• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

She lost her case :( - Must pay $80,000 per song.

member979979

Closed Account
Why is it that the downloaders are the ones being busted and not the downloading sites? I'm not saying that illegally downloading music is fair, its just why buy the milk when you can get the cow for free?

Wainkerr99

Closed Account
This is sickening. I can 'put up' with a lot of things but this really grates my cheese. No consideration for her, for her children, for weak evidence, for the fact that millions of others do this, that there are people in Singapore, Thailand, India, Pakistan, oh, and lets not forget China, Mexico, South Africa, Sweden, heck everywhere where people copy songs.

Basically if you copy songs onto a CD without proper proof of payment, even though it is to save your original disk, they impose ridiculous fines upon you.

They could have given her a fine, then warned her. Instead they have to grind her face into the ground, making a helpless woman a scapegoat.

Enlightened society? No frelling way. In fact, they should rather go the Medieval route and put her in stocks so all the good, upright, innocent people in town can throw tomatoes at her.

The whole DVD thing has brought endless problems and they have only themselves to blame.

There was nothing wrong with tapes. I have seen tapes play in the past that I was convinced was a DVD. All they had to do was make them smaller, and put markers on them. They deliberately started making inferior tapes so as to market DVD's.

CD's I can understand. Even so, what is the diff between a vinyl and a CD? Touch the CD or DVD, you ruin it. Skin has an acid balance of 4.5. It is 43% of the reason why disks fail.

Instead now they basically hand her a death sentence. Die you miserable filth for copying Gloria Estefan's songs.

This will only hasten the day when disks become history and your collection will be in cyberspace. Goodbye art.

As for sales. I am so sick of this endless whine of the hip hop artists, and their limitless babble of words.

member979979

Closed Account
Last time I bought a CD was in 2007. It was Common's new cd and I knew that with Common, you get your money worth because every song is brilliant.

But on the other hand, why should we as the consumers pay $20 for Lil Wayne's wack ass music and so he get afford another shit tattoo on his face.

How many times have you bought an album thinking its the shit! then when u pop it in, its nothing but 3 good songs and the rest bad songs with annoying intro skits?

Not me. They won't go out quietly. They'll take radio with them.

Since no one buys cd's anymore the record companies are trying to make radio pay them money every time they play a song.

And radio can't afford to do that.

:cool:

Radio stations have always paid.

Why don't the jury, record companies and Hollywood attack the producers of Kazaa, LimeWire,..etc?

I think file sharing is not a crime. If you download stuffs from "illegal" website, that might be a crime. But sharing of previously downloaded stuffs doesn't seem like a crime to me.

Again, Anglo-Saxon type of justice works for those who have the money. Yes, you can buy justice like you buy beauty.

Violator79

Take a Hit, Spunker!
Being the land of the free doesn't mean you get things for free.

It is if you know how to do it like I do. How do I do it? Free wireless is the key.

I think the RIAA is a big farce and that jury that decided that woman was guilty was bought and paid for. I'll bet anyone here that every single member of that jury went home and downloaded songs or movies that same day and have been doing it for a long time.

Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails gives his music (in high quality) for free and is now doing better than ever. Trent is a true pioneer. He said fuck you to the record companies several years ago and the business model he has created is going to pave the way for other artists. IMO, the record companies will be obsolete someday.

☼LEGIT☼
Not me. They won't go out quietly. They'll take radio with them.

Since no one buys cd's anymore the record companies are trying to make radio pay them money every time they play a song.

And radio can't afford to do that.

I'd love this because it would force the radio to play more than 8 songs and go to other groups who are newer. They wouldn't have to pay as much for the songs either.

Singers will never die out due to concerts and that's the bulk of their money. Record companies rip off many people.

Rattrap

Doesn't feed trolls and would appreciate it if you
The library here offers an enormous collection of CDs in its collection, rivaling any music shop. You can put them on hold online, have them mailed to the library nearest you, take 'em home for weeks and bring them back. Naturally making as many copies and/or ripping them to your computer as you'd like. Virtually my entire music library's been built up this way - and the entire time I've wondered how the library can loan out CDs like that with the technology to duplicate them absolutely everywhere.

Ain't it great how someone who downloads music is fined almost $2 million dollars, but politicians who fuck the people over for billions of dollars are sitting pretty in their offices? :rolleyes: