• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Restaurant service fees

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I saw an article in which Buffalo Wild Wings has been called out for adding a $1.00 take out fee to orders. They say it's being phased out, but still, that's pretty ballsy to add a buck to your bill, because you AREN'T eating it in the restaurant. It's getting ridicules with all of this tipping nonsense too. If you take my order, then serve me plated food, or, you drive it right to my door, yes you deserve a tip. But I can't see giving a tip to someone that hands me a bag through a drive through window, or being expected to stuff money in a jar, when I walk up to a counter, and carry my food away. Maybe throw the change in one of those "Jerry's Kid's" donation thing, but otherwise I'm finding it a little crazy of what's expected by some places.

Tourist cities, including those in Canada, try to con visitors by allowing businesses to charge a "optional" fee, disguised as a tax - E.g. "Destination market fee".
It's total BS, because there's no regulation - business can do whatever they want with the money - including the owner just pocketing it.