• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

.mov files on youtube?

member979979

Closed Account
Are .mov (Quicktime) files not allowed to be uploaded to Youtube? When I try, it says its loading and then fails and gives an error message.

I swear Ive uploaded .mov before :dunno:

☼LEGIT☼
Are .mov (Quicktime) files not allowed to be uploaded to Youtube? When I try, it says its loading and then fails and gives an error message.

Yes you can upload .MOV files to Youtube. It's much better to convert the file to .FLV though.

How long is it and what's the size of it?

The list they accept.
* Windows Media Video(.avi)
* .3GP (cell phones)
* .AVI (windows)
* .MOV (mac)
* .MP4 (ipod/psp)
* .MPEG
* .FLV (adobe flash)
* .SWF (shockwave flash)
* .MKV (h.264)

member979979

Closed Account
Servers might be updating right now since it's late at night. I will go ahead and check into this for you though.

Edit - Yes you can. It's much better to convert the file to .FLV though.

How long is it and what's the size of it?

I have 2 files I want to upload. They are each 2 mins long and are 461 and 577MB.

member979979

Closed Account
This may be a dumb question: I made the videos on a Mac with Final cut, but I'm uploading them on Youtube with a PC. Will that mess up the video quality? I want these in the best HD clear quality as possible.

☼LEGIT☼
I have 2 files I want to upload. They are each 2 mins long and are 461 and 577MB.

1 gigabyte is the max size and 10 minutes is the max length. You should be good.

This may be a dumb question: I made the videos on a Mac with Final cut, but I'm uploading them on Youtube with a PC. Will that mess up the video quality? I want these in the best HD clear quality as possible.

No, unless you opened up the file on the pc and resaved it.

Retry it again tonight? Does it give an error message type or number?

Retry it again later today.

☼LEGIT☼
Ive played them on a pc but have not resaved anything.

I think your fine since the original file hasn't been altered.

I would just retry it tomorrow. I have gotten the "fail to upload" message before and it has only happened at night. That's when many webmasters work on their site.

Yes, you can. YouTube supports I think about 10 different video types.

well the best thing you need to do is convert it to .avi etc then you can upload it now in YOUTUBE.

NOTE:
i you don't have a converter software

just contact i will give the link :)

member979979

Closed Account
well the best thing you need to do is convert it to .avi etc then you can upload it now in YOUTUBE.

NOTE:
i you don't have a converter software

just contact i will give the link :)

Ive converted it to AVI through final cut, but it comes out in bad quality.

member979979

Closed Account
I just uploaded another .mov file on my pc and it worked. I did change wireless locations, so before it must of been my internet connection.

I just uploaded another .mov file on my pc and it worked. I did change wireless locations, so before it must of been my internet connection.

Must have been. That's an interesting one, I'm gonna have to research that some more.