• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Transformer 2 Best movie of the summer? Best movie of the year?

Greatest movie of all time? HA!. It's not even the 2nd best Transformers movie. I spent $4.30 to see this piece of garbage and it wasn't worth the money.

I thought it was better than the first, but thats not saying much. I'm just not a Transformers kind of guy.

I did like that blonde chick though.

Explosions yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhh!

Is there any robot on man pissing like the first one? Pointless side characters that add nothing to the movie?

This is going to be the best teen romance comedy/Army commercial that just happens to have robots of the summer.

You know it's sad when a children's cartoon from the 80s can have better scripts, plot, and acting than a movie that comes from it more than 20 years later.

Sod that, man, the 1986 movie is probably the best animated film of the past 25, 30 years. It's a solid piece of science-fiction in its own right, and mass slaughter the insignificance of man are some heavy themes for six-year-olds to swallow, and it still manages to work on the kids' level and the grown-up level. These live-action films are a step backwards, and they don't even look as impressive visually. Plus, as much as I like Hugo Weaving, I'd take Orson Welles over him any day.

Not a chance! The 1st one was bad! Can only imagine how bad the sequel is.

I am much more looking forward to:

Public Enemies
500 Days of Summer
District 9
Inglourious Bastards
The Hurt Locker

I must admit you can't expect it to be Gone with the f***in Wind. I'm conscious enough to take it for what it is, mindless summer action. BUT, on the other hand, even though I'm a huge fan of the 80's cartoon, the first movie was mediocre and this second one was horrible. Just 2 and a half hours (long ain't it?) of mind-numbing CGI nonsense. That's my 2 cents

I walked away from watching Transformer 2 as if it was the best movie ever made.

I think everyone can agree with me... but you need to see more movies buddy. I thought Star Trek was a much better movie personally. The movie felt more kiddy than the first. And what the hell was up with those 2 twin transformers? The movie was a little too long and the...

:SPOILER ALERT!!!:

The whole ancient Transformer in the Smithsonian felt like it was from a different movie. And the whole death scene and seeing all the primes in "heaven"... so weak.

It was a good action packed movie, but some scenes they could have done without.

I liked it, but I wouldn't consider it the best movie of the summer. It's more of an action flick veg out in front of without giving it too much thought.
Megan Fox is hot, but her fantastic ass acts far better than she does.
I'm sorry, what? She acted in that movie? I must've been distracted and missed it. :bootie:
The action sequences are shot well, but the climactic battle at the end with Optimus lasts about 2 minutes, compared to about 20 minutes of screen time given to the "Twins", who, personally, made me want to hurt myself. How did anyone think they were a good idea?!
Seriously! How about the important Autobots? The only one that they showed for 80% of the movie was Bumblebee. What about Jazz or Ratchet? Instead they decided that two ghettolicious Transformers would be a suitable replacement. :wtf:

Also, the Constructicons as a main enemy? I had the toy set when I was a kid, but I don't remember them making more than one or two appearances in the cartoon.
And where did the transforming "noise" go from the first film, in which they used it a few times?
Also, why did it take them 20 seconds to transform? In the cartoons it took them maybe one second to transform. Why is it that in the movie it took them long enough to play a round of golf before they could transform?

I have an idea that would make a lot of movies, television shows, books, video games and other things turn out better more of the time.

From not on when material for a certain genre or fictional universe is made whether it is something like Star Wars, Star Trek, people from comic books, people and worlds from popular fictional setting from books, Transformers or any of the other things from cartoons and the like. it should only real true hardcore fans of the material and people who are in tune to what the fans of those like that should be allowed to write for it. If you can get directors, actors, producers, programmers, and artist that are also like that all the better. I think if that was done it would dramatically cut down on stupid decisions made in the material that has those things, the end product would end up better, and fans would seldom get pissed off because of it. Plus one other important thing must be observed. The integrity of a piece of fiction or fictional world/genre should never be compromised in the name of maximizing profit or trying to make it dumbed down to appeal to a larger base who won't care about it after they are done watching it anyhow.

I know it will never happen as long as money is involved but I can always dream. I have seen more than my fair share of things I loved ruined over the years because of stupid creative decisions.

Actually, D-rock, Zack Snyder is pretty much what you're describing. His film adaptations of "300" and "Watchmen" were pretty much like watching the comics on screen. They were perfect, and made a lot of money back.

Also, Gunslingingbird, the Constructicons appeared quite regularly in the first two series of the cartoon, and in the 1986 film. Their debut ("Heavy Metal War") painted them as the ultimate weapon, and they continued in that vein all through the second series. They didn't really do much in the post-movie third series, though, and disappeared in the Japanese-exclusive series after that. But of all the combiner teams they're easily the most notable.

I have an idea that would make a lot of movies, television shows, books, video games and other things turn out better more of the time.

From not on when material for a certain genre or fictional universe is made whether it is something like Star Wars, Star Trek, people from comic books, people and worlds from popular fictional setting from books, Transformers or any of the other things from cartoons and the like. it should only real true hardcore fans of the material and people who are in tune to what the fans of those like that should be allowed to write for it. If you can get directors, actors, producers, programmers, and artist that are also like that all the better. I think if that was done it would dramatically cut down on stupid decisions made in the material that has those things, the end product would end up better, and fans would seldom get pissed off because of it. Plus one other important thing must be observed. The integrity of a piece of fiction or fictional world/genre should never be compromised in the name of maximizing profit or trying to make it dumbed down to appeal to a larger base who won't care about it after they are done watching it anyhow.

I know it will never happen as long as money is involved but I can always dream. I have seen more than my fair share of things I loved ruined over the years because of stupid creative decisions.
That will never happen, if you are making a film of a comic or whatever you should aim to appeal to a larger audience not just the minority of hardcore fans. Star Trek for example, JJ Abrams admits he wasn't a devotee of Star Trek & the movie was better for it. On the other hand Zak Synder's Watchmen was awesome, but probably didn't appeal much outside its core audience.
The simple way to make the Transformers movies better would be to have a decent director, Bay is SHIT.
Integrity is the first thing that goes, as a general rule if people want something that is the same as the source material they should stick to the source material, any adaptation is going to differ from the original book/comic etc.

Sod that, man, the 1986 movie is probably the best animated film of the past 25, 30 years. It's a solid piece of science-fiction in its own right, and mass slaughter the insignificance of man are some heavy themes for six-year-olds to swallow, and it still manages to work on the kids' level and the grown-up level. These live-action films are a step backwards, and they don't even look as impressive visually. Plus, as much as I like Hugo Weaving, I'd take Orson Welles over him any day.

Orson Welles played Unicron in the cartoon movie,not Megotron or even Galvatron,so I don't understand your comparison.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092106/fullcredits#cast

I don't know if I'll like it because I'm not really into such kind of movies, but I'm going to watch it anyway - guess why - because my girlfriend wants to go and see it :D

Seriously! How about the important Autobots? The only one that they showed for 80% of the movie was Bumblebee. What about Jazz or Ratchet? Instead they decided that two ghettolicious Transformers would be a suitable replacement. :wtf:

Also, the Constructicons as a main enemy? I had the toy set when I was a kid, but I don't remember them making more than one or two appearances in the cartoon.

I'll echo a previous comment that the Constructicons were in the cartoon quite a bit,but as I remember,they were kinda easy to defeat when they formed Devestator.All that you had to do was hit them in the mid section and they would fall apart.I remember they and the Dinobots coming around at the same time(which I'm predicting that they will be in the next movie[you heard it here first if that happens],which will be cool to see Grimlock on the big screen,unless they fuck him up).

And Jazz is dead,that's why you didn't see him.

I wish that they would spend more time on the robots than the people.Maybe a ration of 65:35 robots to people instead of what seems to be 70:30 people to robots.

I'd consider Hugo Weaving the biggest 'name actor' in the live-action films, and Orson Welles the biggest in the 1986 one.

Well needless to say,Orson Welles wasn't available for any of the voices due to the fact that he's dead.I'm not totally sure,but I don't think that he even had any more than 10-12 lines in the entire movie.

Besides,Hugo Weaving's voice is pretty good for Megatron,so I don't see what the problem is with him.