• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Doubts About Trump's Mental Stability Intensify

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
It's becoming obvious to more and more who are involved at various levels of the establishment that this president is mentally unstable and therefore unfit for the job.

Is President Trump stable and competent enough to do his job?

Investigative reporter and CNN contributor Carl Bernstein says reporters must be asking those questions.

"Republicans in Congress, the highest of intelligence officials, the highest of military officers in our country, leaders of the business community -- all of whom have dealt with the White House, and many of them dealt personally with Donald Trump -- have come to believe that he is unfit for the presidency," Bernstein told CNN's Brian Stelter on Sunday.

He said those people are "raising the very question of his stability and his mental fitness."

"Maybe what I'm being told is not as pervasive as I believe it is. Let's find out," Bernstein added. "We need as journalists to make this our primary function right now."

Stelter said on CNN's "Reliable Sources" that Trump's "actions and inactions in the wake of Charlottesville are provoking some uncomfortable conversations."

The questions, he said, include these: "Is the president of the United States a racist? Is he suffering from some kind of illness? Is he fit for office? And if he's unfit -- then what?"

Some Republican lawmakers, like U.S. Sen. Bob Corker, have joined Democrats in publicly raising questions about Trump's fitness for office. Last week the Tennessee Republican said that Trump "has not yet been able to demonstrate the stability nor some of the competence that he needs to demonstrate in order to be successful."

U.S. Rep. Zoe Lofgren, a California Democrat, recently said she wants Trump to undergo a mental health exam.

Another California Democrat, U.S. Rep. Jackie Speier, called for Trump's removal under the 25th Amendment.

Speier tweeted, "POTUS is showing signs of erratic behavior and mental instability."

On CNN's "State of the Union," Jake Tapper asked one of Speier's colleagues, U.S. Rep. Adam Schiff, about the tweet. He didn't go as far as she did, but he said "there are some serious issues with our president that aren't going to go away."

On "Reliable Sources," the conversation was about the appropriate way to address these concerns head-on.

Alice Stewart, a former journalist who is now a conservative commentator, said reporters should be discussing Trump's competency with their sources.

"I think if people are raising this question, it's a valid topic for journalists to cover," Stewart said. But she said what needs to be examined is "whether it is more of a political difference as opposed to a serious medical problem."

Stewart is the former communications director for U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz's presidential campaign. Cruz, a Texas Republican, sparred fiercely with Trump during the primary campaign last year.

She said Corker's recent remarks show that such questions aren't just coming from Trump's political opponents. They're coming from "across the aisle."

Douglas Brinkley, a CNN presidential historian, called Corker "a real leader among Republicans."

"We're getting the ramifications as a nation of what having a sick man in the White House means," Brinkley said.

"A sick man?" Stelter asked.

Brinkley responded: "He's not mentally stable."

No White House officials have publicly responded to the recent comments from lawmakers.

President Trump tweeted just once on Sunday. It was a critique of the news media as he was about to take off after a vacation in Bedminster, New Jersey.

"Heading back to Washington," he tweeted, "after working hard and watching some of the worst and most dishonest Fake News reporting I have ever seen!"

http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/20/media/trump-carl-bernstein-reliable-sources/index.html

Be sure to watch the video. It's apparent this guy has some real mental issues. :eek:

:1orglaugh

And after he is reelected in a landslide, you snowflakes can push to have 70 million voters evaluated.

You were curled up in the fetal position sucking your thumb after election night.

I don't think he's mentally unstable. He's just deeply immature, pathologicaly ego-maniac and totally sure to know everything better than anyone even thought he's in fact dramaticaly ignorant.
Which already makes him horribly dangerouys for the whole planet.

If Kilm Jong Un gets under his skin on a bad day, we're all fucked

Blue Countach said:
And after he is reelected in a landslide, you snowflakes can push to have 70 million voters evaluated.
Untill election day, most of us were 100% sure Hillary would win. Things did not went as we thought they would. So it's good to see you being so sure Trump is gonna win in 2020...

Rattrap

Doesn't feed trolls and would appreciate it if you
I don't think he's mentally unstable. He's just deeply immature, pathologicaly ego-maniac and totally sure to know everything better than anyone even thought he's in fact dramaticaly ignorant.
I would argue those traits illustrate mental instability.

The immature ego-maniac is particularly...let's say ironic. The party that likes to call others snowflakes elected the biggest one of all.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
If Carl Bernstein is such a fucking genius, why isn't he President.

Not everyone is interested in having the responsability to lead the most powerful country in the world.
Unlike Trump, some know they don't have what it takes, some know that whatever their talent in they specific branch, it doesn't mean they have what it takes (althought some might).
Trump obviously doesn't have what it takes. But he thinks he does, he thinks he's the best president ever, despite the fact that he is the worst, by far (yeah, far worst than Georges W. Bush : Bush was deeply dumb but the little intelligence he had was telling him to listen to the more intelligent people in his administration).

Trump's presidency reminds me of Hitchcock's Bang ! Your Dead

Jagger69

C'mon Bob. THAT'S your comment?

Trump is definitely unstable. Seriously, folks, read the definition and list of symptoms for Narcissistic Personality Disorder from the Mayo Clinic and tell me this motherfucker doesn't have every single one of them. Sorry....he's a narcissist.

Narcissistic personality disorder is one of several types of personality disorders. Personality disorders are conditions in which people have traits that cause them to feel and behave in socially distressing ways, limiting their ability to function in relationships and other areas of their life, such as work or school.

