• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Spiderman 3 villian revealed with picture

I've enjoyed the comic book confrontations between Spiderman and Sandman. Venom on Film should be interesting, assuming that's the second villan. They could go with Rhino

SeraphiM

Retired Moderator
I think Sandman as a villian is fine. With the Sandman character they are sticking to history laid down by the comic book.

Dr. Octopus first appeared in Amazing Spider-Man #3 (July 1963) while
Sandman first appeared in Amazing Spider-Man #4 (Aug. 1963)
Venom did not appear unitl 25 years later in The Amazing Spider-Man #299 (May 1988)

There is a lot of history and interesting characters in those 25 years of Spider-Man. I hate the fact that they have jumped to the end rather than explore the middle. I personally would like to have seen the Hobgoblin, Green Goblin or even the much hinted about Lizard in this sequel. Leaving the sequel for Venom and if written right Carnage. :2 cents:

BNF

Ex-SuperMod
Cool link - thanks Civic. That guy's got the jaw for a villian, but needs to bulk up a bit...

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
Don't quite see how Sandman can carry the entire flick.

But I guess we'll see with Spidey 3.....

I'm pretty sure Green Goblin is in this one too. I think there might be three villains in the new movie. That would kick ass I bet. I hope so anyway.

Good choice, i think, i'm a Spiderman fan, but i don't know a whole lot about the cartoon characters...

I think Sandman is a great choice for a villian in this movie but chances are that Venom will be the primary villian and Sandman will just get beat up with the black suit.

Thanks for the info Civic.
i think sandman is a pretty good choice.
did anybody read the arch Sam Keith did with sandman as the villain? it was recent, and very good.
i was hoping for the lizard, as dr. connors has been in the movies, but this should be interesting. and im not worried so much about the CG. its been great in both movies so far, and every year new things are learned in the field making more things possible.im looking forward to seeing if this franchise goes like the bond franchise, with actors changing but quality staying. lets hope. and im quite happy it wasn't venom or harry osborn for this movie. thats great character development and makes for continuity in the movies.

His chest is ok, but his arms are seriously "behind" compared to his chest. They just look weird hanging from his bulked-up torso. Time to do some curls and tricep exercises! ;)

Besides, in his cotume they'll make him look more bulky and defined anyway, like they did for Spiderman. The guy who plays him (can't remember his name right now) is a scrawny little dude. :tongue:

BNF said:
Cool link - thanks Civic. That guy's got the jaw for a villian, but needs to bulk up a bit...

Nightfly said:
His chest is ok, but his arms are seriously "behind" compared to his chest. They just look weird hanging from his bulked-up torso. Time to do some curls and tricep exercises! ;)

Besides, in his cotume they'll make him look more bulky and defined anyway, like they did for Spiderman. The guy who plays him (can't remember his name right now) is a scrawny little dude. :tongue:

Tobey McGuire is the Answer :thumsbup:

Superfly

Closed Account
I would have liked Venom, but something tells me these sequels are going to go on forever like the Batman ones.

Mayhem

Banned
One thing I hate about these superhero movies is the bad guy usually always dies at the end. The Joker died at the end of Batman, Dr. Octopus died at the end of Spidey-2, etc. They lasted a long time in the comics, why not in the movies. Of course, the factor of time comes into play.

If I was in charge of a studio, I'd find good actors who were willing to continually play their superhero/villain character, and go back to the way they did it in the 30's and 40's. Every 6 months or so, the next movie would come out. No waiting for 3 years ot whatever. An ongoing series.

Maybe that's why nobody is knocking down my door, asking me to run a studio, but I like it.