• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Modern warfare 2 DLC maps March 30th

DLC pack for modern warfare 2 is due out March 30th on Xboxlive and then on ps3 and PC at a later date. It will consist of 5 maps, 2 of which are from Modern warfare 1. Overgrown and Crash. The price for this content isnt announced yet and how long the xboxlive exclusivity will last isnt announced yet either.

I gotta say, this makes zero sense on behalf of Infinity Ward and Microsoft and I'll tell you why.

This will not sell xbox360 consoles. Everyone in their brother already has this game and those who do not wont give a shit if there's new maps cause they didnt even play the present ones yet. The biggest stupidity here is that after they release on 360, the maps can get shit reviews which in turn might make PC and ps3 owners refrain from spending $$$ on them.

If you remember, Modern warfare 1 only had one DLC pack and only 2 outta the three maps were any good. Chinatown sucked an everyone vetoed it. If the word around the campfire says that the DLC isnt that great and they give ps3 and PC owners time to think about it, they might not buy it and keep playing Bad CO2 and the old Modernwarfare 2 maps.

You might be right that this is a bad idea,but I think that with other FPSs like MAG and the new Battlefield games,I think that it may be too little too late.

I will say this though,MAG better be working on some new maps as well and have them ready no later than May,otherwise it there might be renewed interest in MW2 and people will keep playing Bad Company,thus dwindling down the already slipping playership even more.

Fuck that $3 a piece wtf are they thinking?

see what I mean, you're already turned off by the price. What if the maps arent that great? Another thing, nothing for nothing, but is it possible to get 5 brand new maps? Why do they got to throw in 2 maps from modern war1? FPS games are always doing this these days, its not just CODuty.

I understand they'll be played in a different game but people who hammered Modernwarfare 1 insane will get bored of these quick. And lets face it, the biggest problem with the game is lack of a good map cycle.

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
That's a "Stimulus Package"?:confused:

Yea, stimulates infinity wards economy.

see what I mean, you're already turned off by the price. What if the maps arent that great? Another thing, nothing for nothing, but is it possible to get 5 brand new maps? Why do they got to throw in 2 maps from modern war1? FPS games are always doing this these days, its not just CODuty.

I understand they'll be played in a different game but people who hammered Modernwarfare 1 insane will get bored of these quick. And lets face it, the biggest problem with the game is lack of a good map cycle.

meh. I may, I may not pick it up. I'll have to see what my regular group is gonna do. If they get em, I'll get em, if not, then I won't. I've started having much more fun in private matches anyway.

The map cycling is garbage. Every time I play its always the same 3 maps cycled over and over, then it changes to a different 3 maps the next night. Regardless of what game type I play. Thats why i prefer private matches anymore.

I actually like the fact that xbox is getting them before ps3, cause that will give me a chance to decide whether or not to get this game back from G'fly. I got $40 for it at Gstop with their insane tradein deal. $40 was too hard to pass up, especially since I stopped playing it. IF these DLC maps are good and worth the $$$ then I'll get back into it.

Gonna have to get some 360 users input over the next month or so....

DLC pack for modern warfare 2 is due out March 30th on Xboxlive and then on ps3 and PC at a later date. It will consist of 5 maps, 2 of which are from Modern warfare 1. Overgrown and Crash. The price for this content isnt announced yet and how long the xboxlive exclusivity will last isnt announced yet either.

I gotta say, this makes zero sense on behalf of Infinity Ward and Microsoft and I'll tell you why.

This will not sell xbox360 consoles. Everyone in their brother already has this game and those who do not wont give a shit if there's new maps cause they didnt even play the present ones yet. The biggest stupidity here is that after they release on 360, the maps can get shit reviews which in turn might make PC and ps3 owners refrain from spending $$$ on them.

If you remember, Modern warfare 1 only had one DLC pack and only 2 outta the three maps were any good. Chinatown sucked an everyone vetoed it. If the word around the campfire says that the DLC isnt that great and they give ps3 and PC owners time to think about it, they might not buy it and keep playing Bad CO2 and the old Modernwarfare 2 maps.

Releasing the DLC is not a bad idea, quite the opposite actually. The price, is ludicrous, but you have to understand that not every move made by developers is to push console sales, and really shouldn't be. DLC in general is really only meant to appeal to gamers who already have consoles and the games for which the DLC is to be released. For that reason, Infinity Ward made the right call in releasing DLC, as it's just an attempt to keep the online experience somewhat fresh for people who play the game. Unless a developer is in the place of Rockstar a couple of years ago and DLC becomes (at least at the time it was) exclusive to a console, try to sell consoles with DLC is really an unwise move, as people can get it on any system they have, and historically, DLC has had neutral value in terms of selling consoles.

If they want to put old maps, why not charge 5 bucks like rock band and get the maps off of the COD4 disc and then you can put all the COD4 maps on your hard drive, knowing activision though, theres no doubt they would charge like 30 bucks for something like this. But seriousy charging 15 for only 3 new maps and 2 we've played countless times before?...that is just stupid.

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
Releasing the DLC is not a bad idea, quite the opposite actually. The price, is ludicrous, but you have to understand that not every move made by developers is to push console sales, and really shouldn't be. DLC in general is really only meant to appeal to gamers who already have consoles and the games for which the DLC is to be released. For that reason, Infinity Ward made the right call in releasing DLC, as it's just an attempt to keep the online experience somewhat fresh for people who play the game. Unless a developer is in the place of Rockstar a couple of years ago and DLC becomes (at least at the time it was) exclusive to a console, try to sell consoles with DLC is really an unwise move, as people can get it on any system they have, and historically, DLC has had neutral value in terms of selling consoles.

Thats where I'm at. I still play the game. Private for warm up then run public matches. If I have a string of 3 bad games in a row, I'm out for the night. Other nights I just dominate everyone. Seems really hit or miss. But its enough to keep me playing. I think its about damn time they release some DLC. But like I say only if my main group plans on getting em.

I'm sorry Mr Shayd, I think my choice of words to express my opinion just confused. I'm good at that for some reason??? Anyways, I dont think the DLC is a bad idea. I love new maps for old games to freshen stuff up and Modern2 is a great game,no doubt.

The bad idea was xbox360 getting it before two other platforms. Like you stated, this kinda DLC isnt meant to push consoles. That said, why in gods name would you put it out on 1 of the 3 platforms 1st exclusively????

That makes zero sense to me. Like I said before, it will do nothing but possibly hurt the whole deal. People are already up in arms over the price, its well documented all over the internet all ready. If you got the ps3 or PC version and alot of folks on xbox are telling you the DLC isnt worth your $15, what are you gonna do when it finally hits your platform of choice???

Probably still buy it, I'm not gonna lie. But some people will save the bucks and just keeping playing modern2 as is,or just hammer out Bad Co2, Halo3 or whatever your other shooters of choice are.

The bad idea was xbox360 getting it before two other platforms. Like you stated, this kinda DLC isnt meant to push consoles. That said, why in gods name would you put it out on 1 of the 3 platforms 1st exclusively????

It's cheaper, plain and simple. It makes business sense to develop for 360 in particular, because it's the cheapest platform to develop for. I think you're looking too far into the negative aspect of the whole issue here. Yes, I agree it's outrageously expensive, probably to the point of keeping me, personally away, however, by in large, announcing DLC generates interest cross-platform because owners of all systems know they'll get access to it, even if by some chance it happens to be terrible. Especially with a title of this magnitude, it's going to take an absolutely horrid effort on the part of Infinity Ward for these maps to be considered terrible enough to effect sales. Fans will buy the DLC regardless, that's just the nature of big titles.

Well, thanks to the news of the DLC price, the lack of any sort of patching news and lachemo mentioning that you can get $40 for trade in value I have officially sold my copy, its gone. I can't remember the last time I played the game without getting pissed off at something, even while drunk.

I may get it again someday if they ever fix the spawn system (yeah right), but one way or another it just wasn't worth keeping. I got Battlefield Bad Company 2 just to have something to keep me occupied, so if anyone plays that and needs a squad-mate let me know :).

It's cheaper, plain and simple. It makes business sense to develop for 360 in particular, because it's the cheapest platform to develop for. I think you're looking too far into the negative aspect of the whole issue here. Yes, I agree it's outrageously expensive, probably to the point of keeping me, personally away, however, by in large, announcing DLC generates interest cross-platform because owners of all systems know they'll get access to it, even if by some chance it happens to be terrible. Especially with a title of this magnitude, it's going to take an absolutely horrid effort on the part of Infinity Ward for these maps to be considered terrible enough to effect sales. Fans will buy the DLC regardless, that's just the nature of big titles.

you're losing me here.....how is it cheaper? Yes, the 360 is easy to dev for, but its not like it isnt going to the ps3 or PC. Its getting there alittle late. How do you save money by releasing it on 360 first, when you still gotta have it out for the other platforms anyway??? I'm confused about what you are saying here.

Well, thanks to the news of the DLC price, the lack of any sort of patching news and lachemo mentioning that you can get $40 for trade in value I have officially sold my copy, its gone. I can't remember the last time I played the game without getting pissed off at something, even while drunk.

I may get it again someday if they ever fix the spawn system (yeah right), but one way or another it just wasn't worth keeping. I got Battlefield Bad Company 2 just to have something to keep me occupied, so if anyone plays that and needs a squad-mate let me know :).

I'm totally with you Cart. Its no secret, publications label this game a quote "glitchy mess of a videogame". It has alot of problems for a AAA title that sells 400 billion copies. However, it still has alot of entertainment value no matter how pissed we get at it. Its just not as entertaining since its been out since November now. When a game is 5 months old, it gets more annoying when shit aint working right, then when it first comes out. The novelty is wearing off and $40 tradein credit is insane for a game.

That said, if the DLC is good, I'm getting it back from G'fly to play some more. If not, I really dont care cause I love Bad company 2 and there's alot of sweet games coming out this year.

you're losing me here.....how is it cheaper? Yes, the 360 is easy to dev for, but its not like it isnt going to the ps3 or PC. Its getting there alittle late. How do you save money by releasing it on 360 first, when you still gotta have it out for the other platforms anyway??? I'm confused about what you are saying here.

I meant in terms of development time. The 360 takes next to no time to develop games for, because it's essentially a toned down C based coding language, and the hardware isn't terribly difficult to program for. The PS3 has a sophisticated architecture that takes time to program for, and to be honest, doesn't have the same base as the 360. The PC has so many more issues to deal with than either console that it often takes close to a year for something as small as DLC to appear on PC. They're not releasing it on the 360 as some sort of test, it's just faster to develop for the 360 than either of the other two options.

I meant in terms of development time. The 360 takes next to no time to develop games for, because it's essentially a toned down C based coding language, and the hardware isn't terribly difficult to program for. The PS3 has a sophisticated architecture that takes time to program for, and to be honest, doesn't have the same base as the 360. The PC has so many more issues to deal with than either console that it often takes close to a year for something as small as DLC to appear on PC. They're not releasing it on the 360 as some sort of test, it's just faster to develop for the 360 than either of the other two options.

gotcha

$15??? No thanks. If these maps get popular, I'll probably stop playing the game. I hate getting kicked out because I don't have the map pack.