• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

How Star Wars Changed The World

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
Well, it did bring the geeks and nerds out of their parents' basements.

The original movie came out when I was six and for my seventh birthday my Mom organized a Star Wars party replete with a Pin the light saber on Darth Vader; an R2D2 bean bag toss and a TIE fighter pinata. But I never lived in the basement.

TheOrangeCat

AFK..being taken to the vet to get neutered.

FrostyBoy

Banned
Cool diagram. And all true, I guess. The problem is, everything after the "A New Hope" and "Empire" sux my ass inside and out. But all this pseudo-success just encourages Lucas to keep cranking out one shitty episode after another.

Star Trek changed the world more!!

Not really.

If it wasn't for the giant success of Star Wars there never would've been a Star Trek film and if that had never happened, Star Trek would still be a 2 season cult TV show from the 60's.

So you have Star Wars to thank for Trek still being around.

:cool:

I'm not talking about its status in tv and movie land but how it actually changed the world, inspiration for technology and inventions over the last 40 years

Lets not forget all the Star Wars novels and Comic Books out there that got a whole lot people reading !
As for me I pretend Episodes 1,2,3 don't exist and just go by what has happened in the novels and comics!
Those three moves just seemed to be made for mass market appeal!

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Star Trek > Star Wars

I love Star Wars, but whoever put that diagram together has entirely too much time on their hands. :cool:

Not really.

If it wasn't for the giant success of Star Wars there never would've been a Star Trek film and if that had never happened, Star Trek would still be a 2 season cult TV show from the 60's.

So you have Star Wars to thank for Trek still being around.

:cool:

It was 3 seasons, even though some Trekkies wish the third hadn't happened.

TheOrangeCat

It was 3 seasons, even though some Trekkies wish the third hadn't happened.

Out of everything in the canons, from TOS episode 1 to Generations, there's only one thing I wish had never happened.

This.

Adult Image Hosting

Or, at least having happened, could have been unhappened in some bizarre and cruel 'space' manner; like being consumed by his own, past and future virginities, or bludgeoned to death by Picard after getting Troi pregnant; or being turned into a gay hooker's tongue by Q.

Out of everything in the canons, from TOS episode 1 to Generations, there's only one thing I wish had never happened.

This.

Adult Image Hosting

Or, at least having happened, could have been unhappened in some bizarre and cruel 'space' manner; like being consumed by his own, past and future virginities, or bludgeoned to death by Picard after getting Troi pregnant; or being turned into a gay hooker's tongue by Q.

A friend met him on the set of Flubber. He is as big of an asshole as you would think he is.

TheOrangeCat

A friend met him on the set of Flubber. He is as big of an asshole as you would think he is.

Wheaton's Law

"During his keynote speech at the 2007 PAX (Penny Arcade Expo), Wheaton made a note about sportsmanship when playing games online. It has since become known as Wheaton's Law, which states: "Don't Be a Dick!" This was intended to apply to life in general, not just online gaming.

Wheaton's Law Revised is an expansion by comics artist and writer Bill Willingham, which states: "Don't be a dick, but it's okay to play one on TV."

Word .....