• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Chicago the highest crime rate city of the USA

georges

Staff member
http://news.yahoo.com/chicago-murder-capital-of-america-fbi-142122290.html
Chicago now murder capital of U.S., FBI says
By Dylan Stableford, Yahoo! News | Yahoo News – 15 hrs ago

Move over New York, the Second City is now the murder capital of America.

According to new crime statistics released this week by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Chicago had more homicides in 2012 than any other city in the country. There were 500 murders in Chicago last year, the FBI said, surpassing New York City, which had 419.

In 2011, there were 515 homicides in the Big Apple, compared with the 431 in Chicago.

But as the Washington Post noted, residents of Chicago and New York were much less likely to be victims of a homicide than some Michigan residents. In Flint, for example, there were 63 killings — a staggering number when you consider Flint's population is 101,632 — "meaning 1 in every 1,613 city residents were homicide victims." In Detroit, where 386 killings occurred in 2012, 1 in 1,832 were homicide victims.

Guns were used in the vast majority of slayings in the United States last year. According to the FBI data, 69.3 percent involved a firearm.

Overall, violent crime — homicides and aggravated assaults — was up less than 1 percent in 2012, according to FBI data.

There was some good news in the report. The estimated number of burglaries declined 3.7 percent in 2012, and property crimes (down 0.9 percent) fell for the 10th straight year.

Click here for the full report.

Cities with the most homicides in 2012

1. Chicago | 500
2. New York | 419
3. Detroit | 386
4. Philadelphia | 331
5. Los Angeles | 299
6. Baltimore | 219
7. Houston | 217
8. New Orleans | 193
9. Dallas | 154
10. Memphis | 133
11. Oakland | 126
12. Phoenix | 124
13. St. Louis | 113
14. Kansas City | 105
15. Indianapolis | 101

Source: FBI

Guns were used in the vast majority of slayings in the United States last year. According to the FBI data, 69.3 percent involved a firearm.

Quite a staggering figure.

Does this mean that the acquisition of firearms is too easy in America or that the honest citizen should acquire more guns that they would be able to defend themselves?

georges

Staff member
Quite a staggering figure.

Does this mean that the acquisition of firearms is too easy in America or that the honest citizen should acquire more guns that they would be able to defend themselves?

This means in towns where there is a democrat mayor, there is likely more crimes. Chicago has among the strictest gun laws in the USA but it is still a shitty town to live in. I would rather live in Abylene or in Montgomery than live in NY or Los Angeles.

half the cities on that list have a Republican mayors and it only has major cities in the US so, check along Texas border cities like Laredo and their murder rates even higher

The guns used in these crimes are brought in from other counties in Illinois where the gun laws are not as strict. You are not going to legislate safer streets and the criminals will always have their guns. The majority of these crimes happen in the inner city neighborhoods. My last trip to Chicago was this past December. I felt perfectly safe there as well as when I go to Manhattan. I am not going to go driving around the Bronx or Astoria Queens at 3 a.m. however.

This means in towns where there is a democrat mayor, there is likely more crimes. Chicago has among the strictest gun laws in the USA but it is still a shitty town to live in. I would rather live in Abylene or in Montgomery than live in NY or Los Angeles.

Los Angeles is a massive city geographically. If you live in a good part of town, you're fine. I'm right between UCLA and Beverly Hills right underneath Bel Air. The closest thing to bullets flying through the air are those 12 cylinder Italian cars driving too fast down Beverly Glen Bl. The shootings in our city are primarily in the ghetto done by people from the ghetto against people who live in the ghetto. Rule of thumb, don't go to the ghetto.

About the democrat mayor, we had one of the worst.

