• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Do You get woosy / sleepy / hypnotized sometimes shortly after sitting

Facetious

Moderated
down at your Computer stand / desk ?

Do you ever get narcolepsy while P C 'in ?

Have you ever fell asleep in front of PC ?

I do :o

Do I have some type of ergonomic issues that I should attend to ?

Thanks ~~

BNF

Ex-SuperMod
You also started a thread about a sleep disorder... Maybe you should get your head checked out, there may be a small (or growing) problem.

And, no is my answer.

I do, when I am trying to lose the last few stubborn pounds/kilos, have the opposite problem - dizziness when standing up. (Carb restriction will do that)

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
The only time I get woozy after sitting is if I've been sitting and drinking, then stand up to go take a piss. Other than that no problems!

I have tried a couple of times where I was just sitting in a chair and suddenly my head was spinning. Usually that's of course due to vast amounts of alcohol, but not always. Perhaps it was brought on by hunger or something :dunno:

I once experienced being dizzy after standing up quite frequently, but for some reason that has almost stopped now. Not that I miss it though. I didn't particularly like it :tongue:

i get tired like once every 12-16 hours. im currently looking into it

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
I get migraines a lot, so I have dizzy spells on a constant basis. The only time I ever get dizzy or tired from sitting is when I've been drinking, like Legz said.

Vertigo sometimes if I stand up after sitting, but other than that, no. I've fallen asleep at my computer a couple times, but that was just because I was up far too late. The only time I can actually remember was probably 15 years ago or so, while I was playing the original Sim City (I remember waking up with a city in ruins).

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
I have leg problems. So, I can't sit or stand too long. That's how I got out of jury duty. :D

I also have migraines sometimes. But, not because of the computer.

Facetious

Moderated
You also started a thread about a sleep disorder... Maybe you should get your head checked out
:confused: Actually I was leaning more toward getting possible feedback for an ergonomic desk chair combo. :1orglaugh Apparently, there's a proper way to sit at a desk ?

It is my understanding that posture is very important for proper circulation etc. etc. - I once saw a layout diagram from, IIRC - Calif. State OSHA pertaining to how a desk should be laid out, relative to proper heigth . . does anybody have a source / link for such ?

This condition only occurs at my desk.

Tell me ~

McRocket

Banned
i get tired like once every 12-16 hours. im currently looking into it

Me as well. I feel fine for like 12 hours. And then I start to feel the life oozing out of me. And then I lost consciousnss for as long as 8 hours!
Only to have the whole horrible sensation start again. ANd it happens every day.

LOL.

I agree with BNF, Facetious, I would get that checked out, right away.

Facetious

Moderated
Me as well. I feel fine for like 12 hours. And then I start to feel the life oozing out of me. And then I lost consciousnss for as long as 8 hours!
Only to have the whole horrible sensation start again. ANd it happens every day.

LOL.

I agree with BNF, Facetious, I would get that checked out, right away.

you guys go halvsies, pick up the tab, & maybe :D

i once stood up quickly after sittin down for a while, went for a walk about 10ft away then had a good stretch reaching for the ceiling an i woke up on the floor with a bad neck an bleeding tongue lol that was weird as hell but funniest thing i ever felt:d it was so awesome id love to feel it again anyday but ever since then i havent, i was suffering with frequent viral infections around the time so maybe thats why it happened.
i have since then stood up quickly an felt exactly how i did when i did that^^ but not actually got too the state of unconsciousness an blurry sight an wobbley legs an that use to happen alot an still does now an again but im sure thats just like a rush of blood or something so nothing to worry about really:)

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
I just got done stroking and I have to admit...I'm sitting down and I'm getting kind of tired. Weeeeeeird.

Facetious

Moderated
Then again, I was informed such conditions (woosyness) could potentially arrive from wavelength frequencies . . them 'lil megahertz / khz bastids I suppose :confused: :o

Unit is :Hardware Overview:

Machine Model: iMac G5
CPU Type: PowerPC G5 (3.0)
Number Of CPUs: 1
CPU Speed: 1.6 GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
Memory: 256 MB
Bus Speed: 533 MHz
Boot ROM Version: 5.2.2f4

:tongue: