• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Online Shooter Rankings.

Which game has the best ranking system as far as online play? I don't play many 1st person shooters, so I'm only familiar with Halo and COD, but I always prefered Halo's to COD's. If you play COD enough, you'll eventually get to level 70 or whatever. It would just take longer. There is a lot of shitty players in the higher rank range. I don't really see that with Halo. I know you can be a bad player on a winning team, but that will only get you so much experience. You have to play ranked games, and play well against superior competition to get your skill ranking up, when teamed with your experience, can get your ranking higher. Also, your skill can go up and down depending on your play. Which I love. Play bad, your rank goes down. The way it should be.

I also prefer Halo's matchmaking system. It matches you with players with the same experience, so you're not a level 8 in COD getting matched up with guys in their 10th prestige, with way better guns, perks, etc.

Do any other games have better ranking systems? Or if you were to create a system, how would you do it?

I like a system where your rank increases/decreases with your level of play, and the level of your competition. Losing against players way better than you doesn't necessarily mean a drop in ranking. If you played well and held your own, than you could rank up, or stay the same. But dominating noobs or people that just suck at the game won't make your rank go up. It'll more than likely drop.

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
Do any other games have better ranking systems? Or if you were to create a system, how would you do it?

A hybrid of halo and cod would be nice.