• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

OCSMs and Fans that use, or have used Customs4U

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
The powers that be have officially unleashed the krakens and I'm now allowed to start doing things to www.customs4u.com!

So, here's my question to OCSMs that use our service....what's your "really wish they'd add this feature, or I really fucking hate that feature?"

Is it something about payouts? How the customs work? Something you'd like added to the customs? The clip store? The offers?

And of course if anyone here has bought anything on www.customs4u.com, or have looked at it and thought "I'd buy something if it did this...", what would you like to see?

Now's the time to speak up! You can help make it into your perfect customs site!

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
I can understand why you went for that job... that website offers really easy-to-use custom videos and such that would me for one bust a motherload any time. The prices are reasonable, if you consider your video will be ypurs personally and just your preciousssss ^^

I can't see anything I would change, it looks very good.

Petra

Thanks, anyone else?

Maggie Green

Official Checked Star Member
Hey Petra! I am pretty active on C4U and I really like for the most part. It helps to weed out all of the time wasters who want to send 20 emails back and forth about their video and then don't order one. The one thing I do not like is how the clips are organized. For example, on the front page when someone searches for my name, it brings them to where they can order the custom. I wish it also had all of my clips right there too, I think I'd sell a lot more. Because as it is set up now, they have to search specifically for video clips and then type in my name. Unless I have a brand new one that shows up on the front page. Know what I mean? Because of this, I know I don't upload very many clips to this site. Not sure if this is even something possible to change.

AndiLand

Hey Petra! I am pretty active on C4U and I really like for the most part. It helps to weed out all of the time wasters who want to send 20 emails back and forth about their video and then don't order one. The one thing I do not like is how the clips are organized. For example, on the front page when someone searches for my name, it brings them to where they can order the custom. I wish it also had all of my clips right there too, I think I'd sell a lot more. Because as it is set up now, they have to search specifically for video clips and then type in my name. Unless I have a brand new one that shows up on the front page. Know what I mean? Because of this, I know I don't upload very many clips to this site. Not sure if this is even something possible to change.

I understand where you're coming from there. Although I noticed they have changed things so that if someone is already on your custom video ordering page, they can click the "videos" tab and be redirected to YOUR clips, rather than the list of newest clips. I think this could potentially be a game changer. :)

Hi Petra! Okay, here goes....

- I love the option of pricing custom video categories differently. The "masturbation" category is a very popular one, but it would be nice if there were an additional category for more explicit masturbation, like "dildo riding". Maybe it's just me, but there is a big difference between a good old fashioned clit rub, and performing a simulated "hardcore" sex scene. Not a huge issue, but personally one of my biggest pet peeves with the site.

- I noticed the recent change in adding a verification step for new buyers making purchases over $100 to avoid chargebacks. I think this is a really intelligent idea, but it seems like it may potentially conflict with the delivery options, where some eager/impatient buyers are willing to pay hundreds extra to receive their video within 24 hours, or whatever. I hope they will be notified when placing their order that the verification process can take up to a few days AFTER they have submitted their confirmation, before the performer is actually able to read their order description and shoot their video.

- I think it would be cool if we could still see the detailed order description on customs that have already been shot, that appear at the bottom of the "upload customs" screen with the option to resell. It can get confusing when you have a pile of JOI videos uploaded around the same time, and can't remember which is which. Something simple, like the current description format of pending video orders, where it pops up when hovering the mouse over it, would be perfect. The original description may appear AFTER hitting that resell button (I can't remember) but it would be really helpful to be able to view it beforehand.

- One of my favorite features is being able to message a buyer after they have placed an order, if anything needs to be discussed. I've received a few orders that requested things I don't do or obscure costumes I don't own, so I love having the option to talk to the buyer and agree on an alternative together, instead of having to reject their order. Please keep this feature! :)

Overall I think C4U is a pretty great site and I'm excited that you're a part of the team!

Maggie Green

I understand where you're coming from there. Although I noticed they have changed things so that if someone is already on your custom video ordering page, they can click the "videos" tab and be redirected to YOUR clips, rather than the list of newest clips. I think this could potentially be a game changer. :)

- I love the option of pricing custom video categories differently. The "masturbation" category is a very popular one, but it would be nice if there were an additional category for more explicit masturbation, like "dildo riding". Maybe it's just me, but there is a big difference between a good old fashioned clit rub, and performing a simulated "hardcore" sex scene. Not a huge issue, but personally one of my biggest pet peeves with the site.

- I noticed the recent change in adding a verification step for new buyers making purchases over $100 to avoid chargebacks. I think this is a really intelligent idea, but it seems like it may potentially conflict with the delivery options, where some eager/impatient buyers are willing to pay hundreds extra to receive their video within 24 hours, or whatever. I hope they will be notified when placing their order that the verification process can take up to a few days AFTER they have submitted their confirmation, before the performer is actually able to read their order description and shoot their video.

- I think it would be cool if we could still see the detailed order description on customs that have already been shot, that appear at the bottom of the "upload customs" screen with the option to resell. It can get confusing when you have a pile of JOI videos uploaded around the same time, and can't remember which is which. Something simple, like the current description format of pending video orders, where it pops up when hovering the mouse over it, would be perfect. The original description may appear AFTER hitting that resell button (I can't remember) but it would be really helpful to be able to view it beforehand.

