• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Bands who's members are all excellent at their instruments.

List the bands you think the members are masters at the instrument they play and don't just rely on 1 or 2 bandmates to be good...like Van Halen...Eddie is great but I always thought Alex and
Michael Anthony were mediocre players.

Examples:
Deep Purple- at their peak, my opinion, the Burn album 1971, all the members were maestros at what they did. Glenn Hughes and Ritchie Blackmore were awesome, Jon Lord layed out some sick keys and Ian Pace is on of my favorite drummers, of course David Coverdale is a great singer.

Black Sabbath- I may be biased cause this is my favorite band but it features my 3 favorite musicians of all time Bill Ward, Geezer Butler and Tony Iommi, Ozzy was an alright singer but Dio had the voice of a metal god.

Jimi Hendrix Experience- 3 piece with all being excellent at their instruments, Hendrix, Mitchell, and Redding.

Led Zeppelin- Page, Plant, Jones and Bonham, what more do you need in a band? ...Bonham Tribute....

Red Hot Chili Peppers- I've always seen them as the best band of my generation. Flea has sick grove, John is a soulful guitar player chad smith is an awesome drummer and Kiedis has amazing flow.

Rush-Neil Peart is a god, Geddy Lee is a god, Alex Lifeson is a god...

What say you? I know I forgot some great bands.

Prod3

Expect Nothing and Appreciate Everything
Truly Awesome!

Steve Vai with his band members, Tony MacAlpine (Guitar & Keyboards), Billy Sheenan (Bass), Dave Weiner (Guitar) & Jeremey Colson (Drums)

Truly Awesome!

Steve Vai with his band members, Tony MacAlpine (Guitar & Keyboards), Billy Sheenan (Bass), Dave Weiner (Guitar) & Jeremey Colson (Drums)

Wow this is awesome. I never really taken the time to listen to Steve Vai but I'm going to have to after this. Great post.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
good examples above, and van halen as a non example.
i would put the who in their too.
also billy corgan , james iha and jimmy chamberlain of the smashing pumkins had to me the best talent and chemistry ive seen in the past 20 years, especially in each song that ended with a incredible climax.

and of course these guys

Prod3

Expect Nothing and Appreciate Everything
Wow this is awesome. I never really taken the time to listen to Steve Vai but I'm going to have to after this. Great post.

It is indeed :D

I went to see Steve Vai when they came on the European tour with G3 in 2004 at the Royal Albert Hall in London. Him & his band performed that song & routine and it was amazing!:shock:

Also gonna mention Dream Theater & Symphony X for band musicianship too :bowdown: some more truly amazing musicians in them!

Any incarnation of King Crimson

Rapeman

Hella

Lightning Bolt

The Jesus Lizard

Facetious

Moderated
I'm not the biggest fan of this band because, well, they were before my time, but nevertheless, here is an example of an awesome performance of musical talent:
Watch Palmer (percussion solo beginning at 2:48 mins. . . . insane!)

Sorry contemporary music fans I just don't see much out there these days.

Patrick_S

persona non grata
Fuck all those disgusting progressive rock bands, these guys are great musicians that make music that you can actually listen to:

ApolloBalboa

Was King of the Board for a Day
A lot of what I would've said has already been mentioned (Cream, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Deep Purple, Hendrix, etc.), but I noticed one that nobody's mentioned as of yet.

Don't anybody try and tell me otherwise.

ApolloBalboa

Was King of the Board for a Day
The Allman Brothers Band was also incredible, nobody can say that At Filmore East wasn't a great work of art. 'Tis a great shame that they've lost so many talented people. Nobody can dispute that Duane wasn't an amazing guitarist, as well as Dickey Betts and Berry Oakley and Gregg on organ.

Queen was amazing, talent every which way you looked. There's no doubting that Brian May was a perfect fit for guitar, as well as Deacon for bass and Taylor for percussion.

Lastly (for now), Lynyrd Skynyrd was a great band. Another group that has lost a great number of people, but remains timeless. Allen Collins and Gary Rossington made for a great group of guitarists, Leon Wilkeson was a great bass player, and Billy Powell a fantastic keyboard player. Steve Gaines, although a late addition to the group, was perhaps the best of all.

I don't know why people are mentioning the Chili Peppers. Keadis is kind of annoying (and yes, I consider the vocalist equally important and an "instrument").Nirvana WAS phenominal, but of course, we all know what happened there...