• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL 2008-2009 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mauser98k

Closed Account
What is with this back and forth swift? Caps just lost. They played like the pens did in games 1 & 2, and the pens played like the caps did in 1 & 2.

I must say... Varlamov let in some pathetic shots.

And is Carolina that strong?!?! I thought for sure Boston would sweep this.

figures Jussi Jokinen is doing well with them. he didn't do crap as a Lightning :rolleyes:

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?
You know that concert that is forcing the Pens / Caps game to be played tomorrow just made me think of equal justice.

Well what I am getting @ is since the Redwings and the Bluejackets are the only Eastern time zone teams that are stuck / forced to play in the western conference, they are subjected to brutal schedules which require a significant additional travel time then the rest of the western conference, and all of the eastern conference.

Therefore I contend, that when playoffs roll around the Redwings, and Bluejackets often have these brutally unfair playoff matchups in california, vancouver, calgary.etc...

While the eastern confernce teams could take a fuckin bus to the oppositions home ice, well I just thought of the equalizer.

I propose that eastern conference teams should have to play games 1 and 2 back to back, then they'll get one day off to travel and then play games 3 and 4 back to back as well, thats just so the eastern conference teams are just as tired / fatigued as the western conference teams are, that is the only logical equalizer I can think of, otherwise the E.C. teams always have the easier playoffs. :2 cents:

kristoflaw10

Closed Account
What is with this back and forth swift? Caps just lost. They played like the pens did in games 1 & 2, and the pens played like the caps did in 1 & 2.

I must say... Varlamov let in some pathetic shots.

And is Carolina that strong?!?! I thought for sure Boston would sweep this.

3-1 Hurricanes... wow did they start rolling at the right time. Don't get me wrong they're not my team, but they have opened my eyes during these playofffs, they're pretty exciting to watch.

kristoflaw10

Closed Account
I think Chicago's forwards are to fast for the canucks to play a standard type defense, and this zone / trap there playing is the only way to slow down kane, toews, the rest of the speedy forwards. :2 cents:

I agree this seems to be the coaching decision made but it's odd... they(Van) lost that game and had a 1-0 lead through-out, 3 shots in the third, in OT they turn it on and look as tho' they'll win but drop a loss. Kinda like karma in my books... the Hawks are fast but the Canucks could still play with some tempo and not rely completely on Luongo.

This is why I am not surprised Chicago is this far again and IMO will take the best of three. Chicago vs Detroit... that would be cool! :cool:

You know that concert that is forcing the Pens / Caps game to be played tomorrow just made me think of equal justice.

Well what I am getting @ is since the Redwings and the Bluejackets are the only Eastern time zone teams that are stuck / forced to play in the western conference, they are subjected to brutal schedules which require a significant additional travel time then the rest of the western conference, and all of the eastern conference.

Therefore I contend, that when playoffs roll around the Redwings, and Bluejackets often have these brutally unfair playoff matchups in california, vancouver, calgary.etc...

While the eastern confernce teams could take a fuckin bus to the oppositions home ice, well I just thought of the equalizer.

I propose that eastern conference teams should have to play games 1 and 2 back to back, then they'll get one day off to travel and then play games 3 and 4 back to back as well, thats just so the eastern conference teams are just as tired / fatigued as the western conference teams are, that is the only logical equalizer I can think of, otherwise the E.C. teams always have the easier playoffs. :2 cents:

While it may be true that Detroit has to travel further, every team that plays Detroit has to travel that same distance. And playing back to back games like the Pens/Caps today will probably never happen again.

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?
MF'er I can't get the Canucks to do shit for me. I wanted the canucks to beat Chicago, and then I wanted the Caps to beat the pens. but NO. neither one came through for me. :nono:

And Holy :wtf: if somebody were to tell me the Hurricanes would be handing the bruins their A$$E$ I would say there's NO FUCKIN WAY. :confused::dunno: :eyeso::eek::shock::uohs::shocked::rofl2:

p.s. I am not laughing @ you bruins fans I am laughing cuz I can't fuckin believe it. I thought the bruins were the real deal this year?

Umm has noone mentioned the World Championship?

Canada LOST! God damn Russians.

Russia is now the top ranked country in the world for hockey.

Also, Sweden got bronze...and USA got nothing.

member979979

Closed Account
Umm has noone mentioned the World Championship?

Canada LOST! God damn Russians.

Russia is now the top ranked country in the world for hockey.

Also, Sweden got bronze...and USA got nothing.

What network was it being shown on? They should of had this shit after nhl playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.