• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Is The New York Times siding wih radical islam against France ?

On October 16th, in Conflans (about 20 miles west from Paris) a teacher's been decapitated by a radical muslim terrorist because, during a class about Freedom of Speech, he had shown, Muhammad cartoons (the same that were published in Charlie Hebdo and caused the massacre of the journalists wotking for the satyrical newspaper 5 years ago). He was later shot and killed by the police.
Here's the New York Times' take on the story :

Ekh6mc2XUAEAZaG

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/16/world/europe/france-decapitate-beheading.html (they've since change the title of the article).
Notice that the emphasis is on the fact that the french police fatally shoot a man, not on the fact that the man had decapitated a teacher. And they don't evn say why he had him decapitated...

The decapitation came after a some parents were unhappy about the the teacher showing this cartoons and shared their outrage on social networks, where it was heavily supported and shared by some muslim organisations who called for retaliation. Due to that, the french governement decided to disband some of these organisations.
Here's how the New York Times' reacted to that
SamuelP3.jpg

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/19/...r-beheading.html?referringSource=articleShare

Now, after President Macron restated that France will not surrender to the radical muslims on Freedom of Speech, some muslim countries are extremely irrate about it, and are calling for a boycott on french products. Turkey is particulary onboard with this as Erdogan publicly questioned Macron's sanity...
Here's how the New York Time's treating this :
Muslim Countries Denounce French Response to Killing of Teacher, Urge Boycott
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/27/world/europe/French-Muslims-Turkey-crackdown.html

Is it me, is it the American way to treat information and me not being used ot it or is it, as it seems to me, the New York Times siding with the radicals muslims and their supports against the french government ?

On October 16th, in Conflans (about 20 miles west from Paris) a teacher's been decapitated by a radical muslim terrorist because, during a class about Freedom of Speech, he had shown, Muhammad cartoons (the same that were published in Charlie Hebdo and caused the massacre of the journalists wotking for the satyrical newspaper 5 years ago). He was later shot and killed by the police.
Here's the New York Times' take on the story :

Ekh6mc2XUAEAZaG

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/16/world/europe/france-decapitate-beheading.html (they've since change the title of the article).
Notice that the emphasis is on the fact that the french police fatally shoot a man, not on the fact that the man had decapitated a teacher. And they don't evn say why he had him decapitated...

The decapitation came after a some parents were unhappy about the the teacher showing this cartoons and shared their outrage on social networks, where it was heavily supported and shared by some muslim organisations who called for retaliation. Due to that, the french governement decided to disband some of these organisations.
Here's how the New York Times' reacted to that
View attachment 829623

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/19/...r-beheading.html?referringSource=articleShare

Now, after President Macron restated that France will not surrender to the radical muslims on Freedom of Speech, some muslim countries are extremely irrate about it, and are calling for a boycott on french products. Turkey is particulary onboard with this as Erdogan publicly questioned Macron's sanity...
Here's how the New York Time's treating this :
Muslim Countries Denounce French Response to Killing of Teacher, Urge Boycott
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/27/world/europe/French-Muslims-Turkey-crackdown.html

Is it me, is it the American way to treat information and me not being used ot it or is it, as it seems to me, the New York Times siding with the radicals muslims and their supports against the french government ?
You ask a very good question.
Yes, so much is determined by the words we use, and the way the facts are presented. I will be the first to say that the NYT is a shadow of what it once was, and there's apt to be bias on the part of individual writers there, more than once was likely.
Indeed, sometimes the US press, on matters of foreign relations, will tend to speak in one, possibly inaccurate voice; I think it has more to do with the US not looking outside itself so often, and sometimes only perfunctorily, for appearances. The press, anyway. The US government is tirelessly involved in other countries, foreign relations, as it were.
Finally, might they only have been catering to the thirst for just punishment, the law guns down the whackjob? Maybe, I think.

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
To answer the question posted in the thread title: No. The NYT is not siding with radical Islam. "Man who beheaded teacher" is right there in the headline. How are they siding with radical Islam?

Señor Sarcasmo said:
The US government is tirelessly involved in other countries, foreign relations, as it were.

Gives them something to do.
The first rule of setting up your standard 1000 year reich is to not go telling people that you're setting up your 1000 year reich. 😉 Every empire shoots they shot. Why not US? 😄

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
To answer the question posted in the thread title: No. The NYT is not siding with radical Islam. "Man who beheaded teacher" is right there in the headline. How are they siding with radical Islam?
I'll agree with gmase here. No. They are not siding with radical Islamic terrorists. They are trying to sell newspapers or online subscriptions so yes they change the title around to get people to see it.

I'm having trouble with Johan's posts # 1 and # 2. Words are spelled wrong in these two posts, there are grammatical errors and some words need capitalization and other words are out of context. For example:

In the United States, the word "organizations" is spelled with an Z. In England, it is spelled as printed with an S ...

... showing this cartoons? Either it is these cartoons (plural) or this cartoon (singular)

... Shouldn't Muslim and French be capitalized? But government being spelled wrong. That's unheard of. They don't make mistakes like this. Then getting past an editor. Never happens.

Makes me think this was lifted and not from the New York Times story.

Last edited:

Theopolis Q. Hossenffer

Every Nation Needs a God-Emperor!
The first rule of setting up your standard 1000 year reich is to not go telling people that you're setting up your 1000 year reich. 😉 Every empire shoots they shot. Why not US? 😄
But didn't Hitler proclaim just that thing. A 1000 year reich? He ran about 987 years short but still the thought was there.

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
Johan and Georges, you are our French team. Please keep us informed on what's going on with this situation. How do either or both of you feel Macron is handling things? Good luck. France is more than America's ally. You are our friend.

Please don't kill this Jihadi scumbag. Play game to see how long he can survive instead. Use anything you can find in the back of a plumber's truck.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/macron-declares-france-under-attack-173746611.html

Macron Declares ‘France Is Under Attack’ after Islamist Terrorist Kills Three Churchgoers

Mairead McArdle
Thu, October 29, 2020, 10:37 AM PDT

French President Emmanuel Macron declared Thursday that France is “under attack,” hours after an Islamic terrorist wielding a knife decapitated a woman and killed two other people at a church in southern France.

The attack occurred near the Basilica of Notre-Dame in Nice, a city on France’s southern coast. Two women and a man were killed. At least two of the three victims, including the woman who was reportedly decapitated, were inside the church.

“It’s very clear that it is France that is under attack,” Macron said during an address outside the basilica where the attack occurred, calling the incident an “Islamist terrorist attack.”

“France will not give up on our values,” the French president said.

Shortly after the attack, Macron boosted security around the country, increasing the number of soldiers at schools and places of worship from 3,000 to 7,000 troops.

The French president also participated in a crisis meeting at the Interior Ministry on Thursday before traveling to Nice in the wake of the attack, which put France on its highest level of alert.

Mayor Christian Estrosi said that the suspected knife attacker was shot by police while being detained and was taken to the hospital alive.

The “terrorist” shouted “Allahu akbar,” which is Arabic for “God is great,” as police arrested him, the mayor said, adding that, “the meaning of his gesture left no doubt.”

The incident was one of three attacks against France on Thursday. A Saudi man was arrested after he attacked a guard with a sharp tool at the French consulate in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, according to Saudi state media. The guard was hospitalized and suffered minor injuries. Meanwhile, an individual in the French city of Avignon wielded a knife and threatened people passing by while shouting “Allahu akbar” until police fatally shot the suspect.

Earlier this month, Samuel Paty, a 47-year-old history teacher, was beheaded in a Paris suburb by an 18-year-old Moscow-born Chechen immigrant who was angered by Paty showing caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad to his class.

After Paty was killed, Macron vowed to crack down on Islamic extremism in France, promising that “the fear is now going to change sides,” and that “the Islamists cannot be allowed to sleep peacefully in our country.”

They're just playing the google algorithm game. Police fatally shoot gets clicks these days, so it's up front.