• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Stan Lee Marvel Comics Passed Away

Alright then, maybe grown ass adults will stop watching/reading cartoons. I never understood that but then I don't live in fantasy world.

R.I.P. Guy I've never heard off. Rest easy. Maybe you can entertain simple minded freaks in the next life. ;)

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
Alright then, maybe grown ass adults will stop watching/reading cartoons. I never understood that but then I don't live in fantasy world.

R.I.P. Guy I've never heard off. Rest easy. Maybe you can entertain simple minded freaks in the next life. ;)

Oh my.
Why in the world would anyone want grown ass adults to stop watching cartoons?
Personally, besides from an occasional TV show I might follow, cartoons are all I watch.

Or should I be watching adult stuff like the Fake News, Fake Dancing with Fake Stars, Who Wants to Fake Marry a Fake Millionaire, Fake American Fake Idol, or some other Hollywood bullcrap?

And simple minded is not the case.
Stan Lee wrote for almost 2 decades the entire storylines of multiple comics at the same time.
Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, Avengers, X-Men, Daredevil, Strange Tales, Journey Into Mystery, Tales of Suspense, Tales to Astonish, and many other titles all at the same time. Not an easy task.
These stories could get pretty deep (unlike DC Comics campy stories).
Plus he created at least 1000 characters all with back storys.

The man contributed a lot to society and in a good way. He had a large effect on the world.
So don't be so critical of "the fantasy world" he created because it was a good thing.
(PS I am not a big fan of the Marvel movies, only the comics).

nuff said

RIP M. Lee, thanks for entertaining generations of people of all ages, colours, natonalities, religions, etc. Yo uwere one of those making the world a better place.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member

Also: Cosplay. Thank you for making the point. :)
A common conversation between 'grown ass adults', everywhere I go in America: "Did you see the new Venom? Yeah I wish spoderman was in it, but.. etc etc etc."
There are no more action movies. Only comic crap. AND COSPLAY OMFG.

Related: I also hate puppies and ice cream. But R.I.P. his, Kirby's and .. well a hundred other guys' creative vision. But for the kids.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
s sad as it is to read about an idol passing on, he has had a life with so much that he achieved, and so much he gave so many of us, and what a great time his last years must have been, with all his cameos and the Comicons, etc.

You did it right

His 95 year mission is over and he's off to report to the Watchers.

s sad as it is to read about an idol passing on, he has had a life with so much that he achieved, and so much he gave so many of us, and what a great time his last years must have been, with all his cameos and the Comicons, etc.

You did it right

He was involved with a elder abuse case, something about his family too, and it didn't seem to fun. And I believe he was not attending comic cons or whatever for a while.

Honestly from the last year or two of different things I been reading I am glad he is at peaceful sleep. 95 years is great indeed as you said. He definitely had a full life of achievements. I'm not sad about his death. I'm content.

Do you think he was ever mocked for writing comic books way in the past? Did he sure ever get the last laugh. When you think about it comic book characters are the modern day mythological stories just like the the ancient Greeks used to gather around to hear about the stores of Heracles. They did it then for the same reason people like the stories of comic book characters now. They were freaking cool, almost as if there is something inherent in human nature that draws us to superheros. Stan Lee even went better than most as his characters ended up being real people first with their superpowers being only a secondary part of who they were. It was probably a more risky approach to take back then, but he pulled it off.

His creations have probably had more impact on our culture than even people like Tolkien or Gorge Lucas have had. At this point he might have had more of an impact on fictional works than the ancient poet Homer. Like all great works, in some ways the people that create them will never totally die as long as what they created is fondly remembered by people that care about them.

Do you think he was ever mocked for writing comic books way in the past? Did he sure ever get the last laugh. When you think about it comic book characters are the modern day mythological stories just like the the ancient Greeks used to gather around to hear about the stores of Heracles. They did it then for the same reason people like the stories of comic book characters now. They were freaking cool, almost as if there is something inherent in human nature that draws us to superheros. Stan Lee even went better than most as his characters ended up being real people first with their superpowers being only a secondary part of who they were. It was probably a more risky approach to take back then, but he pulled it off.

His creations have probably had more impact on our culture than even people like Tolkien or Gorge Lucas have had. At this point he might have had more of an impact on fictional works than the ancient poet Homer. Like all great works, in some ways the people that create them will never totally die as long as what they created is fondly remembered by people that care about them.

the stupidity of the masses. that's a leftist thing, right?

stan lee is the patron saint of 30-year-old-plus virgins.

sorry he passed away too soon. Cause he was like 90 or something.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
He was involved with a elder abuse case, something about his family too, and it didn't seem to fun. And I believe he was not attending comic cons or whatever for a while.

Honestly from the last year or two of different things I been reading I am glad he is at peaceful sleep. 95 years is great indeed as you said. He definitely had a full life of achievements. I'm not sad about his death. I'm content.

That was a good post Supafly.
Actually whims he was going to conventions pretty much weekly and signing comics like a madman up until pretty recently.
He signed so much stuff in the past few years that a CGC graded comic with a Stan Lee signature doesn't really add much value to the comic.
Many like myself prefer unsigned comics.

My point I guess was the man had energy.
about 20 years of almost single handedly writing over a dozen storylines each month, creating hundreds of characters, and going to conventions all over the country meeting people, shaking hands, and signing his ass off for about a hundred bucks a pop into his 90's.
Wish I had half his energy.

GRRM+letter.jpg