doing that). George asked the salesman what happened to the Bronco. The guy responded by saying that after the whole O.J. thing, Ford didn’t want to have a vehicle that could be associated with a criminal on the run. Then he said, “Have you seen the new Escape?” Silly, but pure genius.

As for the cancellation of 24, I hope not. You are right, I was worried they’d keep playing the same story line over again. I have faith that this year will be a little different then the rest. Also, I think this will be their crowning year. Next year they will venture off into a totally different direction with Jack Bauer.

And while I can’t confirm it, considering what I’ve seen so far on The Shield, I wouldn’t be surprised if this was the last season for that as well. I hope I’m wrong though.

qweretyuiopas@ said:
Where did you hear that?

Before the end of last season, it was pretty big that this was it. The show is going to go out with a bang. They haven't formally announced it yet, but writers and crew have acknowleged it.

member20672

Closed Account
incog said:
Before the end of last season, it was pretty big that this was it. The show is going to go out with a bang. They haven't formally announced it yet, but writers and crew have acknowleged it.
You think they'll have Vic get caught, or possibly kill him off. Thats the only way to end a show.