• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Conan O'Brien to end talk-show hosting run after 28 years, gets HBO Max variety series instead

The Penis Mightier

Kameltoe Harris = Poop
I really like Conan O'Brien. I was a big fan of his NBC show and was so proud of the guy when he became host of the Tonight Show. Wrong format with the wrong guy there. Jimmy Fallon can't hold Conan's jock strap when it comes to comedy. Conan went off into the sunset into obscurity all the way to the end of the dial and our glorious flat earth working at TBS, the 1983 home of Georgia Championship Wrestling.

Good luck at HBO. I still believe you can be a success again.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/conan-obrien-end-talk-show-182754219.html

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
I'd have to agree with you. I never was much for the late shows, but I did like Letterman and I did like Conan. Leno never did it for me, and Fallon is so not my cup of tea. Conan will be fine. He's actually funny.

In the end looking back with hindsight O'Brien trying to force his way onto the Tonight Show was a huge mistake. He should have just waited a handful more years until Leno was willing to quit on his own and then took over with a lot less drama. Neither one fully recovered from it. I don't think I ever watched his TBS show a single time.

I also blame Conan's fans. They incessantly bitched and moaned all those years ago. They did just about everything to help him out except the one thing that might have actually worked...watch his show. If he had better ratings he would have stayed, but that was just too much for his supporters to figure out.

stefidungo

Banned
Who's going to make masturbating bears funny again?

gif.gif

* apart from Jeffrey Toobin

The Penis Mightier

Kameltoe Harris = Poop
In the end looking back with hindsight O'Brien trying to force his way onto the Tonight Show was a huge mistake. He should have just waited a handful more years until Leno was willing to quit on his own and then took over with a lot less drama. Neither one fully recovered from it. I don't think I ever watched his TBS show a single time.

I also blame Conan's fans. They incessantly bitched and moaned all those years ago. They did just about everything to help him out except the one thing that might have actually worked...watch his show. If he had better ratings he would have stayed, but that was just too much for his supporters to figure out.

My ears were burning so much the neighbor smelled smoke, just came over, and through a blanket over my head. Allahu Akbar.

My trouble in supporting Conan was that I forgot TBS existed and I wouldn't have been able to adjust the rabbit ears to pick up such a low frequency UHF signal. I'm loyal but LA standards of the word loyal. We get distracted easily by shiny objects and forget what was on our minds previously. Bewbs.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
He wants to have a good reason to pick up a guitar and play. Which is fine, but he needs his venue to do it. So good luck to him, I never watch him, or any of them, but he seems like a funny guy, and not overly dickey.

My ears were burning so much the neighbor smelled smoke, just came over, and through a blanket over my head. Allahu Akbar.

My trouble in supporting Conan was that I forgot TBS existed and I wouldn't have been able to adjust the rabbit ears to pick up such a low frequency UHF signal. I'm loyal but LA standards of the word loyal. We get distracted easily by shiny objects and forget what was on our minds previously. Bewbs.

I was talking about how the ratings went down even before the move. On one hand maybe NBC should have given him more time to try and work things out. They were pretty quick on pushing him out. On the other hand he just didn't perform, and then NBC started to panic because of that and because of the stupid way they handled the entire situation before that with him and Leno.

To use a sports analogy if I'm a starting star player, but some up and coming person with great potential leverages that potential to get me kicked off the team so he can get my spot I'm not going to to feel upset about coming back shortly afterwards if he underperforms and telling him to get his ass back to the bench. I'm also not going to feel sad if I remind the front office of that team of how stupid they were to make their decisions in the first place.

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
No idea he had drama. I take him at face value like everything. I stay away from the BS. He always seemed polite, not dickish, and he actually makes me laugh. Not that I ever caught him regularly, I'm just not a talk show person. Usually they get political and that's something I treat like the plague.

I'm sure he's had plenty of success and lives a happy life, which we should all get the chance to do.