If you have narcissistic personality disorder, you may come across as conceited, boastful or pretentious. You often monopolize conversations. You may belittle or look down on people you perceive as inferior. You may feel a sense of entitlement — and when you don't receive special treatment, you may become impatient or angry. You may insist on having "the best" of everything — for instance, the best car, athletic club or medical care.

At the same time, you have trouble handling anything that may be perceived as criticism. You may have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation. To feel better, you may react with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make yourself appear superior. Or you may feel depressed and moody because you fall short of perfection.

Many experts use the criteria in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5), published by the American Psychiatric Association, to diagnose mental conditions. This manual is also used by insurance companies to reimburse for treatment.

DSM-5 criteria for narcissistic personality disorder include these features:

Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance
Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
Exaggerating your achievements and talents
Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people
Requiring constant admiration
Having a sense of entitlement
Expecting special favors and unquestioning compliance with your expectations
Taking advantage of others to get what you want
Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
Being envious of others and believing others envy you
Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner

Although some features of narcissistic personality disorder may seem like having confidence, it's not the same. Narcissistic personality disorder crosses the border of healthy confidence into thinking so highly of yourself that you put yourself on a pedestal and value yourself more than you value others.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...onality-disorder/basics/symptoms/con-20025568

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
C'mon Bob. THAT'S your comment?

You know me better than that.

Trump's win was based upon being the anti-politician. Run the country like a business instead of a bureaucracy. As much as I hate Mike Bloomberg, he was able to move his agenda in NYC.

His message of draining the swamp in Washington isn't doing anything to move legislation. Perhaps congress isn't threatened by this. They should be but that is to be determined in the mid-terms. Remember all of the shit he said in his primary campaign about his competitors. They are still bitter but should that be a reason not to move agendas? The same stuff Trump said they wanted to do. Perhaps congress is right with their strategy of getting reelected. The swamp won't get drained. Am I to blame for believing that congress would get things done at the risk of not getting reelected? Perhaps. That was the risk I took with my vote.

Jagger69

You know me better than that.

Trump's win was based upon being the anti-politician. Run the country like a business instead of a bureaucracy. As much as I hate Mike Bloomberg, he was able to move his agenda in NYC.

His message of draining the swamp in Washington isn't doing anything to move legislation. Perhaps congress isn't threatened by this. They should be but that is to be determined in the mid-terms. Remember all of the shit he said in his primary campaign about his competitors. They are still bitter but should that be a reason not to move agendas? The same stuff Trump said they wanted to do. Perhaps congress is right with their strategy of getting reelected. The swamp won't get drained. Am I to blame for believing that congress would get things done at the risk of not getting reelected? Perhaps. That was the risk I took with my vote.

I think I do know you better than that, hence my rhetorical query, Bob. I'm not questioning anyone's vote for him. I totally get the anti-establishment sentiment and I don't fault anyone who might be inclined to vote for someone opposing such a flawed and polarizing nominee as Hillary Clinton. I'm also not questioning anyone's support of his policies. I'm questioning the president's mental and emotional state so this is not a partisan cheap shot. I think it is a legitimate concern. Not to be redundant but compare his behavior to the symptoms of the disorder as defined by this renowned source and it describes him to a tee. Regardless of party affiliation I would hope that all constituents would want a president who can make rational, logical and objective decisions. Our very lives can depend upon it. Someone with NPD is incapable of doing that and, even though Trump's unorthodox and non-traditional method of behavior might carry great appeal and simply appear to be a deliberately rebellious gesture on his behalf to some, to me and others who are like minded it appears that he is emotionally driven to behave in that manner and therefore is incapable of critical thinking. I'm genuinely concerned about his emotional and mental instability that, in all likelihood, will only be exacerbated as the pressure of the ongoing DOJ investigation into the Russian hacking allegations and possible collusion on behalf of the Trump campaign intensifies. We simply can't have a mentally unstable president and I fear that we may indeed have one as this is being written.

georges

Staff member
Apparently 8 years of Obama haven't been enough.... :rolleyes:

Jagger69

This thread is about Trump, not Obama. If anyone wants to question President Obama's mental stability please feel free to start your own thread but don't bring it up here.

This thread is about Trump, not Obama. If anyone wants to question President Obama's mental stability please feel free to start your own thread but don't bring it up here.

There is no comparison Trump is the guy on every sports team who wears all the latest equipment and can't play a lick.

If there were any real concern about Trump's mental stability we wouldn't have the investor confidence that we've had. Despite all of his personal faults (he is a narcissistic man child), his inconsistencies (he at one point came out in favor of universal healthcare ffs), he was elected to break up the washington establishment and put America first. Trump the president is no different than Trump the candidate. We knew what he was when we elected him, which was why he was elected.

This is all politics and yet another a coup attempt.

If there were any real concern about Trump's mental stability we wouldn't have the investor confidence that we've had. Despite all of his personal faults (he is a narcissistic man child), his inconsistencies (he at one point came out in favor of universal healthcare ffs), he was elected to break up the washington establishment and put America first. Trump the president is no different than Trump the candidate. We knew what he was when we elected him, which was why he was elected.

This is all politics and yet another a coup attempt.

Investors don't care about anything any madman who screams deregulate is an inspiration to them.

Trump is proving this wrong.

actually, he's not. Trump is who he is. It's his strength, he thrives on it and it's how he got elected. It's the left wing and their media and the overall establishment who are unhinged by him. They are the ones debilitated by the election loss and by definition a mental disorder - that Trump derangement syndrome.

7-2.

dat hatred tho