- One of my favorite features is being able to message a buyer after they have placed an order, if anything needs to be discussed. I've received a few orders that requested things I don't do or obscure costumes I don't own, so I love having the option to talk to the buyer and agree on an alternative together, instead of having to reject their order. Please keep this feature! :)

Overall I think C4U is a pretty great site and I'm excited that you're a part of the team!

Oh really? I was looking this morning before I posted this and when I clicked vid tab from my custom page, it took me to the main video page with everyone's. Maybe I need to use a different browser.

I agree with be able to message the customer now, in the beginning it wasn't like that.

Petra

One of the things we were discussing just yesterday was to create the new site around the performer profiles. So for example (don't hold me on this since these are just brainstormed ideas from a long skype convo yesterday) you'd have your profile page with a short something about you, a link to places your fans can find you, maybe a list of all the categories you have videos in in some sort of nifty navigation sort of way, the last x vids you uploaded, a custom video widget, maybe stuff from your model store (autographed pictures, panties, bras, etc) and whatever else we decide to offer (comments maybe? like button?). And, somehow done in a non-cluttered, intuitive to use sort of way.

We'll see what the designers can do with those instructions. ;-)

Then, each area like videos, the store, live cams (we eventually want to offer this), etc will also be its own section so each can be promoted individually as well.

- Maybe we can work in a way of the performer being able to add categories to the default list so you can have whatever it is you do.

- We will be moving to credits for the new site so there will be a lot less problems. However, I still want to offer a "buy now" option where the verification will have to be worked out to be a little smoother and a little more obvious as to what's going on. Maybe take a page out of the live cams book and hire someone to do credit verification? I don't know. It'll be handled though!

- I think we can keep the detailed order description. Can't be too hard to keep it in a minimized position unless you expand it.

- Don't worry, the message system will stay there. In fact, I want to do something like a profile wall where performers can write on the fan's wall to thank them for any type of purchase, or just interact to drum up more loyalty (and purchases).

Oh really? I was looking this morning before I posted this and when I clicked vid tab from my custom page, it took me to the main video page with everyone's. Maybe I need to use a different browser.

I agree with be able to message the customer now, in the beginning it wasn't like that.

The linking and UI on the current site is messed up beyond belief.

If a visitor goes through the customs part, they can't easily get to the performer's videos. However, if they go through the videos (and actually click on the "go to X store" on a popup, they can go to the customs. Don't worry, "site standards" is the very first thing at the top of this redesign document along with links that make sense. o_O Whenever I'm working with the current site for something, I have to restrain myself from wanting to smack someone (probably wouldn't due to smack my boss, eh?).

If at anytime you guys think of anything else, send it over to petra@customs4u.com and I'll see if I can add it to the list. ;-)

Petra

Ugh I hate when you have a cam show, they email you to tell you. We should be able to get a message right away via the site. I emailed customer support about it a few months back and never heard anything back. So they need to work on answering their messages.

I agree that wasn't very well thought out. We're debating if we're going to keep this particular version of the service, or go a different way (where it makes sense). Not 100% where we're going to go at the moment since we're focusing on these 4 things for phase 1:

- Proper 1 stop profiles
- A good, useful, intuitive video store
- The custom video feature
- An awesome and powerful search feature

Plus, I'm personally working on something that "may" replace the call feature if I can convince the powers that be it's greeeeaaaaaaat! :angel1: At least I'm excited to have my own product. LOL

Briana Lee

One of the things we were discussing just yesterday was to create the new site around the performer profiles. So for example (don't hold me on this since these are just brainstormed ideas from a long skype convo yesterday) you'd have your profile page with a short something about you, a link to places your fans can find you, maybe a list of all the categories you have videos in in some sort of nifty navigation sort of way, the last x vids you uploaded, a custom video widget, maybe stuff from your model store (autographed pictures, panties, bras, etc) and whatever else we decide to offer (comments maybe? like button?). And, somehow done in a non-cluttered, intuitive to use sort of way.

We'll see what the designers can do with those instructions. ;-)

Then, each area like videos, the store, live cams (we eventually want to offer this), etc will also be its own section so each can be promoted individually as well.

Yes! This needs to happen for sure! It would make it sooooo much easier for customers to find all our content on there.

One thing I would like is for us to be able to see what the total price is going to be when we enter new offers or clips or whatever. You know with the % that c4u adds on to the price we enter. At the moment we can only see that if we go and search for ourselves and look at the prices as if we were the customer.

Petra

Yes! This needs to happen for sure! It would make it sooooo much easier for customers to find all our content on there.

One thing I would like is for us to be able to see what the total price is going to be when we enter new offers or clips or whatever. You know with the % that c4u adds on to the price we enter. At the moment we can only see that if we go and search for ourselves and look at the prices as if we were the customer.

I'll keep this one in mind. ;-)

Petra

Sounds like you're right on track Petra, I'm looking forward to seeing what you make happen : )

So am I! We'll see if the wire frames and description I'm writing will be anything close to the final product. ;-)

I am looking into using elevatedX for the video management though. So that might possibly be exciting, built in trailer editor.

AndiLand

I second this! I don't even know how many times I've gone back and forth, checking prices, lol.

Briana Lee

I second this! I don't even know how many times I've gone back and forth, checking prices, lol.

I know right! And it doesn't update immediately when you change the price so I'm sitting there getting frustrated! Haha