• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Homeless People

Around 1982 I started to notice a lot of homeless people hanging out at the local 7/11 mini stores. Now I seem to see them at fast food places.

I have always worried about ending up like them for some reason. I have never come close to that state and live in a paid off house after 26 years of mortgage payments.

Mortgage payments were harder with a layoff in 1991. Getting jobs in my field were difficult over the years and was of great concern to me.

I applied for a job as a cutter operator in a run down shop and the owner/interviewer asked one question which was always on my mind in any job interview but was never openly stated.

Her Question almost right off after a few things like where do you live was:

HOW MUCH WAS THE MINIMUM AMOUNT OF HOURLY WAGE I WOULD WORK FOR !!!!!

Not what I expected to make as is asked in most applications.

What a shock. Do I want to work here I thought.-- But back to homelessness.

It would be interesting to know how many of homeless people are drug/alcohol addicts. That is the common assumption. I figure some people may be retired and cant afford housing of almost a thousand a month on a 1300 a month income. Going homeless though brutal leaves a lot of money left over.

Some may have lost jobs and lived pay check to paycheck. I have always lived trying to save money so as not to run out.

My house needed a lot of work over the years and I deferred to saving money as I was afraid of defaulting on my mortgage. As people were losing houses in 2008 I was making my LAST MORTGAGE PAYMENT..

I was friends with a homeless guy I often saw at the local fast food place and asked questions of his living situation.

Does any one know of personal stories of homeless people or statistics of the problem.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
An job interviewer or application should not be allowed to ask how little would you work for.

The information for the job should all be there how much you make, how much you will max out at, vacation, sick days, everything.

Why You Can Talk Pay with Coworkers

Article

That question the boss asked you was so "obscène" i dont know the english word. We have homeless people here also in France but its different since every French has the right to receive 500 euros per month, no matter what hes doing with his life. But obviously you cant live here with such little money, you need at least around 1100 euros wich is the smalled legally amount of money you may earn by month.
To answer your question, i feel also very concerned by homeless people, when i see how hard the life is when you have a roof over your head. I help them as much as i can. I dunno if i will be homeless one day but i do know that my family would not let this happen so easily. The tough part of homeless guys is that they have no more caring family or friends. Really sad situation. Is that what we call a wellfare state? i dont know. :(

Wille- applications do ask what you expect to make and applicants can put what they want. If too high I always thought the company would tell you what they pay or might pass on you if you expect more. The company might think you want temporary employment while your looking for a good job. Companies do not like to hire people only for them to leave a few months later generally.
I usually put depends on benefits. I was taken aback by her question but her candor was accepted. The question you have to ask your self is how much you want to work for a company that pays as little as possible.

As far as co worker pay- It should be fair but on the companies side, workers do hire on at diff times and do slightly diff jobs so pay can vary. I have gotten the line that it is none of your business what co worker a and b makes. Some workers need more instruction or are high maintenance. Some workers miss more work time due to children illness.
A company asked if I would be needing medical insurance or are covered elsewhere. Medical is very expensive and companies might go with a person not needing it. I worked hourly not on a salary all my life.

I used to think the people with familys needed more people covered by insurance and single people did not. That went away when around 1983 when most companies stopped covering familys automatically. Around that time I think most companies made employees pay for fam members as withholding from their paychecks. Some think single people are less stable so it is a sticky question.

I quess family is the main ingredient with homeless people or a family that has had it up the wazoo with the antics of a questionable family member.

BRAKO- unemployment insurance in LA is around 1 to 520 dollars per week. I did not get the job.
Another interesting situation presented its self as during a tour I met a former co-worker who the boss wanted to fire for laziness and was a complete asshole and uncooperative.
The interviewer asked if I knew him.
I did not want to say he was an ass hole as that would reflect on me.
I did not know if they were having trouble with him also.

I just said we worked together at a previous company.

The place was not that good so best I did not work there.

If I were retired and wanted to save money I might live out of a camper if I was low on money.

Some communities have a roving band of rv ers living on the street.

My Homeless friend would live in a parking lot with a few food joints, home depot, office depot, sams club and my dentist. He would check the phone for change and work the drive thru line for money. I decided to not give money as I did not want to tip him daily. I did give him supplies 2 times and made a xmas visit. He would get mad when some one gave him a nickel and throw it away.
I heard on the news a man had fallen in the drainage channel and had to be rescued only to find the police officer who had arrested him for being in the parking lot after hours also was the officer who helped rescue him. After a trip to my local hospital he felt better and got some loving. (by the way if you get TB you will probably be flown near my local hospital as it is one of the few with a tuberculosis ward. It is also the one , diff building of course- olive view sanitarium where Reagans mother volunteered.)

The manager of a place told my friend to come back at 5 one day for some food and the police were waiting to arrest him for vagrancy..