• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

So about this marriage thing ...

DuanCulo

Staff member
who here has been married/is married? what has your experience/s been like (good or/and bad)? for those who haven't been, is there a specific reason?

Another "I'm fucking bored so I'll just make another lame ass" thread.

Vanilla Bear

Bears For Life
Nope, not married. Reason is I don't even have a girlfriend.

And marriage is pretty much outdated. Just expensive. There is no reason to get married anymore. You don't need that paper as a sign you belong together and you can still speak of your wife/husband without being married.

That doesn't mean I have anything against people getting married.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
When it's good it can be great. When it's bad it can be horrible. Living alone is neither of those but has it's rewards and drawbacks. This is experience talking.

Never been married. Never found the right person. Only had one relationship and it did not go as well as I hoped.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
This year will be 15 for the wife, and I. Great woman, I'm lucky. She's almost as good a cook as me, great earner, beautiful human being, great heart, great compassion, very pretty...and well lets face it, obviously she has the patients of a saint. She could have a little better sense of humor...I mean come on, I'm a funny guy!

When you find the right girl, you'll do it, and if you have serious doubts, don't. Just remember, when you get married, you're signing a contract, that is a legally binding contract....DO NOT take it lightly.

This year will be 15 for the wife, and I. Great woman, I'm lucky. She's almost as good a cook as me, great earner, beautiful human being, great heart, great compassion, very pretty...and well lets face it, obviously she has the patients of a saint. She could have a little better sense of humor...I mean come on, I'm a funny guy!

When you find the right girl, you'll do it, and if you have serious doubts, don't. Just remember, when you get married, you're signing a contract, that is a legally binding contract....DO NOT take it lightly.

Congrats! I'm happy for you.

My wife is better looking than I am, can cook better, and is smarter. I think she took me on as a project ;)

Going on 4 years this summer. Been with her for almost 11 years. Without getting into specifics, its been the most fucked up roller coaster ride I have ever been on. Lots of ups and downs but Im lucky to be still on track. Guys below said it best.

And marriage is pretty much outdated. Just expensive. There is no reason to get married anymore. You don't need that paper as a sign you belong together and you can still speak of your wife/husband without being married.

What I tried to go for.

The sex is great and the food is excellent.

Most of the time. I mean I'll take it over Wristine and Palmala and fastfood anyday.

When it's good it can be great. When it's bad it can be horrible. Living alone is neither of those but has it's rewards and drawbacks. This is experience talking.

^^

Take that advise to the bank. Lots of divorce in my family its not a fun experience. That was my second reason why I decided to marry mine because of her beliefs on shit like that so in time I always hope I made the right choice when I signed my life away.

I used to have regrets little while after getting married during the down hills but we just had our first so I can never have regrets now or else he wouldnt exist and he keeps me stronger than ever now, thinking about the future for him and not bad things in the past with the wife.

I was married be for, but after 4 years she cheated on me and left me for him...

I married again no for 4 years again, but this time it's diffirent she is a very loving women...

People say love never last for ever, but with her I see forever...

14 years together, not married.

I don't see why you should get married, it's just a lame thing society came up with to push on you. People think I'm nuts for not being married while I just think why should I? What's the advantage? Eternal love? Screw that bs.

Oh and like 3 out of 4 marriages over here end up in a divorce, nah I'm perfectly happy as is.

Never been married and I never will. It just goes against everything I stand for really. Church , god, vows - just ridiculous in a modern society. Had to wonderful 8 year relationships but they just fizzled out (but in a good way - I just do not want kids). Single since Jan this year which oddly is when I joined this forum :)

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
My wife and I are celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary today. She's is wonderful....obviously the love of my life and (overused phrase but oh-so-true, my "soul mate"). I can't imagine my life without her.

On the flip side, we've had our share of trouble. It hasn't always been smooth sailing and there are many occasions where she drives me absolutely nuts (and me her I am certain!). It's the nature of the beast. So, ask yourself the question, "Is this the person with whom I want to spend the rest of my life?". If you even hesitate to answer "yes", don't get married. The key to a successful marriage is an ability to maintain a sense of faith, trust and devotion long after the magic of infatuation has faded. Marriage eventually becomes extremely mundane and routine so people sometimes get bored and that's when things can go astray. Once that happens, trust is broken and can rarely be rekindled. It takes a lifetime to build it but only a single moment of weakness to destroy it.

I love being married....I'd trade comfort and stability and a lifetime of loving companionship for anything!

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
My wife and I are celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary today. She's is wonderful....obviously the love of my life and (overused phrase but oh-so-true, my "soul mate"). I can't imagine my life without her.

On the flip side, we've had our share of trouble. It hasn't always been smooth sailing and there are many occasions where she drives me absolutely nuts (and me her I am certain!). It's the nature of the beast. So, ask yourself the question, "Is this the person with whom I want to spend the rest of my life?". If you even hesitate to answer "yes", don't get married. The key to a successful marriage is an ability to maintain a sense of faith, trust and devotion long after the magic of infatuation has faded. Marriage eventually becomes extremely mundane and routine so people sometimes get bored and that's when things can go astray. Once that happens, trust is broken and can rarely be rekindled. It takes a lifetime to build it but only a single moment of weakness to destroy it.

I love being married....I'd trade comfort and stability and a lifetime of loving companionship for anything!

Trust. That is primary. From the little to the big things. I expect her to not go behind my back on anything because I would never do it to her. Sure we are free to make independent decisions, but don't lie to me with bullshit stories. I can forgive for bad decisions but infidelity is a one strike and you are out rule.

During your 35 years (congratulations) you have always had her back. As a man you stand up for your woman as the Alpha. Those times when she stands up for you are are such a gift. When I see my woman get into other people's faces and defend me even when I'm wrong, I am reminded that this person is the one I want by my side forever. Treat her as someone to be proud of on my arm.

ApolloBalboa

Was King of the Board for a Day

If I hadn't given you rep already, I would for this.

Call me old-fashioned, but I consider marriage to be very important. Having lived through essentially 3 (my parents', my mother's, and my dad's quasi), it carries a great deal of importance and significance to me, even though my experiences with it haven't been easy. I've heard people say "I live with my significant other, we have x number of kids, we love and support each other, but we don't want to be tied to a piece of paper saying we're together". To those people, I say you're full of shit. By common law, you're essentially married, and if you say you love each other and want to be together, what's the big deal about having a piece of paper say so? And the reasoning that "well, we're not married, so if it doesn't work out, it makes it easier for both of us to leave", again I call bullshit. It doesn't make it any easier for the two of you, and if you have kids and/or a house, things the two of you bought together, it only makes it harder. If you want to live together, have babies, and say this makes you happy, fine, but don't go around saying that it's easier/better than marriage, because it's not, it's a lesser version of it and you're just proving how chicken you are to actually go through with the real deal.