• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Country Music Icon Merle Haggard Dead at 79

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
He predicted that he would die on his birthday and he did. I'm so very sad to lose another icon of my younger days. There is no greater influence on the development of the "outlaw" country music sub-genre that proliferated in the 1980s along with other artists such as Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson and Hank Williams, Jr. His impact cannot be overestimated. R.I.P. Merle. I'm sure that he's somewhere drinking that free Bubble-Up and eating that Rainbow Stew. Hopefully, someday we all will be.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...-country-legend-dies-on-79th-birthday-w201690

I could post a few dozen songs but any Hag fan knows 'em all like I do so feel free to post away.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Rest In Peace Merle :angels:

When Merle wrote these songs, they were very patriotic, though they also had political connotations. (Against the radical college students that were opposed to the Vietnam War.) As a result, both were hits for Mr. Haggard.

Tommy Collins is playing the Fender Stratocaster. :)

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
As I see more of the names that I grew up with passing on (celebrities and in real life), I get that odd feeling of mortality.

R.I.P. Mr. Haggard. :hatsoff: