• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

The MSM Aren't Liberal: 26 of 30 Major Dailies Oppose Prop 19

http://reason.com/archives/2010/11/01/the-media-arent-liberal

Prop. 19 highlights the authoritarian tendencies of the mainstream press.

Radley Balko | November 1, 2010

For the last few months, my colleague Matt Welch has been tracking the positions of California's newspapers on Proposition 19, the ballot measure that would legalize marijuana for recreational use. At last count, 26 of the state’s 30 largest dailies (plus USA Today) had run editorials on the issue, and all 26 (plus USA Today) were opposed.

True. Liberals wouldn't have opposed prop 19. Progressives and conservatives would though.:dunno:

Liberal mainstream media would equal Liberal corporations and corporations aren't liberal.

Liberal mainstream media would equal Liberal corporations and corporations aren't liberal.

FOMM...think about it, if so called liberals (aka progressive, plastic evian bottled water toting, do as I say not as I do hypocrites) are trying to stop people from smoking cigarettes in the privacy of their own homes out here...why would they back the legalization of pot?

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
You know why this failed? Most Californians don't live in Los Angeles or San Francisco.

FOMM...think about it, if so called liberals (aka progressive, plastic evian bottled water toting, do as I say not as I do hypocrites) are trying to stop people from smoking cigarettes in the privacy of their own homes out here...why would they back the legalization of pot?

Well on the pot issue it was more complex as you alude to then just liberal/conservative.I saw a story which said a lot of the pot growers were against legalization,probably for the same reason bootleggers liked prohibition,dollars are involved.

And btw as a smoker I am 100% with the idea of fuck these punks who want to tell me I can't smoke in my own home or just about anywhere outdoors as well.:mad:

[B][URL="https://www.freeones.com/friday said:
Friday[/URL][/B] on my mind, post: 5046382, member: 44516"] corporations aren't liberal.

So NBC, GE, and Soros are conservative(s)?:rolleyes::facepalm:

Let me just say as a Centrist I too support and will continue to do so the legalization of marijuana. The amount of revenue it will bring in would be enormous.

So NBC, GE, and Soros are conservative(s)?:rolleyes::facepalm:

Didn't know Soros owned any media outlets.

And GE which still owns NBC I believe, sure ain't a bunch of left wingers.People think that if your not extreme right like Fox that makes you liberal but it doesn't.

Didn't know Soros owned any media outlets.

And GE which still owns NBC I believe, sure ain't a bunch of left wingers.People think that if your not extreme right like Fox that makes you liberal but it doesn't.

Soros gives millions in contribution to both print and TV media.
Jeff Immelt who runs GE is a lefty who supported Obamas campaign.
NBC, MSNBC are unabashedly left wing media outlets.

Soros gives millions in contribution to both print and TV media.
Jeff Immelt who runs GE is a lefty who supported Obamas campaign.
NBC, MSNBC are unabashedly left wing media outlets.

That's why MSNBC employs a former Republican Congressman (among other conservative hosts) on their network.:rolleyes:

Soros gives millions to causes he believes in including defeating communism during the Cold War...WYP? He's worse or more influential the Murdoch in GOPer media?

That's why MSNBC employs a former Republican Congressman (among other conservative hosts) on their network.:rolleyes:

Soros gives millions to causes he believes in including defeating communism during the Cold War...WYP? He's worse or more influential the Murdoch in GOPer media?

Soros gives money to liberal causes.

One Rep. congressman............Scarborough? Yeah that's really fair and unbiased having one single guy who's on for one freaking hour while the other leftist asshats yammer on for hours.

Give me a break Mega. MSNBC is so far left I don't think they even give a shit anymore considering Comcast is going to buy NBC and hopefully fire the whole Madcow, Olbermann, Matthews etc clowns.:1orglaugh

Facetious

Moderated
Re: The MSM Aren't Liberal: 26 of 30 Major Dailies Oppose Prop 19

Nonsense! The so called medical marijuana growing establishment along with all of their friends in the media and academia got out the word to vote against prop 19 . . . you see, the bill as written had too many checks, balances, accountability & taxes for them and their underground profit making scam.

:party:Congratulations for a job well done you profit making non tax paying goons. :hatsoff::cool:

Soros gives money to liberal causes.

One Rep. congressman............Scarborough? Yeah that's really fair and unbiased having one single guy who's on for one freaking hour while the other leftist asshats yammer on for hours.

Give me a break Mega. MSNBC is so far left I don't think they even give a shit anymore considering Comcast is going to buy NBC and hopefully fire the whole Madcow, Olbermann, Matthews etc clowns.:1orglaugh

How many former Demo congressman does Fox employ to host their own show (or ANY opposing view host with his own show)?

:popcorn:

How many former Demo congressman does Fox employ to host their own show (or ANY opposing view host with his own show)?

:popcorn:

Who gives a flying crap. It has Juan Williams a liberal black guy( I would consider a liberal black man = half a dozen white Dem congressmen).

You of course see Juan as a traitor since he spoke his mind and broke away from the libtards playbook i.e. NPR thus nullifying his "liberal" status.

Who gives a flying crap. It has Juan Williams a liberal black guy( I would consider a liberal black man = half a dozen white Dem congressmen).

You of course see Juan as a traitor since he spoke his mind and broke away from the libtards playbook i.e. NPR thus nullifying his "liberal" status.

Juan Williams hosts a show on Fox?? That's "NEWS" to me.:eek:

:ban2:Liar!

Well, maybe liar is too harsh...you just don't know what you're talking about, didn't understand the question, playing dumb or all 3 again.:dunno:

Juan was never a liberal,no real liberal ever gets a say on Fox.