• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Australian entertainment

As i am going to Australia next month. I'm kinda of in the mood to see films/tv shows that are either based or made in Australia.

Some of this might be worth seeing on the plane on netflix or something :)

Any suggestions?

tvstrip: well .. when I was there previously, MANY women looked like "the woman in the red dress!" :love:

tvstrip: well .. when I was there previously, MANY women looked like "the woman in the red dress!" :love:
I literally walked by the waterfall in that scene on my way to work every day. (Martin Place)
And yes, every day there were women just as hot as her walking around there ;)

Mission Impossible 2 is also a good one. Whenever I took a boat around Sydney Harbour, the theme song would be playing in my head

If you have access to JAG, check out the 2-part episode "Boomerang" from Season 5. Apart from Prime Catherine Bell in a bikini, it features tons of shots around Sydney. It's kind of outdated, being from the 90s, but on the other hand, it's kind of interesting to see how some things have changed, while others have stayed the same for 30 years.
1661434842277.png

Reactions: sj1

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
The only think I think that I've watched, that might be Australian, is "Outback Truckers", on Netflix. It was good. Better then Ice Road Truckers. There was a cute little chubby blonde on the show, cute as could be, and tough as nails. Being I drove for so long, I've always wanted to drive and Australian road train, but those guys just work way to hard. I'm not sure wnat they make a year, but they work for it.

The only think I think that I've watched, that might be Australian, is "Outback Truckers", on Netflix. It was good. Better then Ice Road Truckers. There was a cute little chubby blonde on the show, cute as could be, and tough as nails. Being I drove for so long, I've always wanted to drive and Australian road train, but those guys just work way to hard. I'm not sure wnat they make a year, but they work for it.
How does Outback Truckers work? I've never watched it, but having been on Aussie roads, I recall there is very little excitement apart from the odd 'roo running into your grill. Unless you're driving in the north during the wet, I'm not sure what would keep your attention.

Mr. Daystar

How does Outback Truckers work? I've never watched it, but having been on Aussie roads, I recall there is very little excitement apart from the odd 'roo running into your grill. Unless you're driving in the north during the wet, I'm not sure what would keep your attention.
It's set up like Ice Road Truckers. They follow a few drivers, through the typical things they face. Except instead of bitter cold, they have crocodiles, and searing heat. and more trailers. I thought the characters were more likeable. I only watched a season of Ice road, but if Netflix puts up a second Outback, I'll watch. I've always wanted to drive one of those things.

It's set up like Ice Road Truckers. They follow a few drivers, through the typical things they face. Except instead of bitter cold, they have crocodiles, and searing heat. and more trailers. I thought the characters were more likeable. I only watched a season of Ice road, but if Netflix puts up a second Outback, I'll watch. I've always wanted to drive one of those things.
Yeah, I guess being stranded in the outback with an overheated truck, surrounded by snakes, mosquitos, spiders and the sun could be exciting.
On the other hand, the country is a railroader's paradise - with vast stretches of flat land and tons of cargo that needs to be transported across it. I don't know for sure, but I'd have to imagine the freight industry has to favour them where rails exist.

Mr. Daystar

Yeah, I guess being stranded in the outback with an overheated truck, surrounded by snakes, mosquitos, spiders and the sun could be exciting.
On the other hand, the country is a railroader's paradise - with vast stretches of flat land and tons of cargo that needs to be transported across it. I don't know for sure, but I'd have to imagine the freight industry has to favour them where rails exist.
I'm sure it does. I think mostly in the mining industries. If you go on Youtube there are videos of miles long coal, and oar trains, but getting to those out of the way places, you need trucks. Don't forget, one locomotive weighs more then a whole fully loaded road train. You have to be sure your ground is going to support rail traffic, and not many industries can afford a rail spur line. The rail roads aren't going to spend several millions on a branch line, if it isn't a completely profitable sure thing. As far as the show goes, not a lot of over heating. Those tractors are purpose built, and many things they have, aren't even allowed on US highways. They do get a shit ton of flats though. Don't forget, some of those rigs have upwards of 70 tires, across 3 trailers and a couple of dollies.

I'm sure it does. I think mostly in the mining industries. If you go on Youtube there are videos of miles long coal, and oar trains, but getting to those out of the way places, you need trucks. Don't forget, one locomotive weighs more then a whole fully loaded road train. You have to be sure your ground is going to support rail traffic, and not many industries can afford a rail spur line. The rail roads aren't going to spend several millions on a branch line, if it isn't a completely profitable sure thing. As far as the show goes, not a lot of over heating. Those tractors are purpose built, and many things they have, aren't even allowed on US highways. They do get a shit ton of flats though. Don't forget, some of those rigs have upwards of 70 tires, across 3 trailers and a couple of dollies.
You're not kidding about the flats.
And this route was in South Aus and they still had washed roads. It's way worse up north - a run during the wet would really make for an interesting episode.

Damn you @Mr. Daystar , now you got me watching more of these....
(You gotta wonder, how bad is the artwork on his hood?)

Vast expanses of land coupled with hostile weather. This is why I say no one should ever invade Australia or Canada, because you'll never be able to conquer the entire country.

Last edited: