• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

I LOVE sports, but...

McRocket

Banned
If I hear of another multi-millionaire athlete that is deciding on which multi-million dollar free agency contract to accept and then turns around and says that he has to think of his family. Or complaining about life on the road and missing his kids.
Hey buddy, I got a suggestion for you...retire.

I mean instead of spending 1/4 to 1/3 of the year away; why not retire and actually be there for your kids. Unless you are a shitty Dad, then your kids would rather you were home more often.
You are stinking rich..so don't say you need the money.
No, the only reason you are still playing is because you are a selfish jerk. You are not saving the world; you are playing a sport for pity sake. Wouldn't know what to do with yourself? WHy not volunteer at some local community charity and actually give something back to all the fans that made you rich. And then in the afternoon or evening you could actually spend some time with your family.

Thoughts anyone?

they got large bills to pay...so they've got to make sure they can pay their bills...i agree with you but you gotta think like them...they gotta feed kids too.

It's disgusting and I'm frusted with it as you are mc. When I go to a sports event I feel like I'm just watching a bunch of millionaires run around and fuck with a ball to make more money. Hollywood can kiss my ass too. :thefinger :D

McRocket

Banned
XxBeSxX said:
they got large bills to pay...so they've got to make sure they can pay their bills...i agree with you but you gotta think like them...they gotta feed kids too.

Feed kids? How much food money do you need if you make 2 million US a year (which I believe is the average Major Leagur Baseball salary - or close to it?

McRocket

Banned
Jizm said:
It's disgusting and I'm frusted with it as you are mc. When I go to a sports event I feel like I'm just watching a bunch of millionaires run around and fuck with a ball to make more money. Hollywood can kiss my ass too. :thefinger :D

Yeah..Hollywood is pathetic too. I just cannot relate in any way to someone that makes 20 million dollars to say a few dozen lines in a movie. Has kids and then hires a nanny to raise them and then says that they are manageing to balance being a parent and an actor at the same time. Whatever.

they athletes...they got more than 2 kids...plus they gotta pay child support...c'mon that ain't cheap!

(this is why i love college football)

McRocket

Banned
XxBeSxX said:
they athletes...they got more than 2 kids...plus they gotta pay child support...c'mon that ain't cheap!

(this is why i love college football)

Child support? That is assuming they are divorced. WHat if they are not? Yeah, and I love college football too.

mcrocket said:
If I hear of another multi-millionaire athlete that is deciding on which multi-million dollar free agency contract to accept and then turns around and says that he has to think of his family. Or complaining about life on the road and missing his kids.
Hey buddy, I got a suggestion for you...retire.

I mean instead of spending 1/4 to 1/3 of the year away; why not retire and actually be there for your kids. Unless you are a shitty Dad, then your kids would rather you were home more often.
You are stinking rich..so don't say you need the money.
No, the only reason you are still playing is because you are a selfish jerk. You are not saving the world; you are playing a sport for pity sake. Wouldn't know what to do with yourself? WHy not volunteer at some local community charity and actually give something back to all the fans that made you rich. And then in the afternoon or evening you could actually spend some time with your family.

Thoughts anyone?

I am a lover of Sports as well, but like you said, They aint saving the world!!! what I could do with one years worth of their Salary!!!!

XxBeSxX, I like the attempt, but you gotta make some sense to play the DA.

Anyway, I'm with you mcrocket. Athletes these days (especially in NBA and NFL) are getting out of hand.

I have a friend (not a close bud, but a guy who I've known for a while, and who knows me) who is a pro athlete. He makes league minimum. Trust me, even at his pay, he is doing very, very well.

man i cant understand high paid athletes. if 5-10 great hockey players for an example were willing to make 2 million a year, they would become a dynasty and win many cups.
getting paid alot dosent get you into the hall of fame, winning championships does.

The owners are making tons of money, so can't blame the players if they want part of this... after all, they are the main attraction. My only problem is when some back-up catcher gets over 1 million a year to catch 20-30 games a year... my point is, paying the star players is fine by me, don't pay the guy who's playing back-up... and at least wait a few years before giving big contracts... that way we could see if they guy truly "deserve" his salary...

Btw, thank god for this salary cap in the NHL...

i'm sure a lot of athletes have to pay child support. isn't it shawn kemp who's got like 9 kids with 3 or 4 different mothers.

my favorite was that latrell sprewell comment about wanting to renegotiate his contract..."i got kids to feed!" then some wise ass about 6 months after that was talking about the same thing, but it was some young guy who didn't have any kids and he pulled out some line like," i need that money, i got horses to feed." at least he was being honest.

I agree with most of you on pro athletes salaries being obscenely high. I also agree on saying pros should cut the crap and not pretend to actually need the money when they ask for a salary rise.

But: As Spiceworld pointed out, there's no reason why pro athletes shouldn't ask for the money when owners make so much of it. Apparently sports fans are still willing to buy tickets, PPV TV, memorabilia, caps, jerseys, even if prices keep on climbing. There's so much money in sports today, no reason why those who provide the income shouldn't profit from it.

I think it's also worth mentioning that quite a number of athletes donate a lot of their money to welfare and other worthy causes. Some have their own foundations, Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Mike Mussina being examples from the top of my head. Privately funded foundations like these are a big part of the American social system (and the American idea, if you want to get philosophical), so this should be mentioned also.

On a side note: I heard about the money the cyclists earn in the Tour de France today. Compared to other sports it's almost ridiculous to see how little they get for three weeks of exhausting themselves relentlessly. Still, the Tour has lost nothing of its fascination. Shows you how great sports can be without money flying around.