1230-charlie-sheen-antonio-villaraigosa-twitter-5-e1357662275793.jpg

georges

Staff member
You're confusing the homicide rate with the crime rate, they aren't the same. Chicago has the highest homicide rate but not the highest crime rate. The city with the highest crime rate, which encompasses murder, robberies, rapes, etc, is Detroit. Of course you wouldn't get the facts right
http://money.cnn.com/gallery/real_estate/2013/01/23/dangerous-cities/index.html

Don't fucking tell me that I wouldn't the facts straight because homicide rate or crime rate that are enough of an indicator to show how shitty both detroit and chi town are especially when there is scum living inside them. Both had democrap mayors and the result is that detroit is an absolute and insolvent shithole and that chi town is an unsecure place too. Keep going and waxing democraps shoes

Don't fucking tell me that I wouldn't the facts straight because homicide rate or crime rate that are enough of an indicator to show how shitty both detroit and chi town are especially when there is scum living inside them. Both had democrap mayors and the result is that detroit is an absolute and insolvent shithole and that chi town is an unsecure place too. Keep going and waxing democraps shoes

Detroit may be a shithole But Its my shithole that you dont know fuck about so fuck off

The guns used in these crimes are brought in from other counties in Illinois where the gun laws are not as strict. You are not going to legislate safer streets and the criminals will always have their guns. The majority of these crimes happen in the inner city neighborhoods. My last trip to Chicago was this past December. I felt perfectly safe there as well as when I go to Manhattan. I am not going to go driving around the Bronx or Astoria Queens at 3 a.m. however.

I'm a resident of Chicago and everything you said is spot on. What people don't understand is that cities themselves are't dangerous, instead it's certain parts of cities that are dangerous.

I am concerned for our friend Elwood. He basically lives in the epicenter of gun violence. Bodymore Murderland , Camden NJ. Killadelphia Pistolvania. Fuck!

Mayhem

Banned
I'm a resident of Chicago and everything you said is spot on. What people don't understand is that cities themselves are't dangerous, instead it's certain parts of cities that are dangerous.

Very well put. Just as with guns, which are not dangerous, rather the people using them. :clap:

Mayhem

Banned
^

That can not be denied.

But if people do not have guns, then they can not cause the gun accidents.

1. People do have guns.
2. If they didn't, they'd use something else.
3. "Something else" could mean explosives and/or flammables.

georges

Staff member
Detroit may be a shithole But Its my shithole that you dont know fuck about so fuck off

I know enough of your town. Since the election of Kwame Kilpatrick, your town has been in deep waters. I have far more respect for the Detroit of the 60's -80's than for the Detroit of the late 90's- 00's filled with gangs and criminality. Also how do you explain then if it was a good place where to live in that population is now 750000 inhabitants as opposed to before when it was 1500000 and also the very low value of house and appartments sold there?

then you really don't know anything because during the 70's and 80's Coleman Young was mayor and he was as big if not bigger of a crook then Kilpatrick. that's who the Kilpatrick family learned from. The racial issues in the mid and late '60s is when the down turn started, and add that to the manufacturing crash in the 2000's because of the Bush off shoring tax break in 2002 which sent 60 percent of the manufacturing jobs overseas

I would actually go to Detroit. As someone who lives in a city, I know that the whole city of Detroit is not dangerous, rather certain sections of the city are. If I were to go I imagine I would be in the dowtown area which I'm certain the city makes a priority to keep safe since that's the economic heart of the city. In saying that though, I wouldn't dare venture outside of the downtown area though because that's where you'll run into some rough shit

Elwood70

Torn & Frayed.
Really? That's been drilled into my head almost to the point of instinct since I was born. I thought it went without saying, basic common sense. It's when the "good" and "bad" are one block to the next that it becomes really fun.

I am concerned for our friend Elwood. He basically lives in the epicenter of gun violence. Bodymore Murderland , Camden NJ. Killadelphia Pistolvania. Fuck!
I manage....that's all I can say..:cool:

I would actually go to Detroit. As someone who lives in a city, I know that the whole city of Detroit is not dangerous, rather certain sections of the city are. If I were to go I imagine I would be in the dowtown area which I'm certain the city makes a priority to keep safe since that's the economic heart of the city. In saying that though, I wouldn't dare venture outside of the downtown area though because that's where you'll run into some rough shit

Sounds familiar. ;)

This may come as a shock to some of you, but I would absolutely love to go to Chicago. In fact, if I was in a situation where I had no choice but to leave Baltimore - like say, Witness Protection - and could choose where to go, I'd go to Chicago.